War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt ss turboed vs. slp ss camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt ss turboed vs. slp ss camaro

I'm back i used to have a 2.4L supercharged balt that I totalled. But just yesterday I was driving my slp 2002 camaro and my camaro is no joke, ive run a 12.59 at capitol raceway, and this turboed silver turbo cobalt comes up and reved his motor and i heard the blow off valve so i got excited. i reved back and the light turned green and i got an early lead on him out of the holeshot. but he kept creaping up and it wasnt till about 110 that he started falling behind. I had no idea that cobalts were that fast. Mine wasnt that fast and it had around 220-240fwhp.what would make a cobalt go that fast???
Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vetteman99
I'm back i used to have a 2.4L supercharged balt that I totalled. But just yesterday I was driving my slp 2002 camaro and my camaro is no joke, ive run a 12.59 at capitol raceway, and this turboed silver turbo cobalt comes up and reved his motor and i heard the blow off valve so i got excited. i reved back and the light turned green and i got an early lead on him out of the holeshot. but he kept creaping up and it wasnt till about 110 that he started falling behind. I had no idea that cobalts were that fast. Mine wasnt that fast and it had around 220-240fwhp.what would make a cobalt go that fast???

A turbo

I walked a stage 2 08 WRX STI from a roll yesterday he was in disbelief too. they are just light cars with lots of trq with good gearing. The Direct injection helps with efficiency too so a lot of stuff adds up fast ... I remember pulling on a camaro as the homo passenger is waving bye like his home boys car was SOOO fast my balt was creeping on him every second of the way. That was a Z28 with a Cam , bolt ons , manual ls1 , I only had a crappy tune with no mods at the time too.. lol not that the balts are gods car but they are pretty cheap fun economy cars to mess with gas guzzelers especially. Its fun to play with v8's

I also ran into a Porsche Carrera 4s some guy had just bought .... I pulled on that car hard man ... I second guessed my self though because I figured he was new to the car and didn't know how to drive it but It was from a 20 MPH pull I was on his bumper BEHIND him by 85 MPH I was passing him LOL fun stuff
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM

oh yeah i heard cobalts were sick from a roll he would of walked me if i was going from a roll. my car is set up for digs and im trying to hit 11s right now im going with a ms4 cam swap soon so hopefully me and the balt meet up again and he has more **** done next time :-) then we can have a race
Old 10-27-2009, 01:35 PM

oh yeah i heard cobalts were sick from a roll he would of walked me if i was going from a roll. my car is set up for digs and im trying to hit 11s right now im going with a ms4 cam swap soon so hopefully me and the balt meet up again and he has more **** done next time :-) then we can have a race
I mean the porsche specs are

Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,252

355 HP SAE @ 6,600 rpm; 295 ft lb

only 300 Lbs trq and costs $81,880 new thats an 03 price LOL

I am not sure if it was the older model though cuz they are even slower
Hp @ rpm 315 @ 6800
Torque @ rpm 273 @ 4250

Thats the older model but they look almost 100% the same allthough the one I raced looked BRAND new and had brand new dealer tags on it so I am guessing it was new ? Who knows Porsche owners respectively keep their cars clean so it could have been the pre 09 models

I guesstimate my car at this altitude is putting down around 300 HP 325 Lbs trq and it weighs around 3000 lbs and costs 23k + its my Daily Driver fun stuff
Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 PM

if you were located any closer id ask for a race cause i belive with the mods you have you would pull on my camaro
Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM

if you were located any closer id ask for a race cause i belive with the mods you have you would pull on my camaro
unfortunately I live in a place that has a lot of poverty and out of the 175K people around here we only have about 500 cars around here that are worthy of even smashing the gas for .. It is very rare for me to come across cars like your camaro who actually are down with it .. After you said you got excited I LOL' because I know the feeling .. Not that I am driving around everyday looking for street races but damn not a whole lot to choose from here .. People just don't take pride in their cars around here its either all trash ghetto whips or super modified supras evos srt's Sti's brand new camaros ( who these people are so affraid to drive around here because everyone gawks at them about hitting telephone poles because they havent seen much .. few cobras around and some shelbys

one guy has a green bullet mustang I never even heard of em till I looked it up so..

