War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

GTO vs SS/TC and C6

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LS2guy
If your running 12.9 @ 111mph and drive the same every race you will beat a stock LS2 GTO with ease. Your trap speed is 1mph higher than what a GTO is lucky to see and a 12.9 is hard to achieve in a 100% stock GTO.
Consistancy is something I'm working on. That 12.9 was the best I ever got out of her. Most runs were in the low 13's.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thread *****

post count +1~!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:07 PM

boobies
Old 12-19-2008, 05:44 PM

I want to make a 12 second pass on street tires.

I'd be very happy if I did.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
I want to make a 12 second pass on street tires.

I'd be very happy if I did.

I am hoping to run low 14's this spring.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:58 PM

Lol!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Let me help you out here as you have a few things a tad bit off. It'll top out at 175 in 5th gear, 6th gear is where I've hit between 180 and 185. I get over 30MPG on the highway and so far thats better then the GTO owners that I've talked with. And lastly the E46 M3 stock 1/4 mile times were 13.3 to 13.8. Now as for mine I'm running 12.9's at 111mph with just a reflash and a K&N drop in filter. Can a GTO beat me? SURE as hell can! Can I beat GTO's? I sure as hell can! It all depends on the car, its mods, and the driver.

BTW the New M3 is govened just like the E46 was to 155mph and I don't know if a re-flash is out yet for them to get rid of it.

Dont even get started on How your M3 is equivalent to a GTO.

Its Slower, More expensive to mod, More expensive to buy, More expensive to maintain. Did we mention Slower.

GTO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M3.

Go put 10K worth of dinan stuff and ill spend a grand and whip an M3.

My friend has the new 335I 10K into it and barely pulls bolt on GTO's what a waste/

GTO is faster and easier to mod than an M3.

Thanks

My stage 2 cobalt with drag tires walked some kids M3 by like a car maybe a tad more. Then I went and sold said cobalt for a real car. A GTO.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:12 PM

^ ok thats a complete exaggeration. bring your heavy ass piece of sh** gto (my roomate has a full bolt on GTO that ive driven a lot) around the turns and see who wins tough guy. you guys top out the same and he rapes you around the turns stock...i dare you to race a m3 on a course.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by restonSS
^ ok thats a complete exaggeration. bring your heavy ass piece of sh** gto (my roomate has a full bolt on GTO that ive driven a lot) around the turns and see who wins tough guy. you guys top out the same and he rapes you around the turns stock...i dare you to race a m3 on a course.

I dare you to race an M3 on a course Typical ricer bullshit. I bought the GTO to drag race. Your roommate is probably doing his **** wrong. LOL Heavy ass piece of **** GTO eh?? The same one that weighs 3495???

Lol and calling my GTO a piece of ****? LOL as you get into your 20K dollar econo car with a blower. With axels skinner than anorexic chicks arms? Thats got me laughin over here slowpoke.

I also think its hilarious that you mentioned turns, Cause last time I checked we were comparing DRAG times. Did I mention turns? No. You are the only one talking about turns. Of course it has to be the RICER.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:27 PM

im a ricer? first off i could prob beat you lol. what do you have done to your GTO? anything above stock? my roomate doesnt have anyting wrong. dynatech supermax 1300 degree jet hot coated, corsa sport, lingenfelter cold air intake. he's doing it wrong what? im sorry excuse me. he could prob shif faster than you any day of the week. bring your piece to the track and show me some numbers. ill run you any day and so will he
Old 12-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

im a ricer? first off i could prob beat you lol. what do you have done to your GTO? anything above stock? my roomate doesnt have anyting wrong. dynatech supermax 1300 degree jet hot coated, corsa sport, lingenfelter cold air intake. he's doing it wrong what? im sorry excuse me. he could prob shif faster than you any day of the week. bring your piece to the track and show me some numbers. ill run you any day and so will he

Old 12-19-2008, 07:39 PM

Wow... really, saying that a GTO is better than an M3. Really? REally? You honestly think that.

