War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

A Fun Race With A Good Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Fun Race With A Good Sport

Yes it's true. There can still be races against different car owners that don't result in bitterness and immaturity. It was so refreshing to experience. When was the last time you got some good old mutual respect tossed your way from a humble car enthusiast? Man, it really felt good.

Story:
4am, went for a cruise after a night shift. Spotted a black Honda S2000 with the driver and his lady getting into the car. I playfully drove by with a little half throttle turbo spool and let off combo After a few minutes they calmly caught up and followed me onto the highway.

4 lanes of almost nothing up ahead but I played it cautious anyway. Eased passed traffic without any silliness and so did he. We exchanged genuine smiles of recognition. I do enjoy the look of the S2000. Quite low to the ground and cool in my opinion. His soft top was down and his girls hair was flailing wildly. Looked like she knew what was about to happen and had a look of intrigue and excitement on her face.

I shifted to 4th and gave a little half throttle sign of readiness. We lined up and he showed me three fantastic fingers which reassured me there was a good chance he'd done this before. I put it in 3rd and awaited the honks. I heard him downshift and I got that warm fuzzy feeling. The 3 honks came and we had open road in front of us. From about 100km/h we got a clean start and I immediately started to gain ground. By the top of 3rd I had about 3 car lengths on him. Went to 4th and put another car on him, then shut it down. I slowed down, he caught up and gave me thumbs up. I returned the gesture.

We repeated the same race 2 more times with the exact same results. There was a smile on his face, a smile on his lady's face, and one on mine too. I waved goodbye to them, got the same reply, and I started on my way back home. What a great night.

Crib notes:
-Very cool S2000 owner + his gf vs ss/tc. ss/tc is stock, S2000 was presumably stock.
-Race from 100km/h through my 3rd gear and a couple seconds of 4th.
-I was ahead by about 4 car lengths
-Mutual respect exchanged.
-Sweet
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 AM

nice work! had some stupid kid in a base model saturn Ion try and race me onto the highway the other night up a two lane on ramp. I just blew by him up to the 100 kph speed limit and set the cruse. when he did his stupid full throttle fly by when he finally caught up he was giving me the finger and his girl friend was losing her mind at him and trying to make him put his bird flipping arm down! I just smiled and waived. you rarely find a good sport on the streets
Old 08-16-2009, 12:57 PM

No matter what Honda guys try to tell me about the S2000 I still think racing they are very weak. Its a nice looking car and handles like a DREAM, but I was never impressed by them, even supercharged. Nice kill MARIN007!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Grow up you homo, take it to the track!

The war on rice begins!

Last edited by ninja44; 08-16-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost