War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS Turbo vs 04 Mach 1 (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drewbroo
You know you can trifecta tune a car on a dyno right? Vince uses CIA's dyno's. Also I worked at a dynoshop in tampa before I moved here. Dyno tuning is great and all but it does not address traction issues like street tuning does. Pull your head out your ass, and maybe you could see it. The SS is my DD too, my track car is a built twin screw C5 on R- Comps. It suspension is tuned for road course, and has logged over 50 dyno miles, and over 1000 miles around sebring and road atlanta. Dyno tuning I only use to get the A2F ratio managable, street/race tuning (test and tune days), is used to tune the car for how it performs on the asphalt. AKA the real world. Dyno tuning is only effective in racing if you plan on racing on the dyno.
Street tuning a high lift cam LSX motor and street tuning a minor bolt on turbo 4 cylinder are completely different. You have to get the mannerisms down of the new setup on the V8 a 300WHP cobalt with a downpipe and 5 extra pounds of boost runs like its stock , all that really needs to be tweaked is WOT.

If you think street tuning is needed on a cobalt with a few mods you are ridiculous.

We are not talking 800WHP cars here, were talking ******* cobalts, ones with 300WHP.

Built twinscrew C5 on R-Comps, Pic or Video or Dynosheet please.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

I can get a pic up when I get off of a gov. computer, but I will PM it to you since it does not pertain to this thread at all. I also built an LS6 miata, with a CTS-V transmission, (which his been posted up on here before too, again if you knew me you would not be trying to E-Thug me. The C5 is sitting in Salina CA in my friends garage in storage. (I will be doing track events at Laguna Seca in the near future.)

And as for a cobalt, street tuning is a must if you like traction. You have to tweak to tq management to get things streetable, and so you can pull all the whp to the ground.

And the C5 is only at 558whp/502ftlbs right now with 7 lbs of boost. (detuned) It seems to be the most reliable and drivable hp level for the car.

Last edited by drewbroo; 11-04-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Spins All Day

Cobalt is my DD. You know nothing.
Oh do enlighten me God of all that is Automotive.

And if its your dd why did you just risk your warranty by tuning it? Sounds pretty stupid if its only your DD. Most of the people here these cars are their only means of transportation so it makes a bit more sense. But with you having this as your dd then thats kind of stupid. Small mods that gm cant find out about are one thing.

Oh and what dyno did you have your GOD of all tunes done on?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC
Oh do enlighten me God of all that is Automotive.

And if its your dd why did you just risk your warranty by tuning it? Sounds pretty stupid if its only your DD. Most of the people here these cars are their only means of transportation so it makes a bit more sense. But with you having this as your dd then thats kind of stupid. Small mods that gm cant find out about are one thing.

Oh and what dyno did you have your GOD of all tunes done on?
Seriously dude stfu already its like ur the css.net **** trying to split hairs on every thread and post, my ss/tc is a dd also,who cares its running safe and I know nothing major will happen to it with the mods I have. No on claimed their ss/tc is a GOD of all cars, you always take **** out of context and twist ur own logic into it, its like you're trolling just to talk ****, every thread I go on to I see you picking an argument with a different person.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS
Seriously dude stfu already its like ur the css.net **** trying to split hairs on every thread and post, my ss/tc is a dd also,who cares its running safe and I know nothing major will happen to it with the mods I have. No on claimed their ss/tc is a GOD of all cars, you always take **** out of context and twist ur own logic into it, its like you're trolling just to talk ****, every thread I go on to I see you picking an argument with a different person.
you again? nothing better to do?

And I only respond to **** talking I dont start it. Look at the thread. Now however your post was nothing but a trolls response. So Pot meet kettle! You two play nice now!

Onto spins all day do tell me why this dyno tuned car is so much better than a trifecta tune? What kind of dyno were you tuned on? A dynojet?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 AM

you again? nothing better to do?

And I only respond to **** talking I dont start it. Look at the thread. Now however your post was nothing but a trolls response. So Pot meet kettle! You two play nice now!

Onto spins all day do tell me why this dyno tuned car is so much better than a trifecta tune? What kind of dyno were you tuned on? A dynojet?
just stfu and show some respect to people. wtf do you have against ss/tc's? You always make it seem like we the owners think their God cars, your almight this and that, it almost seems like someone is jelous hmm, can it be? Don't write back if ur gonna come up with some witty remarks that you think are cute.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 AM

just stfu and show some respect to people. wtf do you have against ss/tc's? You always make it seem like we the owners think their God cars, your almight this and that, it almost seems like someone is jelous hmm, can it be? Don't write back if ur gonna come up with some witty remarks that you think are cute.
Dont you have some crying in a corner to do?