Straight line. Ok sure. I may give you straight line with mods.

But every other measurement?

Looks.. (I know my opinion) M3 wins hands down.

Quality.... M3

Sex Appeal... M3

Longevity... M3

Support by Manufacturer... M3

I mean I am hard pressed other than price and how fast you can go in a straight line where else is an GTO "better" than an M3. Seriously.

I love my balt but would trade for a 1 series BMW in a heartbeat.

Speed does not = HP. It is part of it but every bit of the car counts.

Do me a favor find a 6 year old GTO that is a Daily driver but well maintained and a 6 year old BMW of the same. Compare the two. Drive the two. What one is of better quality.

give me a BMW or a Mercedes any day over the balt I am in now.

Hopefully one day soon American cars will be back on top.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grimlakin
Wow... really, saying that a GTO is better than an M3. Really? REally? You honestly think that.

Quality.... M3

Sex Appeal... M3

Longevity... M3

I mean I am hard pressed other than price and how fast you can go in a straight line where else is an GTO "better" than an M3. Seriously.

Do me a favor find a 6 year old GTO that is a Daily driver but well maintained and a 6 year old BMW of the same. Compare the two. Drive the two. What one is of better quality.

That is all I am Comparing. When I come on here and YOU ALL are talking drags so am I. Did I say "THE GTO IS BUILT WAY BETTER AND LOOKS ASTRONOMICALLY MORE SOPHISTICATED???" No I didn't I am talking about raw straight line speed. The only thing 99% of the people out there care about until they get their ass handed to them by My GTO and then here comes the bullshit "What about gas mileage" " What happens when we around a track" "My car is built better" "its worth more" All typical clown ass responses from the normal douchebag after getting left 10 cars back.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by RedGoat

Its Slower, More expensive to mod, More expensive to buy, More expensive to maintain. Did we mention Slower.

GTO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M3.

My friend has the new 335I 10K into it and barely pulls bolt on GTO's what a waste/

Thanks

My stage 2 cobalt with drag tires walked some kids M3 by like a car maybe a tad more. Then I went and sold said cobalt for a real car. A GTO.

Calling you a fool would be a compliment.

I bet the guy with the M3 and 335I didn't need to replace **** suspension parts before there first oil change. Sure they paid more cry baby but even a $23,000 SS/SC doesn't have that problem.

But hell I am still laughing that you talk **** about my C6.

Originally Posted by thedak
Yep

Looks Cookie Cutter To Me...

Actually it does look like one big shiny cookie cutter, although I will say your right it is different but only because no one else would do that.

Check this out I found another cookie cutter goat

Last edited by LS2guy; 12-19-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM

That is all I am Comparing. When I come on here and YOU ALL are talking drags so am I. Did I say "THE GTO IS BUILT WAY BETTER AND LOOKS ASTRONOMICALLY MORE SOPHISTICATED???" No I didn't I am talking about raw straight line speed. The only thing 99% of the people out there care about until they get their ass handed to them by My GTO and then here comes the bullshit "What about gas mileage" " What happens when we around a track" "My car is built better" "its worth more" All typical clown ass responses from the normal douchebag after getting left 10 cars back.
no the typical douchebag response is "my car is faster in the 1/4 mile"
Old 12-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned

Calling you a fool would be a compliment.

I bet the guy with the M3 and 335I didn't need to replace **** suspension parts before there first oil change. Sure they paid more cry baby but even a $23,000 SS/SC doesn't have that problem.

But hell I am still laughing that you talk **** about my C6.

Actually it does look like one big shiny cookie cutter, I have nothing else nice to say so I will leave it at that.
Uh oh here he comes CODY BS with some more sweet comments. I hook with how much money in suspension?? 100 dollars damn. Thats pretty good. I would make your Vette look silly.

