War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS Turbo vs 04 Mach 1 (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shatfire
LOL at whoever said a Mach 1 goes 12.9 from the showroom floor. Maybe with a 100 shot. Get a grip.
I believe there are some who have gone 12's with 4.10 gears and DR's, but I dont think I've ever seen one go 12's stock off the showroom.

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC
look it up its very possible. Average is mid to low 13's though. Though now the autos might need a 100 shot. But theres a lot of difference between an auto mach 1 and a manual mach 1. Do some research then open your mouth.

Here since I know your too lazy to look it up....

http://www.mach1registry.com/FAQ.htm#how
It's funny you give us that link to look at, and then the fastest stock Mach 1 on those lists was 13.1 and 13.2, far from a 12.9 there buddy. And please dont try and act like you know more about Mustangs and their times than I do, because you will be wrong. I've been a member on Mustangforums for 4 years, and have been around them my whole life. So, bye bye!!

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 11-03-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM

short?? I'm 6 ft and 190lbs. And, I never said I wasn't a trifecta customer. I guess having a good product and defending it to dumbasses makes you a "sacrider."
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
I believe there are some who have gone 12's with 4.10 gears and DR's, but I dont think I've ever seen one go 12's stock off the showroom.

It's funny you give us that link to look at, and then the fastest stock Mach 1 on those lists was 13.1 and 13.2, far from a 12.9 there buddy. And please dont try and act like you know more about Mustangs and their times than I do, because you will be wrong. I've been a member on Mustangforums for 4 years, and have been around them my whole life. So, bye bye!!
OMG 4 years? wow can I bow down to you? I mean ive only been on stangnet since 1999. God I have so much learning to do from you. Your the almighty master the alpha omega of the mustang world.

Get lost man. Look up Paul Svinicki. He ran a 12.9 in a showroom stock Mach1 5 spd in 2003. It was even posted on stangnet back in 03. and 13.1 with evan smith shows theres time left in the car as he isnt the hottest shoe but a good driver.

Oh and dont believe me on the stangnet look up 89stang on there then come back and try again.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM

OMG 4 years? wow can I bow down to you? I mean ive only been on stangnet since 1999. God I have so much learning to do from you. Your the almighty master the alpha omega of the mustang world.

Get lost man. Look up Paul Svinicki. He ran a 12.9 in a showroom stock Mach1 5 spd in 2003. It was even posted on stangnet back in 03. and 13.1 with evan smith shows theres time left in the car as he isnt the hottest shoe but a good driver.

Oh and dont believe me on the stangnet look up 89stang on there then come back and try again.
WOW!!! Stangnet since 99, you must be proud of yourself. Never heard of this guy getting a 12.9, but I did hear of Evan Smiths 13.1, which is what everyone talks about. What happened to your Eclipse? I think they miss you over on the Eclipse Forums.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:36 PM

WOW!!! Stangnet since 99, you must be proud of yourself. Never heard of this guy getting a 12.9, but I did hear of Evan Smiths 13.1, which is what everyone talks about. What happened to your Eclipse? I think they miss you over on the Eclipse Forums.
thats cute. its a dd only.

Ive been wrenching on mustangs since 93. between the 2.3s the 3.8s the 5.0s the 4.6s. Hell even wrenched on some 3.3s and some 4.2s. Come back when you have a damn clue what your talking about!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 PM

thats cute. its a dd only.

Ive been wrenching on mustangs since 93. between the 2.3s the 3.8s the 5.0s the 4.6s. Hell even wrenched on some 3.3s and some 4.2s. Come back when you have a damn clue what your talking about!
LOL, because I didnt know there was a guy who ran 12.9 in a stock Mach 1, and he was on Stangnet, I dont have a clue. Nice cute DD!! You tried busting out that the Mach 1 running 12's is very possible, but yet only 1 person in over 6 years has done it. Then I state one little thing and you get all bent out of shape. Wrenching since 93, but been crying about stupid **** since you were born.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 PM

LOL, because I didnt know there was a guy who ran 12.9 in a stock Mach 1, and he was on Stangnet, I dont have a clue. Nice cute DD!! You tried busting out that the Mach 1 running 12's is very possible, but yet only 1 person in over 6 years has done it. Then I state one little thing and you get all bent out of shape. Wrenching since 93, but been crying about stupid **** since you were born.
thats cute. your the one who brought up worthless BS. I proved it was possible. Even Evan Smith confirmed the car at 2800 feet above sea level with a 1.99 or lower 60ft could run a 13 flat or better. Fully stock.

But your again right I mean lets see here...

you said I dont know more than you because youve been on mustang forums for 4 years. Ive only been on them for 10 years.

My point was that the Mach 1 could and has run 12.9s and many owners have gotten 13.1s out of them. Also Evan Smiths 13.1 pass was in a low mileage car while if you were a real mustang fan youd know the 4v's dont really seem to loosen up till around 5,000 miles. Meaning theres more left in the car.

