War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

GTO vs Stage 2 + Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
im not even worried about how fast your cobalt will be in 5 years id hope it would be faster than the one i had for 9 months , i would have pulled you bad thats all that matters, and ill pull you even worse no

what was your best time that your so certain you would ``pull me bad``

gto - austrailia , you - australia how about that eh, might know a little about the gto then hmm?

had to run nitrous to keep up with a gto , what about it , the gto owner has 800 in his car while the cobalt owner has probably 4-6k who feels like an idiot now , especially when alot of people pay 24,000 for brand new cobalts , you can get a gto with 5-10k miles for 24,000

ROFL and you have the nerve to call OTHER people ricers?

<Token 4+ character entry here`<
Old 09-20-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by an0malous
do you know where the GTO comes from?
do you know where I come from?

im so quick to talk **** because you are arent even a troll
your a wannabe troll.
you jumped ship and started lookin down your nose faster than you can say `i dont even know the displacement of my LSJ engine`

wahhhhhhh the cobalt you make fun of in every one of your posts kept up with the gto.
and instead of just making a normal comment, your cryin about it with stupid comments like `had to resort to nitrous to keep up with a lightly modded gto`

hell i dont even have to point out how stupid you look.

your doing a stellar job all by yourself.
thats crazy... i was thinking the same thing.
and i dont think the cobalt is a waste of time at all. they are pretty impressive cars for what they are. fact is, they arent GTO's so of course they arent gonna be 12 second cars with just exhaust. BUT, for what they are, they are very impressive.
you point out the most insignificant stuff like how the cobalt cant do 12's on a stock SC. well neither can a srt-4 on a stock turbo. maybe there is one out there, but i havent seen it.

you are watching cobalts get closer and closer to the level of your pretty little GTO, as the mods become available. it kills you to know that you spent all that money on that car to boost your ego just to have the cobalt come right back and bite you in the ass. so, you just have to watch as they slowly pass you by since you have no money left to get past STOCK. youll have to go buy a ZO6 so that you can talk trash more in order to make yourself feel powerful again.

oh, and before you go and highlight my statements and make really immature little jokes, lemme do it for you...

ME: "so, you just have to watch as they slowly pass you by"

YOU: "haha you can say that again!!!! cobalts suck and theyre slow and people that own them suck too!!!"

just thought i would save you some time since your cobalt wasted so much of it.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
I cant believe I got dragged into this as I really like the old school GTO's , but seriously... why bring this o the balt forum...

Why dont you guys head over to some other v8 forums like the cobra forums or something and throw some wieght around?? oh yeah this happens...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...6900ef4b54.htm

GTO gets two cars. If you say this isnt fair, but running a 2.0 LSJ is, then I dont know what to say. The GTO cant even keep up as a chase car, better yet compete...

That kind of answers the question why you guys are so active in the 4cyl forums.

Im done here. This thread is a trainwreck
Oh yes, lets compare a near stock automatic GTO to heavily modded WS6's and supercharged mustangs (from a roll no less) in a thread about a near stock GTO vs a s2 + nitrous Cobalt

Originally Posted by skymynx
exactly if you really want to argue, i got something for your little gto to go against. try the 75 vette my and my friend are building. im sure you can take a 8-71 blower on top of our built 350. after all its only a 10 second car. see arguing that your car is faster then a car with literally 1/3 of the displacement is kinda pathetic. i admire slow sho for not bragging in an ignorant way. he won simply stated, wasn't coming on this site to talk **** about the cobalt, just stating the race. plus rep for showing some maturity on this site which is rare
I don't get it... if it's being built then how is it a 10 second car? Have you ran a 10 second pass? Have you even been behind the wheel of a 10 second car? Do you know what it's like to get loose halfway down the track and **** a brick because you're about to go into the wall? My guess is if you answer no to questions 2 and 3 then you'll quickly answer yes to question 4 when you finally do go attempt to run 10's.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM

threads like these are exactly why i hate this site sometimes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 PM

What truth ???? just look at your 1/4 mile thread for fastest cobalts , i see a 12.84 and a 12.88 and a whole lot of 13's , theres a reason , the stock 6.0 LS2 1/4 mile times look so much better than the fastest modded balt times , thats the truth
im still not seeing truth.. your trying to compare 2 different cars on 1 and only 1 ground... sorry .. but you yourself should know the cobalt is not a DRAG car and is not setup for that reason, so of course that + fwd it is not going to have the BEST times on a setup in which you are only wanting to build for... i have a drag car at the house.. so whats your point, your trying to compare apples and oranges and you sound like a douchebag... you act like you just had this epiphany and all is known now for you.. guess what *******.. everybody else thinks just as well and we are all looking for something differnt... I'm building a street racer, not a drag racer.. and seeing how 98% of all races i seem to find i am on the highway in a "rolling" position.. i guess 1/4 mile times really dont mean 2 ***** now do they.. go lick some taint on another forum and troll else where.. you have already beaten your "ricer" mentality on this forum enough.. and yeah.. ricer is a mentality.. and it fits you quite well actually...

