War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Challenged by a Neon!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Challenged by a Neon!

So I just got challenged by a kid in a Neon! I was driving to Sheets with my sister and her friend and I am trying to resist the urge to "show off" my car. I am going about 70 mph and the speed limit is 65 mph. I pass this neon and he gets behind me to pass another car. We pass the car and he proceeds to flash his lights at me and then whip into the other lane and accelerate. I instantly put the pedal on the floor and say “I don’t think so *****!” My sister’s friend (who is an Audi car fanatic) starts to cheer me on. I generally don’t race but there was no traffic (it was 11:30 pm) and I had a cheering section, I kept it on the floor. I backed off at 110 mph since I had a few car lengths on him and was still pulling away. He then flew past me (I believe you guys call that the ricer fly bye) and was sitting at the Sheets when I got their. I walk in and hear him this kid talking about how he just beat this crappy Cobalt SS while he was on his way their! I politely pointed out to his friends that I didn’t think he beat the Cobalt. He looks at me and says “Cobalt’s are ****, I beat them all the time.” I then informed his friends that I was driving the Cobalt he claimed to have beaten and I had witnesses to back up my story! I wish I could have taken a picture of his face!!! I thought he was going to faint! I loved it cause, not only did I get to show of my car (sister’s friend loved it), I got to put the little punk in his place! Just thought I would share
Old 03-08-2008, 02:16 AM

Lol pwned! and nice kill
Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahaha moron. Very nice. I love how they consider themselves the winner by doing the ricer fly-by while you're breaking down back towards the speed limit haha. Or the best is when you're just going normally from a light and they gun it passed you and think that they're the ****.

Silly ricers.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:48 AM

trix are for kids
Old 03-08-2008, 02:53 AM

I loved how he thought he was the **** as he told his friends he won! Then, after I said something, he **** his pants when he looked out and saw my car next to his! It was great!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
moved to the war stories section.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:16 AM

nice kill. and congrats on teaching the little ***** a lesson about telling dreams instead of what happens in real life.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:27 AM

Something similar happened to me last night. I was driving home from a late night Denny's session with some friends, and this beat up pick up truck was driving like an idiot in the right lane (speeding up and slowing down, driving in the middle of the road, etc). I figured they were drunk and wanted to get away from them as quickly as possible. So I signal, pull out around him and start to speed up in 5th gear. Well, he slams his gas and is trying to gain on me. I keep the gas down and put around 5 car lengths on him. I shut down around 90-95 since the road gets narrow and windy up ahead, and I certainly don't want to demolish my car over some clunker truck. He does a ricer fly by, gets way up ahead of me, then turns his hazards on. I'm laughing hysterically while my friend (who isn't into cars) is looking at me like i'm some madman. I pulled him in 5th gear by a ton, and he pulls a ricer fly by and turns on his hazards..... Some people's kids...
Old 03-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by GeNNiX
Something similar happened to me last night. I was driving home from a late night Denny's session with some friends, and this beat up pick up truck was driving like an idiot in the right lane (speeding up and slowing down, driving in the middle of the road, etc). I figured they were drunk and wanted to get away from them as quickly as possible. So I signal, pull out around him and start to speed up in 5th gear. Well, he slams his gas and is trying to gain on me. I keep the gas down and put around 5 car lengths on him. I shut down around 90-95 since the road gets narrow and windy up ahead, and I certainly don't want to demolish my car over some clunker truck. He does a ricer fly by, gets way up ahead of me, then turns his hazards on. I'm laughing hysterically while my friend (who isn't into cars) is looking at me like i'm some madman. I pulled him in 5th gear by a ton, and he pulls a ricer fly by and turns on his hazards..... Some people's kids...
Nice!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:07 PM

Nice pwnage!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM

neon RT's don't even keep up with 2.2's..what an idiottt.
good kill
Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Billig ss/sc
Hahaha moron. Very nice. I love how they consider themselves the winner by doing the ricer fly-by while you're breaking down back towards the speed limit haha. Or the best is when you're just going normally from a light and they gun it passed you and think that they're the ****.