I am talking **** about your STOCK C6. Douche. Its funny how EVERY "SWEET" ride you have owned has been stock. LOL Its probably because you're a 30K millionaire D bag who can barely afford the car/insurance payment. Modding it would make you have to move back in with your parents and eat ramen everyday. I would walk the **** out of your C6.

Originally Posted by Projekt
no the typical douchebag response is "my car is faster in the 1/4 mile"
LOL yeah cause EVERY ONE road races first and drags second. RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Thats why we have a KILL section for ROAD RACES. And thats why the kill section is full of racing around turns huh cause everyone does it. Maybe thats how you guys do it up in Canada have fun with that.

Last edited by RedGoat; 12-19-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-19-2008, 07:56 PM

Uh oh here he comes CODY BS with some more sweet comments. I hook with how much money in suspension?? 100 dollars damn. Thats pretty good. I would make your Vette look silly.

I am talking **** about your STOCK C6. Douche. Its funny how EVERY "SWEET" ride you have owned has been stock. LOL Its probably because you're a 30K millionaire D bag who can barely afford the car/insurance payment. Modding it would make you have to move back in with your parents and eat ramen everyday. I would walk the **** out of your C6.

LOL yeah cause EVERY ONE road races first and drags second. RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Thats why we have a KILL section for ROAD RACES. And thats why the kill section is full of racing around turns huh cause everyone does it. Maybe thats how you guys do it up in Canada have fun with that.
whats harder?

driving fast around a turn? or in a straight line.

ill leave that one to you. have fun in your straight line that a ******* 16 year old could do.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin

Quality.... M3

Sex Appeal... M3

Longevity... M3

I am 100% GM but it is only a matter of time before GM will be like we built a 2004-2006 GTO?

Thats great that you can hook that POS with $100 invested in the suspension, now for the **** shocks, struts, radius rod bushings, strut mounts and springs. Oh well you feel good half assing it with drag bags so morepower to your poor ass.

My SS/SC was Stage 2, my LS1's ran high 11's and my GTO had SLP tune and Blackwing drop-in filter. My C6 is stock because most cars I run into will either loose badly or win by a bus remember I can run low 12's stock you cannot. My only losses so far are to a Z06, 700whp Mustang and 470whp Cobra so I am happy and with a tune and traction I would kill your GTO.

Funny thing is I bet it takes you all year to make $30k and I make twice that per quarter.

Last edited by LS2guy; 12-19-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

I am 100% GM but it is only a matter of time before GM will be like we built a 2004-2006 GTO?

Thats great that you can hook that POS with $100 invested in the suspension, now for the **** shocks, struts, radius rod bushings, strut mounts and springs. Oh well you feel good half assing it with drag bags so morepower to your poor ass.

My SS/SC was Stage 2, my LS1's ran high 11's and my GTO had SLP tune and Blackwing drop-in filter. My C6 is stock because most cars I run into will either loose badly or win by a bus remember I can run low 12's stock you cannot. My only losses so far are to a Z06, 700whp Mustang and 470whp Cobra so I am happy and with a tune and traction I would kill your GTO.

Funny thing is I bet it takes you all year to make $30k and I make twice that per quarter.

HAHAHAHAHAHA CODYBS At his finest.

Cool I will pull the Average Pullied Heaton. So what does that mean folks. That I would pull Cody BS.

Enjoy your job. Makin 240 a year. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BULLSHIT.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:27 PM

This thread is so entertaining
Old 12-19-2008, 08:57 PM

really dude? what do you have done to your GTO? like really? gods gift my butt. id be hard pressed that you could take me up to 150 mph. ill take you in the turns too with your boat. bring it on bro... maybe my 12000$ cobalt ss/sc that i got w/ 19000 miles STOCK will beat you. ive invested 4 grand into my car and i promise provided your not boosted ill beat you. yeah, you MAY be able to take me above 160 mph but i promise you wont take me around turns unless youre heavily modded in the suspension area. tell me how i spent more with my 16g car that will give you a run for your money in the quarter and take you on a track. and how my roomie did it so wrong with his mods.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:10 PM

GTO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M3.

