War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Got charged with Street Racing last Nite!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got charged with Street Racing last Nite!

well as the title says last nite i was out at a car show, with my friends having a good time when i hear someone talking about my car. v8 2late is on my license plate. i heard him saying oh these are 15 second cars from the factory blah blah. he shouldnt have that plate and oh he has a k&N sticker on his window thats good for 20whp. So finally i surcame to the **** talking and said what the hell are you driving. one older man who was a tech like me said a Ls1 z28 camaro and another guy had like a 3rd Gen tune port injection corvette. now im not usually one to race on the street always go up to richmond dragway but like i said they were talking **** and i made a decision thats probably gonna cost me big time. we got on 64 the interstate and did like a 40 roll. i murdered both cars quickly and slowed down. No sooner than i slowed back down to the speed limit my radar detector started going off. i was like man that was close time to go back to the show. turned around heading back and my boy sean with a built Cobra gets beside me. all we did was mess around we didnt run or 3 honk beep Wasnt even really racing and all of a sudden unmarked impala shows up out of the middle of nowhere lights flashing. it was a state trooper he came up and was like your cars are gone were gonna impound them. plus i had my gun in the dash (i have my cwp) but it was a BAD nite. luckily he didnt take our cars because he found out and seen my state inspection license. But i got a wreckless driving (Racing) ticket. i should have never done it and now im gonna loose my license with that my inspection license, and my job im an ASE tech and you mechanics know you dont have a license you cant drive customers cars. sorry for the long story but i dont know what to do car is going up for sale and im probably out of a job. so for all you guys out there that street race let this be a warning YOU WILL GET CAUGHT!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bummer man how long do they take your license
Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 PM

at least you just got writen up. here in california you get caught street racing, kiss your car good bye to the crusher
Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 PM

sucks for you?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Not that I haven't done it myself on Labor Day Weekend... but it's not a good time to be doing it.

I know that all levels of law enforcement are out EVERYWHERE in my area.

I got pulled over for speeding on Friday but he cut me a break.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:43 PM

**** tha po-lice!~
Old 08-31-2008, 03:44 PM

no pity from me.. got what you deserve
Old 08-31-2008, 03:46 PM

agreed.

street racing is retarded.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

you 'murdered' an ls1?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by El Mariachi
at least you just got writen up. here in california you get caught street racing, kiss your car good bye to the crusher
i think thats a bad idea man. u know how many more cars will try and evade the cops now once they hit the lights. or atleast in my opinion they would. hell i would have 2 think twice about it
Old 08-31-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tREBs
no pity from me.. got what you deserve
Yep. Pretty much.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:25 PM

asnt asking for pitty from you i was stating what happened and yeah they could have tool my car but he knew me unfortunately its all who you know. and yes they can crush your car here too. and yes MURDERED THE LS1 AND THE VETTE
Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Altiery54
i think thats a bad idea man. u know how many more cars will try and evade the cops now once they hit the lights. or atleast in my opinion they would. hell i would have 2 think twice about it
its been like that for a couple years bro. street racing has dropped dramatically here. most meets are organized, there aren't a whole lot of hang out spots because those were generally a lot of guys that never went to the track, and eventually got cot or had friends that lost their car's to the crusher.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM

yeah just wanted to let people know what happened sux man and im never one to street race i always to to the track but the **** talking got the best of me
Old 08-31-2008, 04:36 PM

ooo snap

**** happens. you learn and move on. dont let it get you down. i lost my lisends from 16-18 and it blew ***** but you find ways around it. get a probationary or just not get cought.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:37 PM

holy..****.....im NEVER street racing again. i had no idea your car goes to the chrusher....
Old 08-31-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ilovecars
holy..****.....im NEVER street racing again. i had no idea your car goes to the chrusher....
LOL its here in california where they do that if your caught. I dont know about other states. I think most other states are more leaniant
Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 PM

I admit I do some street racing. However after beating a 300C I look down to see Im doin bout 110 in the dead of night. I look up to see a cop heading straight towards us on the other side of the road. I left off the gas and turned off overdrive to engine brake. But man it was close, after that I gave it up.

