War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

First Blood...Sort Of?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Blood...Sort Of?

Alright, so you are probably all wondering whats with the name...Here's the story, I have had my little LaserElectric Blue 07 Cobalt LS for about a month now. I have been aching for a good race, sadly, I have found next to NOTHING. With the exception of a few minor kills, I haven't seen much action...Stock Neon here, Civic there...Nothing special. Now I haven't done ANY mods to it at all yet, (looking to the exhaust, air intake/manifold GMPP kits). Finally, I thought I found my fix; so my fiance picks me up from work at the mall, and I roll up to the light on my way home...All of a sudden, I hear this deep ass rumble, and look over to find an old late 60's early 70's model pickup pull up next to me. Because of the area I live in, and the way that truck sounded, obviously a "hot rod". Most likely the 350...(Looked like crap, but sounded pretty hard...Deep exhaust GROWL, and rumble from the enging.) Judging from the look of the kids inside, mommy and daddy REALLY love him. So we are at the light, and it goes green, we have a sharp turn onto the highway, so I give it some gas and slide it a little...You know, a little tire spin to let him know it's on. I got their attention alright. The ******* pull up laughing at me like "Oh yeah, you think your little 4 banger can take on MY muscle truck?!" (Typical rodder attitude). So we are sitting there, them laughing the whole damn time. Finally I see their truck lurch a bit, letting me know they are thinking of eating some new blood. **** that! The light turns green, I hear the overly large engine growl, and rev up, and wam...I am gone. My little car took off the line SO FAST, by the time my car hit second they two cars back...I hit 3rd in time to run into traffic, and let off. As soon as they saw my car sprint off, the let it go. Then, knowing they got beat, they roll up and laugh as if they didn't even try...You know, the usual hot rod that lost excuse "Oh, we just wanted to watch you PRETEND we could beat you", "We weren't trying". So, two preppy guys, and a preppy bitch turn off of the highway laughing. My pulse is up, and I KNOW the truth. I worked with hot rods, and that engines sounds wasn't just normal rev, they WERE going for it. God bless fuel injection, and little cars. Carburation really can be a weekness. Those older engines just didn't have the same flow as these new ones. Yeah, he was prolly pushing around 300-350 hp, but he also weighed like 3X my car, and doesn't have the advantage of fuel injection, and random other **** i don't want to list. So yeah, I don't know if it's a WORTHY kill, but it must count for something?

CLIFFS: STOCK LS BEATS HOD RODDED LATE MODEL PICKUP. (60'S OR 70'S). PREPPY BITCHES CRY. (YES TWO OF THE THREE WERE GUYS). IS THIS A WORTHY KILL?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 PM

Good kill.

Random--Last night I destroyed a Civic with '200hp' by the end of 1st.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cirrus
Good kill.

Random--Last night I destroyed a Civic with '200hp' by the end of 1st.
it's easy to get civics to 200HP. CAI, fart cannon and new spark plugs and you're golden!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by nanaki
it's easy to get civics to 200HP. CAI, fart cannon and new spark plugs and you're golden!
Haha! I never get tired of that term; fart canon! LOL! HAHAHA!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Wow, you beat a truck ... yay ...... ummm good kill..... I guess.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by poundz9oh9
Thats what I was saying...No need for sarcasm...I was asking whether it was even worth putting up. Like I said, it was pretty hot for a truck (not looks, engine). You know, those hardcore hot rod trucks? Well, like I said, wasn't much of a kill anyway. More of a masacre. Just thought I'd put it up.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:24 PM

Not to be an ass. But what makes you think it had that great of a motor?