so if you want to keep talking **** then throw up some cash and ill bring a DRAG car to whip your little ass back and forth across america.. if not.. then shut the **** up and stop being a 2 dollar **** rag trying to stir the pot.. ******* ****
Old 09-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
I don't get it... if it's being built then how is it a 10 second car? Have you ran a 10 second pass? Have you even been behind the wheel of a 10 second car? Do you know what it's like to get loose halfway down the track and **** a brick because you're about to go into the wall? My guess is if you answer no to questions 2 and 3 then you'll quickly answer yes to question 4 when you finally do go attempt to run 10's.
The car **** a brick, so its being rebuilt. Also switching to a 8-71 nitrous setup. No the fastest car I've ever driven is an 11 second car. My friend drivers the vette. His car so hes the driver. Were hoping to get into low 10's high 9's with the addition of the nitrous. Glad to see you got into the 12's though with just a catback and drag slicks. Thats impressive.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
im still not seeing truth.. your trying to compare 2 different cars on 1 and only 1 ground... sorry .. but you yourself should know the cobalt is not a DRAG car and is not setup for that reason, so of course that + fwd it is not going to have the BEST times on a setup in which you are only wanting to build for... i have a drag car at the house.. so whats your point, your trying to compare apples and oranges and you sound like a douchebag... you act like you just had this epiphany and all is known now for you.. guess what *******.. everybody else thinks just as well and we are all looking for something differnt... I'm building a street racer, not a drag racer.. and seeing how 98% of all races i seem to find i am on the highway in a "rolling" position.. i guess 1/4 mile times really dont mean 2 ***** now do they.. go lick some taint on another forum and troll else where.. you have already beaten your "ricer" mentality on this forum enough.. and yeah.. ricer is a mentality.. and it fits you quite well actually...

so if you want to keep talking **** then throw up some cash and ill bring a DRAG car to whip your little ass back and forth across america.. if not.. then shut the **** up and stop being a 2 dollar **** rag trying to stir the pot.. ******* ****
well said + rep
Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Altiery54
well said + rep
Agreed.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Bannned

.... worse than my sisters...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
thats crazy... i was thinking the same thing.
and i dont think the cobalt is a waste of time at all. they are pretty impressive cars for what they are. fact is, they arent GTO's so of course they arent gonna be 12 second cars with just exhaust. BUT, for what they are, they are very impressive.
you point out the most insignificant stuff like how the cobalt cant do 12's on a stock SC. well neither can a srt-4 on a stock turbo. maybe there is one out there, but i havent seen it.

you are watching cobalts get closer and closer to the level of your pretty little GTO, as the mods become available. it kills you to know that you spent all that money on that car to boost your ego just to have the cobalt come right back and bite you in the ass. so, you just have to watch as they slowly pass you by since you have no money left to get past STOCK. youll have to go buy a ZO6 so that you can talk trash more in order to make yourself feel powerful again.

oh, and before you go and highlight my statements and make really immature little jokes, lemme do it for you...

ME: "so, you just have to watch as they slowly pass you by"

YOU: "haha you can say that again!!!! cobalts suck and theyre slow and people that own them suck too!!!"

just thought i would save you some time since your cobalt wasted so much of it.
there are tons of Stock turbo SRT-4's running around , so many that theres a sticky on SRT-4 forums for the mods needed to run 12's on stock turbo.

Secondly i didnt spend any outrageous ammount of cash on my GTO , your probably thinking i got it for 33 or even 29 , nope i got it for 25 with 6K miles , and the funny thing is ill have as much money into my gto by next month as you have into your balt except wait ill be running low 12's and you will be running high 13's maybe even 14's, its funny how becuase i spent so much money on my car i wont be able to mod it that statement not only is sig material but i cant stop laughing , nice try though guy

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
your trying to compare apples and oranges and you sound like a douchebag... I'm building a street racer, not a drag racer.. and seeing how 98% of all races i seem to find i am on the highway in a "rolling" position.. i guess 1/4 mile times really dont mean 2 ***** now do they.