So lets see ive proven my points and all youve brought to the table is a bunch of worthless trolling since you did not disprove what I had said. So what was the point of your above posts?

Thats right there wasnt other than trying to flex your E muscles and apply your Keyboard commando tricks (which failed and I was unimpressed) So you can go ahead and slit your wrists now. Remember down the tracks not across.

Also your a HUGE ALL EVER KNOWING MUSTANG GUY yet you havent heard of Paul Svinicki? Have you even read stuff posted on stangnet or allford or Modularfords or ever even picked up a 5.0 magazine or MM&FF?

Last edited by CordiaDOHC; 11-03-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: server sucks
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Was subscribed to MM&FF from 03 or 04 to 08, and recently started getting 5.0. From the looks of things you seem to be quite abit older than me, and probably have been around Mustangs longer, but that typically isnt the case, especially on a Cobalt forum and owning a Sport Cobalt. Not flexing E-muscles, that's what the real muscles are for, LOL. Sorry I dont cut my wrists, I take gothic and stupid people like that to Jail or the Hospital. Not my style.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Was subscribed to MM&FF from 03 or 04 to 08, and recently started getting 5.0. From the looks of things you seem to be quite abit older than me, and probably have been around Mustangs longer, but that typically isnt the case, especially on a Cobalt forum and owning a Sport Cobalt. Not flexing E-muscles, that's what the real muscles are for, LOL. Sorry I dont cut my wrists, I take gothic and stupid people like that to Jail or the Hospital. Not my style.
Im on here because anything I own I cant not modify it. I got rid of my toys about a year ago but am returning to the hobby most likely in a prepped SCCA SVO mustang.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great vid........mustangs sound awesome.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:13 PM

Im on here because anything I own I cant not modify it. I got rid of my toys about a year ago but am returning to the hobby most likely in a prepped SCCA SVO mustang.
I'm the same way. I've owned a 2.2L Ecotec powered Olds Alero back in the day, and I modded it. The Wife wanted a 2000 Celica GTS, modded it. I got an 01 Mustang GT, modded it, then got the 05 GT, modded it, and now I have the SS/TC Cobalt, and I'm modding it. Looking to get a 5.0 Fox body in a year or 2 though.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 PM

I'm the same way. I've owned a 2.2L Ecotec powered Olds Alero back in the day, and I modded it. The Wife wanted a 2000 Celica GTS, modded it. I got an 01 Mustang GT, modded it, then got the 05 GT, modded it, and now I have the SS/TC Cobalt, and I'm modding it. Looking to get a 5.0 Fox body in a year or 2 though.
If you dont plan on pulling the motor and want to run spray aim for a 91 down 5.0L. they recieved stronger internals if you didnt know. Also the fastest year for the 5.0Ls was 87 but thats a speed density car.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice Kill.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Spins All Day
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, So did psychosteve and BCP. I knew 4 cars with their awesome Datalogged tunes. All 4 blew up within 6 months.
are you sure you not referring to psychosteves tunes? He is the one known for nuking engines around here. He doesn't even own an ecotec to work on. Its not a canned tune when someone tweaks it to get your A2F perfect, and maximise your WHP output. Look at the 1/2 mile leader board. A trifecta tuned car with less mods than I ran a 12.2, I have over 25K miles and been trifecta tuned 10K miles of them. No engine exploding here, and if you know anyone from tucson they will vouch for how fast my car is. If you want I will happily run and molest your car, and video tape it in high quality. I am sure it will give you a much better run than a mustang that isn't even as fast as a stock 05+ GT.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:02 AM

Damn all those cars and nothing even remotely fast.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Premium Member

Notice how there are options to select if you have meth, injector selection. This is also known as CUSTOMIZING YOUR CANNED TUNE.

Oh here he comes here comes sackrider. Notice how this guy thats defending trifecta is also a customer.

Its a good thing your so short man so when you ride vinces nuts your knees don't drag on the ground, makes for easy swinging.

Hijack the thread? This is my thread, you don't like it? Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Or maybe you can back up your mouth by going out and racing something and filming it with something other then a Phone and posting it, Quit talking and act on your big words.

Also just thought I would throw in there that ZZP does have the fastest cars at everything on css.net. you are not defending you canned tune argument well.

dont you drive a cobalt too?

Last edited by drewbroo; 11-04-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 AM

lol you just barely edged out a bolt on mach 1 and your talking ****?