Its either a rust bucket or full blown set ups here no middle class ... I just take the oppertunity if it comes my direction lol

I mean you will drive around seeing nothing but rust buckets then you will see ferraris zr1's lambos .. I mean it is possibly the weirdest place I have ever seen as far as cars are concerned .. we gotta drap strip here and I think most people are into bracket racing here .... I am not into that style it just doesn't float my boat..
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM

Im in MD putting down around 300whp 360 ft lbs ill meet ya for some runs

my mods are, airbox mod, zzp downpipe, and hp tuned by byt turbo ss,

Last edited by 09whteSSpssssh; 10-27-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Premium Member

Whats done to your SS Camaro vetteman? cmiller has gone 12.2 IIRC without a huge mod list . The Turbalt's are fun but will always have that.... wrong wheel drive thingie.... hanging over their head.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by princessturbo
i remember pulling on a camaro as the homo passenger is waving bye like his home boys car was sooo fast my balt was creeping on him every second of the way. That was a z28 with a cam , bolt ons , manual ls1 , i only had a crappy tune with no mods at the time too..
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhaha
Old 10-28-2009, 01:06 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo
I mean the porsche specs are

Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,252

355 HP SAE @ 6,600 rpm; 295 ft lb

only 300 Lbs trq and costs $81,880 new thats an 03 price LOL

I am not sure if it was the older model though cuz they are even slower
Hp @ rpm 315 @ 6800
Torque @ rpm 273 @ 4250

Thats the older model but they look almost 100% the same allthough the one I raced looked BRAND new and had brand new dealer tags on it so I am guessing it was new ? Who knows Porsche owners respectively keep their cars clean so it could have been the pre 09 models

I guesstimate my car at this altitude is putting down around 300 HP 325 Lbs trq and it weighs around 3000 lbs and costs 23k + its my Daily Driver fun stuff
It was new and shifting at 4k.

Yeah, good kill. (-%

tino
Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A turbo

That was a Z28 with a Cam , bolt ons , manual ls1 , I only had a crappy tune with no mods at the time too.. lol not that the balts are gods car but they are pretty cheap fun economy cars to mess with gas guzzelers especially. Its fun to play with v8's

sorry, but you didn't pull on a cam+bolt on ls1, nope, didn't happen. especially not a manual one.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 AM

Nothing else to do but laugh at the cammed LS1 and Carrera 4S post, keep dreaming...

What have you got done? You mentioned putting in a cam, are you just full bolt ons right now?

Sounds like you ran into a bolted/tuned TC as they can run in upwards of 115 traps. Only thing is though like your race stated they are strong under a 100, but compared to a large displacement V8 above a 100 the economy car gearing and small engine just can't hang way up top.

Good run though!

Tyler
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
economy car gearing
yea, what is it with people saying these cars have great gearing? It's not great for racing at all. It's very long gearing.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

So you trapped 116mph in your Camaro, without a cam? And you're getting pulled on by Cobalts?
Me thinks you trapped more like 106.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by soltino
It was new and shifting at 4k.

Yeah, good kill. (-%

tino
Look at the specs and realize that Princess has one hell of a tune from Terminator2. If those are the Porsche specs then I could see Princess walking that Porsche like it was standing still.

Originally Posted by ralliartist
sorry, but you didn't pull on a cam+bolt on ls1, nope, didn't happen. especially not a manual one.
I'll have to agree here though, I don't think ANY 08+ Cobalt SS is going to pull on a LS1 with a half ass tune. I only pulled 2-3 cars on a bolted LS1 GTO when I had a tune, IC, DP. Keep in mind that the GTO's are a good deal heavier then the Camaro's iirc (V8's aren't my knowledge area.)
Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shibito
Look at the specs and realize that Princess has one hell of a tune from Terminator2. If those are the Porsche specs then I could see Princess walking that Porsche like it was standing still.

I'll have to agree here though, I don't think ANY 08+ Cobalt SS is going to pull on a LS1 with a half ass tune. I only pulled 2-3 cars on a bolted LS1 GTO when I had a tune, IC, DP. Keep in mind that the GTO's are a good deal heavier then the Camaro's iirc (V8's aren't my knowledge area.)
0-300lbs depending on which Fbody it is.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
0-300lbs depending on which Fbody it is.
Ahhh, thanks for the input.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito

it's not even about the tune(though that usually makes a huge difference). It's the fact that it was a Cam+bolt on LS1. No way an LNF car pulled that with just a couple bolt ons and a tune.

I would think the one he/she claims to have ran didn't really have a cam. Probably just claimed it and didn't know what they were talking about.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 PM

it's not even about the tune(though that usually makes a huge difference). It's the fact that it was a Cam+bolt on LS1. No way an LNF car pulled that with just a couple bolt ons and a tune.

I would think the one he/she claims to have ran didn't really have a cam. Probably just claimed it and didn't know what they were talking about.
That's always possible, never really know what some one has done to their cars nowadays. After races I always get people with absolute shock on their face when I tell them I have less then 1k put into my car that costs under 30k MSRP.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 PM

To the untrained ear a miss fire and a cam could probably be conceived as the same thing... Just a thought.

Still want to know the mods on the OP's car. It is either a very strong running bolt on Camaro or a mild mannered Cam only car (with supporting mods of course).