Ricer at its finest ^^^^ you make absolutly NO sense , who builds a car to go roll race , when did atco put in a freeway ??

so let me get this straight your building a cobalt to go out and race people on the free way in public while endangering peoples lives ????? where is darwin when you need him
Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM

gtfo the gtoforums aren't here
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Bannned

how can you talk up your GTO so much. wow! you beat a 4banger.... barely. way to go bud. its fun to buy a car and add mods and work on it to get to where we want it. we will never be pleased cause we always want more horse power, more speed. for me its fun to mod but to buy a car that is already fast with a bigger engine and you try to come on here and say, "ooooo, look at me i beat this car and that car".... get real

Last edited by ColeJJones; 09-20-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
how can you talk up your GTO so much. wow! you beat a 4banger.... barely. way to go bud. its fun to buy a car and add mods and work on it to get to where we want it. we will never be pleased cause we always want more horse power, more speed. for me its fun to mod but to buy a car that is already fast with a bigger engine and you try to come on here and say, "ooooo, look at me i beat this car and that car".... get real
who are you talking to ?? if your talking to me reading >you

well im sure you were talking to me so ill respond

i never raced a 4 banger in my GTO , this isnt even my thread , secondly it is fun to buy a car and work on it to get to where you want ,

im sure you will be wanting more horsepower and at one point you will own every go fast mod made for the cobalt and you

will realize how much money you just wasted while still running 13's , thats why i bought my GTO becuase i wont have

enough money to buy all the mods available for it and if i did id be running 9's not 13's and if you think im keeping my GTO

stock keep thinking that whatever makes you happy ,ill actually put more money into my gto than

i did on my cobalt becuase i wont have to worry as much about it taking a **** on me , if i want to put a 200

shot i will , can you say the same about your cobalt , no you would say if i wanted to put a 200 shot i

would and then my whole engine would come through the hood , big difference , comprende?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned

Why do people keep bring up displacement?

If you win it's " And it's only a little 4 banger " when you loose it's " It's only a 4 cylinder "

Who gives a **** about displacement it doesn't matter anyway look at Lotus and there 3.5 Liter V-8's. Hell look at the 2008 Z06 vs 2008 Viper tests Dodge added all of that power to beat a 7.0 by less than a half second. Look at my 600CC bike convert that to liters now figure HP per liter using 120BHP.

People bitch and complain about my posts but none are any worse than this displacement crap.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
I love the GTO/Monaro to death. but theres to many owners who have your attitude....and its starting to smell like mustang in here.
What attitude would that be? Thinking that the GTO is the fastest car all around and nothing is quicker? I find it hillarious that they find a 400 hp car as the most bad ass cars in the land. Must be their first times owning or driving a car that has more than 300 hp.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by codyss

If you win it's " And it's only a little 4 banger " when you loose it's " It's only a 4 cylinder "

Who gives a **** about displacement it doesn't matter anyway look at Lotus and there 3.5 Liter V-8's. Hell look at the 2008 Z06 vs 2008 Viper tests Dodge added all of that power to beat a 7.0 by less than a half second. Look at my 600CC bike convert that to liters now figure HP per liter using 120BHP.

People bitch and complain about my posts but none are any worse than this displacement crap.

8 cylinders>4 cylinders was that hard to understand... no replacement for displacement
Old 09-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by codyss

It's a 4 banger with a supercharger. We're not comparing N/A vs N/A. We're comparing N/A vs. F/I. Very different.

As for the viper reference. The new viper kicks the **** out of the Z06.

Before you bring up the ZR1.

ZR1 = 100K
Viper = 80K
Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 PM

you have the money or you don't
Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Bannned

so hostile
Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned

so hostile
wanna run
Old 09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

so hostile
Nice stickers. I think I'd **** my pants laughing so hard if I saw your car at the track with all that free advertising on it only to run 14's.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Nice stickers. I think I'd **** my pants laughing so hard if I saw your car at the track with all that free advertising on it only to run 14's.
lmao
Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Bannned

wow, attackin me eh. a little offended about the post i made i guess. but thanks for checking out my car. didnt even bother to see your pics, dont like to waste my time
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

wow, attackin me eh. a little offended about the post i made i guess. but thanks for checking out my car. didnt even bother to see your pics, dont like to waste my time
read my sig , and the 19's with those sub .500 tires it only gets slower

id put 100 dollars that you cant break into the 13's with all the mods in your sig , Darrenjdasilva3@yahoo.com thats my paypal be sure and send me my money and a time slip after you go to the track
Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Bannned

still looks good

read my sig , and the 19's with those sub .500 tires it only gets slower

id put 100 dollars that you cant break into the 13's with all the mods in your sig , Darrenjdasilva3@yahoo.com thats my paypal be sure and send me my money and a time slip after you go to the track
im still iraq right now. when i get back and i have time when im not training. i will go to the track and see what i am running. but yea, if i dont break into the 13's i will definitely send you 100 bucks man. im a Marine, im not lying. hahahha, ...i hope i do

Last edited by ColeJJones; 09-20-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: GTO vs Stage 2 + Nitrous