Im a ASE tech also. If I cant test drive cars I cant diagnose half of them that come in cause they are usually driving problems. Id be Fucked too.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:42 PM

it depends on the state and laws but its not a good idea. i know when i was younger 16-18 i had a built iroc and lost mine but im 25 now and like i said dont street race he looked out for me some by not taking my car and he should have took me to jail but he didnt have me on radar and tried saying he had me on video but he wasnt near us till we slowed back down to about 65 and i had boys all around that didnt see he my supervising trooper is gonna try n help me out. alot of people said if he had solid proof he would have took our cars so im starting to wonder and im getting a laywer he was no where around
Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 PM

LOL its here in california where they do that if your caught. I dont know about other states. I think most other states are more leaniant
ultill i find out im not doing it. and even then its still not something i pride my self on doing. i never race past the limit.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
I admit I do some street racing. However after beating a 300C I look down to see Im doin bout 110 in the dead of night. I look up to see a cop heading straight towards us on the other side of the road. I left off the gas and turned off overdrive to engine brake. But man it was close, after that I gave it up.

Im a ASE tech also. If I cant test drive cars I cant diagnose half of them that come in cause they are usually driving problems. Id be Fucked too.

yeah man the only good thing i have in my favor is i used to be a store manager up front so if i do loose it then i can be a service advisor for the time being but i dnt think i could test drive drivabilty issues on a restricted license
Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 PM

I remember I nearly lost my car...I was having the worst time in my life and I was going 100 down a 55 at two in the morning cause I was just so pissed and out of controll. A cop came behind me and I slowed down and pulled over, all i can think was "this is it, im losing my car" He comes up and does his usual cop routine and then asks me why i was speeding, i told him everything and he didn't write me up or anything. He told me I should have had a heavy ticket, my license suspended, and my car taken away, but he was cool and at the end of it all he asked me all kinds of questions about my car and he tells me that he was really impressed with it and we both laughed about it in the end...I got lucky, but I could have had a jerk cop that night that would not have been so forgiving...ever since then I Never Speed over the limit.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:02 PM

ultill i find out im not doing it. and even then its still not something i pride my self on doing. i never race past the limit.
it doesnt matter what speed you are going he didnt even have us on radar or know how fast we were going but he seen us side by side hitting the gas speed isnt the issue we didnt go over 85 we were playing with eachother you dont need to be breaking the limit if it looks like your racing then youre getting charged with it

I remember I nearly lost my car...I was having the worst time in my life and I was going 100 down a 55 at two in the morning cause I was just so pissed and out of controll. A cop came behind me and I slowed down and pulled over, all i can think was "this is it, im losing my car" He comes up and does his usual cop routine and then asks me why i was speeding, i told him everything and he didn't write me up or anything. He told me I should have had a heavy ticket, my license suspended, and my car taken away, but he was cool and at the end of it all he asked me all kinds of questions about my car and he tells me that he was really impressed with it and we both laughed about it in the end...I got lucky, but I could have had a jerk cop that night that would not have been so forgiving...ever since then I Never Speed over the limit.
yeah after he cooled of he was like man that is one fast dam cavalier he siad he had a shelby cobra and to take it to the track

Last edited by zrated89; 08-31-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by zrated89
it doesnt matter what speed you are going he didnt even have us on radar or know how fast we were going but he seen us side by side hitting the gas speed isnt the issue we didnt go over 85 we were playing with eachother you dont need to be breaking the limit if it looks like your racing then youre getting charged with it
gay.. oh well **** it all together. thers a track 15 min away from my house im fine
Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 PM

As someone else stated.... they can still ticket you because it's the act of racing not the speed.

I've heard of people getting ticketed on freeway on ramps when they are all alone. Something about "excessive display of speed" or something along those lines. Basically a ticket for showing off.

Here's what appears to be a pretty decent site. Haven't been able to fully check it out. http://public.findlaw.com/traffic-ti...e-traffic-law/

Quick Reply: Got charged with Street Racing last Nite!