Tyler
Old 10-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

12.60's with bolt on's is a strong Fbody....... OR a set of 373's.... 4.10's and slicks would help .
Old 10-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
Nothing else to do but laugh at the cammed LS1 and Carrera 4S post, keep dreaming...

What have you got done? You mentioned putting in a cam, are you just full bolt ons right now?

Sounds like you ran into a bolted/tuned TC as they can run in upwards of 115 traps. Only thing is though like your race stated they are strong under a 100, but compared to a large displacement V8 above a 100 the economy car gearing and small engine just can't hang way up top.

Good run though!

Tyler

Wow idiots really have no idea how much Naturally aspirated engines suffer at

high altitude , do your selves a favor and try doing a GOOGLE search say it with me now

GOO GULL Like SEA-GULL but with Gew in front .

Whats funny is I never said I beat the camaro as we didnt have enough highway to run em out right I said he gunned it and a started to pull on him .. ******* people here wow Cant stand half these know it all's

That **** I quoted in bold should have made me just not even bother to post especially a manual one LOL . Little bois are funny

amx - Glad you had a good laugh my dream is a reality too bad so sad .... I laid out the specs of the 4s for you , if you want I can teach you some math too just send me a PM

If you really want to talk some **** one of my latest suprises was one of these I didn't even know what the **** it was till I looked it up after getting home

ROUSH 427R Mustang

http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

My car is neck and neck with this bitch ... The balt may have been a TAD slower but from what I could tell it wasn't that fast , we never had a whole lot of room to play so you talk some **** on your NO WAY this and that nonsense I don't ******* lie I have had my doors somked by some Supras and vettes srt4's around here so I am not just some ******* BS'er looking to make the cobalt look good , I make comments based on actual events I am not just some doubter on here who thinks they "know" how fast a car is and what it can beat and what it can't just by looking up 1/4th mile times and comparing stupid ass 1/4th ETA's and trap speeds based on wikipedia and youtube videos . Last time I checked a street isn't a drag strip . Last time I checked both of you live at sealevel too .... Naysayers talkin **** just because they think they know it all, fact is they really do not know ****, and I will not be hesitant to show how stupid some of you people are looking ...

Last edited by PrincessTurbo; 10-28-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 PM

Wow idiots really have no idea how much Naturally aspirated engines suffer at

high altitude , do your selves a favor and try doing a GOOGLE search say it with me now

GOO GULL Like SEA-GULL but with Gew in front .

Whats funny is I never said I beat the camaro as we didnt have enough highway to run em out right I said he gunned it and a started to pull on him .. ******* people here wow Cant stand half these know it all's

That **** I quoted in bold should have made me just not even bother to post especially a manual one LOL . Little bois are funny

amx - Glad you had a good laugh my dream is a reality too bad so sad .... I laid out the specs of the 4s for you , if you want I can teach you some math too just send me a PM

If you really want to talk some **** one of my latest suprises was one of these I didn't even know what the **** it was till I looked it up after getting home

ROUSH 427R Mustang

http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

My car is neck and neck with this bitch ... The balt may have been a TAD slower but from what I could tell it wasn't that fast , we never had a whole lot of room to play so you talk some **** on your NO WAY this and that nonsense I don't ******* lie I have had my doors somked by some Supras and vettes srt4's around here so I am not just some ******* BS'er looking to make the cobalt look good , I make comments based on actual events I am not just some doubter on here who thinks they "know" how fast a car is and what it can beat and what it can't just by looking up 1/4th mile times and comparing stupid ass 1/4th ETA's and trap speeds based on wikipedia and youtube videos . Last time I checked a street isn't a drag strip . Last time I checked both of you live at sealevel too .... Naysayers talkin **** just because they think they know it all, fact is they really do not know ****, and I will not be hesitant to show how stupid some of you people are looking ...
So by posting that video you pretty much just proved you are unable to pull a cammed ls1 fbody. Because that car is no where near a cammed ls1 fbody. Thanks for proving the point.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:18 PM

i have not been here a day.
did i miss something?

is this thread for real?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=Vetteman99;4409271] my camaro is no joke, ive run a 12.59 at capitol raceway, ]

$20 says it had a cam.....because it was running! lame i know but had to add it lol

Originally Posted by rukkee
12.60's with bolt on's is a strong Fbody.......
Or it's average for an LS1. I pulled off a few 12.90s in a bolt on, stalled LT1.

Originally Posted by IslangD
So by posting that video you pretty much just proved you are unable to pull a cammed ls1 fbody. Because that car is no where near a cammed ls1 fbody. Thanks for proving the point.
Word. Even a baby cam like a 224 will take an M6 Camaro to low 12s, even better in a stalled a4. And take a look at the Vindicator and Texas Giant cams that are making 425 to 450whp on stock heads and pulling 10s. Those run mid 12s.

Last edited by supernova1972; 10-28-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Cobalt ss turboed vs. slp ss camaro