Silly ricers.
well like everybody says a win is a win
Old 03-08-2008, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well if your going to street race illegally and you dont want the other person to do a ricer fly by and say they won, when you've decided you have had enough and want to stop you throw on your hazard lights ...........
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 PM

hahanice story, i actually raced a neon yesterday to. This chick at my work was at a stop lgiht and i pull up neext to her. She guns it at the green, and i didnt know she wanted to race so after i late start i still fly past her and proceed to go about my business with a wave on the passby.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 PM

For the love of god!!!

A 2.4L better damn well beat a freakin Neon POS!! Unless its a SRT4.. Nice kill but then again it wasn't really a race but a little stretch of the legs of the 2.4L..
Old 03-08-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by firedude71_60
So I just got challenged by a kid in a Neon! I was driving to Sheets with my sister and her friend and I am trying to resist the urge to "show off" my car. I am going about 70 mph and the speed limit is 65 mph. I pass this neon and he gets behind me to pass another car. We pass the car and he proceeds to flash his lights at me and then whip into the other lane and accelerate. I instantly put the pedal on the floor and say “I don’t think so *****!” My sister’s friend (who is an Audi car fanatic) starts to cheer me on. I generally don’t race but there was no traffic (it was 11:30 pm) and I had a cheering section, I kept it on the floor. I backed off at 110 mph since I had a few car lengths on him and was still pulling away. He then flew past me (I believe you guys call that the ricer fly bye) and was sitting at the Sheets when I got their. I walk in and hear him this kid talking about how he just beat this crappy Cobalt SS while he was on his way their! I politely pointed out to his friends that I didn’t think he beat the Cobalt. He looks at me and says “Cobalt’s are ****, I beat them all the time.” I then informed his friends that I was driving the Cobalt he claimed to have beaten and I had witnesses to back up my story! I wish I could have taken a picture of his face!!! I thought he was going to faint! I loved it cause, not only did I get to show of my car (sister’s friend loved it), I got to put the little punk in his place! Just thought I would share
Nice kill bro. Neons are soo gay. I raced a few before with my altima and raped the **** out of them.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:09 PM

brilliant
Old 03-08-2008, 03:30 PM

ok well i am driving down i-75 here in tampa and getting onto i-4 towards orlando when a si pulls up next to me and start speeding up and slowing down his car looked stock as is mine...well i finally got fed up with his kiddish ways to race and dropped it into fourth and fucckin launched on his ass ...he had a newer model si prolly 06 ...i put about 2-3 car lengths between us and threw my hazards on and backed off round 105-110 but he didnt give me a ricer fly by he was to embarssed... he got off at the next exit lol
Old 03-08-2008, 03:51 PM

hahaha nice
Old 03-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Was it just a Neon or a SRT-4 .....
Old 03-08-2008, 08:05 PM

im pretty sure it was just a neon
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 PM

good job man.
Today some ricer wanted to play reving his engine and **** its a hatch honda with like 2 wings i wish i had my camera i pulled my window down and said "relax ricer you don't want to get embarrassed in front of your girlfriend" he looked at me dumbfounded i just loled . The guy is stupid because we are waiting on a red with 20 or so cars in front at a T intersection and hes thinking hes racing up to the car in front of him every time it inches ahead lol.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by RyanStageWTF
Was it just a Neon or a SRT-4 .....
Just a Neon, and as far as I could tell just the fart can and the wing!

Last edited by firedude71_60; 03-09-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
good job man.
Today some ricer wanted to play reving his engine and **** its a hatch honda with like 2 wings i wish i had my camera i pulled my window down and said "relax ricer you don't want to get embarrassed in front of your girlfriend" he looked at me dumbfounded i just loled . The guy is stupid because we are waiting on a red with 20 or so cars in front at a T intersection and hes thinking hes racing up to the car in front of him every time it inches ahead lol.
hahahaha i see that all the time around here
Old 03-09-2008, 11:05 PM

lol what is it with neon, cavy, and sunfire drivers i swear i cant even go get groceries with at least one of each flying by or reving it up at me

Quick Reply: Challenged by a Neon!