Wow you are still slow get that through your head. All you currently have is a slightly peppy instead of slow high school girls car.
Match ZZPs LNF and I might show you respect even then only if its earned.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

did anyone see the lambo vs cobalt thread..... yeah that was a "canned trifecta tune " too
Old 11-04-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
did anyone see the lambo vs cobalt thread..... yeah that was a "canned trifecta tune " too
he's probably dyno tuned on a mustang dyno
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 AM

sweet kill.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Premium Member

Wow you are still slow get that through your head. All you currently have is a slightly peppy instead of slow high school girls car.
yeah I don't get the big deal since stock SS/TC's can take an 05+ GT from a roll (stock ones) Taking a Mach 1 from a roll is just as big of a feat, and if you are tuned and just did it by one car, either A: you are a shitty driver, B: you have a shitty tune.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 AM

yeah I don't get the big deal since stock SS/TC's can take an 05+ GT from a roll (stock ones) Taking a Mach 1 from a roll is just as big of a feat, and if you are tuned and just did it by one car, either A: you are a shitty driver, B: you have a shitty tune.
Furthermore I dont see a tune on the Mach1 and that wouldve helped it. Hell the tunes on the 05+ make a big difference. An 05+ Gt with no tune full exhaust and intake could actually be slower

A stage 1 cobalt (thats pretty much you "spins all day" which by the way is a lame name) is nothing to be all big and bad about!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 AM

If you dont plan on pulling the motor and want to run spray aim for a 91 down 5.0L. they recieved stronger internals if you didnt know. Also the fastest year for the 5.0Ls was 87 but thats a speed density car.
Not sure if I will pull the motor or not, but I wont spray. Doesnt really matter to me really, aslong as it's between 87 and 93. My Aunt and Uncle have a 93 5.0 that was my Cousins that he built once he bought it brand new, and now they take care of it for him since he passed away. I think it was some 400whp N/A, it's nice. And my Sister had an 89 notch and a 91 hatch aswell. Just something about them I guess.

You pretty much have the same mods my SS/TC has, but you're talking **** about my SS/TC? Doesnt make since to me but ok. I'll run you from a dig in my 05 GT??

Furthermore I dont see a tune on the Mach1 and that wouldve helped it. Hell the tunes on the 05+ make a big difference. An 05+ Gt with no tune full exhaust and intake could actually be slower

A stage 1 cobalt (thats pretty much you "spins all day" which by the way is a lame name) is nothing to be all big and bad about!
I have an SCT tune on my 05 GT, but I still believe there is more in the car with a custom dyno tune. Probably gonna get 4.10 gears soon and possibly cams. Then just gonna ride it out til the 50th Anniversary ones come out in a few years.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 11-04-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM

Also just thought I would throw in there that ZZP does have the fastest cars at everything on css.net. you are not defending you canned tune argument well.

dont you drive a cobalt too?
And do you think ZZP uses a canned tune on their own cars. Its funny cause ZZP's cars are the fastest, yea the ones they own.

The ones they tune from other parts of the country are not even close to being fast.

ZZP Tunes all their cars on a DYNO. ZZP does still offer a canned tune though.

There is a reason why a DYNO tune from ZZP is 350 while a new PCM tune is only 199, Because the dyno tune is better

You guys need to pull your head out your ass.

Cobalt is my DD. You know nothing.

Not sure if I will pull the motor or not, but I wont spray. Doesnt really matter to me really, aslong as it's between 87 and 93. My Aunt and Uncle have a 93 5.0 that was my Cousins that he built once he bought it brand new, and now they take care of it for him since he passed away. I think it was some 400whp N/A, it's nice. And my Sister had an 89 notch and a 91 hatch aswell. Just something about them I guess.

You pretty much have the same mods my SS/TC has, but you're talking **** about my SS/TC? Doesnt make since to me but ok. I'll run you from a dig in my 05 GT??

I have an SCT tune on my 05 GT, but I still believe there is more in the car with a custom dyno tune. Probably gonna get 4.10 gears soon and possibly cams. Then just gonna ride it out til the 50th Anniversary ones come out in a few years.
Sounds slow, Mustang GT's are garbage.

Anytime your ready sweetheart , Hope your making over 600 WHP and weigh around 3300LBs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xc6SGdLMs4

perfect example of mustang trash :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1_PmxPs-Bo

Last edited by Spins All Day; 11-04-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

And do you think ZZP uses a canned tune on their own cars. Its funny cause ZZP's cars are the fastest, yea the ones they own.

The ones they tune from other parts of the country are not even close to being fast.

ZZP Tunes all their cars on a DYNO. ZZP does still offer a canned tune though.

There is a reason why a DYNO tune from ZZP is 350 while a new PCM tune is only 199, Because the dyno tune is better

You guys need to pull your head out your ass.

Cobalt is my DD. You know nothing.

You know you can trifecta tune a car on a dyno right? Vince uses CIA's dyno's. Also I worked at a dynoshop in tampa before I moved here. Dyno tuning is great and all but it does not address traction issues like street tuning does. Pull your head out your ass, and maybe you could see it. The SS is my DD too, my track car is a built twin screw C5 on R- Comps. It suspension is tuned for road course, and has logged over 50 dyno miles, and over 1000 miles around sebring and road atlanta. Dyno tuning I only use to get the A2F ratio managable, street/race tuning (test and tune days), is used to tune the car for how it performs on the asphalt. AKA the real world. Dyno tuning is only effective in racing if you plan on racing on the dyno.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS Turbo vs 04 Mach 1 (Video)