You can slap some flowmasters on a 60-70's era OLD worn out SBC and make it sound like a raped ape. Just my .02

Don't take me too seriously, I'm probably just tired of reading all the "kill" stories on here knowing that probably 90% are made up or embelished on a little bit.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by poundz9oh9
man , my ss/sc got raped by an SS pickup
Old 03-10-2007, 05:43 PM

my guess is that he couldve completely whooped your ass if he wanted to. my guess is that he didnt try. my guess is that his car does not weight upwards of 9,000 lbs. your little 4-banger is a high 15 second car at best so...my guess is if he has a built engine under that hood...even around 350 ponies...he would whoop you.

but who knows?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Banned

actualy, ive raced 300+hp trucks and won. and my SS sedan Auto is stock.

As for the kill, yes its worthy. Why? They tried did they not?

Was it a 300+hp truck? Maybe. Does it matter? No.

Did you win fair and square? yes.

Good job.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:53 PM

I raced a garbage truck once...them suckers must have some ponies under the hood.

I pwned him.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:03 PM

oh yeah? this one time i was at a light and some ****** in his LAME ass million dollar enzo ferrari pulled up next to me. Anyway the light turned green and i ****** smoked his piece of **** italian car. haha right? yeah.. no more fake kills guys it is pretty damn lame
Old 03-10-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sk8freak_21
man , my ss/sc got raped by an SS pickup
apples/oranges........
Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Wow, some of you guys are pretty harsh?! The reason I THOUGHT it MIGHT be runnin' alright, is based on the fact I have worked around quite a few nice trucks in my life. ****, my relatives LOVE hot rods, and most have at least one. SO I'd recognize a nice engine if I saw it. It SOUNDED pretty nice. Maybe it WAS just a nice exhaust. Anywho, this is NOT an embellished or made up story. If I was making one up, I would have beat some of your asses in the middle of the rain, in my stock LS against your SS's! HAHAH!. Anyway, thanks to some of you, and to the rest...Lay off. I put up the only freakin race I have gotten into AT ALL, so I did, my best, and won. Plain and simple. Also, regardless of the horses, (unless it IS some huge number), there is other factors that apply.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:08 PM

We're all just messing laser, no worries.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:21 PM

wow.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Alright, just checkin'. No, I can see where you are coming from too. I know there has been a LOT of bs stories on here. Don't worry, this is true, AND like I said...I don't know if the truck WAS as good as it sounded, and if it was, I don't know if he tried. I THOUGHT he was...But, hey, who knows. Anywho, a good race I am trying to set up, is actually with my family?!

Mom (she will, old school racer) - 2006 Chevy HHR 2.2L ECOTEC 148 hp, (140 lbft torque?)(stock)
Brother (he wants to kill my car) - 2003 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L ECOTEC 142 bhp, (140lbft torque?) w: Cold Airintake,KN filters, chrome headers, unknown exhaust system...(Horse Power? I am guessing around 160+? Same for torque).
Myself - 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS 2.2L ECOTEC 148 hp (140lbft torque?) (stock)

So what do you guys think? I am thinking it will be a pretty good race? My brother "knows" he will win...Is it probably true, my little brother has SOME performance parts on his Cavalier...We might wait until ALL of is are equally modded, just for the sake of testing skill AND design. Give me some advice, fix some of the specs (I couldn't remember them all), and just tell me what you think.

Sorry for blowing up on some of you guys, I understand you were just playin'. I flipped, because I was already nervous about putting that story up, it wasn't MUCh of a kill, but hey?

Just to show my families love of Chevy AND performance

Dad - 2007 (New Body Style) GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4X4 350 ci engine w/ 345-350 hp, 345 lbft torque
Grandpa - 2003 Chevy S10 4.5l Supercharged, w/ 192 hp, ABOUT 200 lbft torque, sports rear sway bars/supsension
Uncle - 2004 Chevy 1500 w/ 350+ hp, 350+ lbft torque, chipped, airintake upgrades, killer exhaust system, and manifolds
Uncle #2 (shitty fords) LOL! - 2003 Ford Mustang GT, w/ 350+ hp, 350+lbft torque, chipped, exhaust systems/manifolds, air intake, supercharged.

Performance runs in the blood.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nanaki