Thanks

Ohhh where to begine where to begin! Firstly I NEVER compaired my M to a GTO thats been everyone elses doing. Secondly, slower Mmmmm Hmmmm its a big ole slow turd. Thats why the whole of the automotive world strives to make a car to compete with the M3, cause its such a dog. Lets see more expensive to buy, YUP sure is! If you go new but I got mine used, I paid a grand total of 1 Cobalt SS sedan that I bought brand new for $11,000 and $15,000 cash. So I paid $26,000 for my slow turd of an M3. More expensive to maitain? Sure is if you don't know about cars then your gonna get it! But the fact that my oil change doesn't get done for 15,000 miles is a plus in my book. Its ok you can stick to every 3000 or so.

Ahhhhhh yes the ever over priced Dinan that only those who don't know enough about the car thinks is an end all to an expense arguement. Perhaps you should google VF superchargers. Not even $10,000 nets an M3 400 hp at the rear wheels. A few grand more and a big front mount and ta da! 600+ at the rear wheels! Or yes you could go totaly stupid and get the stage 3 kit thats a FORTUNE but it also rebuilds the engine, the transmission and the driveshafts and the rear and nets you 1000hp At the rear wheels on 100 octain gas.

In conclusion........ you are correct. It is silly to compair an M3 to such a clearly inferior car. Namely your slow GTO.

BTW how is the factory backing from Pontiac on the GTO these days? Oh wait!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 PM

whats funny is, even his stock C6 would beat the **** out of that GTO on the turns
Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

really dude? what do you have done to your GTO? like really? gods gift my butt. id be hard pressed that you could take me up to 150 mph. ill take you in the turns too with your boat. bring it on bro... maybe my 12000$ cobalt ss/sc that i got w/ 19000 miles STOCK will beat you. ive invested 4 grand into my car and i promise provided your not boosted ill beat you. yeah, you MAY be able to take me above 160 mph but i promise you wont take me around turns unless youre heavily modded in the suspension area. tell me how i spent more with my 16g car that will give you a run for your money in the quarter and take you on a track. and how my roomie did it so wrong with his mods.

This post is so funny. Keep posting. LOL LOL You are making my night. Is your roommates car an Auto or a Stick? What did he run in the Quarter mile. What did he dyno to the wheels. 4 Grand into a Cobalt?? What do YOU run at the track?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Ohhh where to begine where to begin! Firstly I NEVER compaired my M to a GTO thats been everyone elses doing. Secondly, slower Mmmmm Hmmmm its a big ole slow turd. Thats why the whole of the automotive world strives to make a car to compete with the M3, cause its such a dog. Lets see more expensive to buy, YUP sure is! If you go new but I got mine used, I paid a grand total of 1 Cobalt SS sedan that I bought brand new for $11,000 and $15,000 cash. So I paid $26,000 for my slow turd of an M3. More expensive to maitain? Sure is if you don't know about cars then your gonna get it! But the fact that my oil change doesn't get done for 15,000 miles is a plus in my book. Its ok you can stick to every 3000 or so.

Ahhhhhh yes the ever over priced Dinan that only those who don't know enough about the car thinks is an end all to an expense arguement. Perhaps you should google VF superchargers. Not even $10,000 nets an M3 400 hp at the rear wheels. A few grand more and a big front mount and ta da! 600+ at the rear wheels! Or yes you could go totaly stupid and get the stage 3 kit thats a FORTUNE but it also rebuilds the engine, the transmission and the driveshafts and the rear and nets you 1000hp At the rear wheels on 100 octain gas.

In conclusion........ you are correct. It is silly to compair an M3 to such a clearly inferior car. Namely your slow GTO.

BTW how is the factory backing from Pontiac on the GTO these days? Oh wait!
well said sir. he has nothing that could compare to that except his childish name ranting.

Quick Reply: GTO vs SS/TC and C6