And honestly your talking down to everyone about that they shouldnt mod a non ss/tc that they should just buy the ss/tc. And in order to get respect you have to show it. As you went after me first I have zero respect for you and think your a punkass lil douchbag that would cry and cower if he was ever actually stepped up on. As far as the jealous comment sorry neither you nor spins have even broke mid 300hp to the wheels. Some come back when your car grows a pair. With that said im still waiting on a response from Spins as to why he thinks his tune is so much better. Now go off and cry some where lil kid.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 AM

Buddy all I need is a retune and Ill make 330whp with my mods. Do tell me tho how far are you planning to get on ur 2008 Victory Red Cobalt Sport- Injen Cai - Jet Stage II - Tint? OMG jet staged 2 Gee golly im gonna step down because you will obviously spank me with your mods since im not at 300 @ the wheels. Plenty of people on css are pushing over 300whp without any major problems, whether street tuned or can tuned.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually DO have a better tune. Hehe
Old 11-05-2009, 01:19 AM

Buddy all I need is a retune and Ill make 330whp with my mods. Do tell me tho how far are you planning to get on ur 2008 Victory Red Cobalt Sport- Injen Cai - Jet Stage II - Tint? OMG jet staged 2 Gee golly im gonna step down because you will obviously spank me with your mods since im not at 300 @ the wheels. Plenty of people on css are pushing over 300whp without any major problems, whether street tuned or can tuned.
lol can you not read? Its a DAILY DRIVER *******. Which means I have something nicer and faster. And OMG 330WHP WHAT SHALL I EVER DO? jesus... come back and talk **** when your over 400whp. 330whp and I can pull a plug wire and drop the boost down to 4psi and not even stall it out to beat you... by the way please god get rid of the ricer blowoff valve and just recirculate that thing already. I dont need to know everytime you shift.

Originally Posted by Rissa
I actually DO have a better tune. Hehe
Rissa thats fine I just want to know why Spins all day thinks its better if he can offer a valid point I will back off.

Last edited by CordiaDOHC; 11-05-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread has turned into a pissing match
Old 11-05-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hugger1975
this thread has turned into a pissing match
I can **** farther ******* and if you dont like it we can do pushups instead jk
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM

now race that mustang from a dig.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:47 PM

oh hells no!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hugger1975
oh hells no!!!!!!

Bring your pushrod into this and shut these mod motor bitches up.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
Bring your pushrod into this and shut these mod motor bitches up.
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOeIwQR90U
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 PM

So what is your other car? You have your dd listed but not your race car.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
nice kill, great filming, and i agree on dyno tunes > canned tunes.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Spins All Day
And do you think ZZP uses a canned tune on their own cars. Its funny cause ZZP's cars are the fastest, yea the ones they own.

The ones they tune from other parts of the country are not even close to being fast.

ZZP Tunes all their cars on a DYNO. ZZP does still offer a canned tune though.

There is a reason why a DYNO tune from ZZP is 350 while a new PCM tune is only 199, Because the dyno tune is better

You guys need to pull your head out your ass.

Cobalt is my DD. You know nothing.

Sounds slow, Mustang GT's are garbage.

Anytime your ready sweetheart , Hope your making over 600 WHP and weigh around 3300LBs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xc6SGdLMs4

perfect example of mustang trash :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1_PmxPs-Bo
I bought my cars because they're reliable, and are good DD's, and make enough power to keep me happy. If I wanted to I could go buy, or build me a f*cking car that would eat your GTO alive, but am I just to make you happy, ummm, NO!! You're just a **** talking little bitch because you have a fast car. Who cares!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Those cars are quick but not fast.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chandler
Those cars are quick but not fast.
Im sure the OP would agree....the Cobalt is his DD...he also has a 600rwhp GTO
Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So many vince nut swinging ******* hippies makes me wanna puke

Vince who the hell is Vince tri what fecta who ?

Not a real tuner .. 4 hours of data logging LOL wow big deal
Old 11-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo

How long do you have into your termitune. He had my car on a dyno for an hour. (fortunately it was at the dyno shop I worked at in tampa.) Call proven power in tampa, and they will tell you how impressed they were with his results. Don't make me bust out the dyno sheets. (I already have they are in the superchips thread.)

So termitune, big ******* deal. All it is, is a modified hp tune map from 1badblueberry. Hardly anything original. You know nothing about tuning, go to your corner. (one bad has mod dynotime in his tune than about anyone on there, just as much time as vince has in his LNF tunes.)

and also I had terminator himself tune my car..... I have done his tune, the superchips tune, and the trifecta tune. What have you done?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
So what is your other car? You have your dd listed but not your race car.
simple bolt on Ls1 and even a lowly 98 LS1 auto at that doesnt and hasnt even been sprayed.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo

Not a real tuner, yet his tunes make just as much power as everyone elses tunes, if not more.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS Turbo vs 04 Mach 1 (Video)