War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I wanted to post mine!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to post mine!

Hope you guys dont mind '05 Colorado Xtreme vs. 97/98? Civic.

Tonight I decided to kick around my truck a little, 1200 miles now.

In Gurnee ill. There are always teens and young adults out around Gurnee mills mall, so I decided to head that way and show off a little. I came upon McDonalds and sure enough the lot was half full of civics, supras, eclipse etc. Pulled into the drive through and grabbed a snack, as I creep in the lane I can hear; "XTREME!” "Is that a S10??" I got my food and see some guys motioning for me to pull in where they are parked. The guys start looking over the truck and we chat awhile, a little later we hear this car way down the ave. just winding it out. These guys knew who it was just from the sound; sure enough this green 97/98 civic pulls up. Now this guy must have been the center of attention of this group because he starts right in ragging on my truck.

He goes through all the; "left a cylinder at the dealer huh?” "The thing has no torque.", etc. etc. etc. One kid yells out; "try it!!" I just look over at the kid and say; "Red light dead stop?" He laughs and says; "sure POPS!"

We pull out and up to the first red light with all the other cars behind us; I never look at the kid and just get ready. On green I just punched it, the civic jumps right out in front, he is on his way to leaving me when I hear him MISS A SHIFT! I just blew by him and kept going to the next light; he is trying his best to hold on but never got back to my bumper.

He pulls up beside me about the time to cops roll out of a car dealership, yells at me that this did not count?? We all go back to Mickey Dees, and his friends start ragging on him, I tell him its all in good fun and I don’t want to risk a ticket doing it again. He was gracious and said he understood but invites me to another area Saturday night Very Happy
Old 07-31-2005, 08:13 AM
N A

Angry

Arrowslinger, I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but shouldn't this be a "Cobalt has to be one of the cars being raced" section only? There's got to be a Colorado Xtreme website. Post your story there.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:01 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by N A
Arrowslinger, I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but shouldn't this be a "Cobalt has to be one of the cars being raced" section only? There's got to be a Colorado Xtreme website. Post your story there.
Not everyone here has a Cobalt. There are SRT's, Camaros, and Imports who all contribute to the site. If he wants to share his story, then I say let him.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:07 PM

sounds good to me as long as it doesnt get out of hand
Old 07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

Nice story, thanks for sharing. Ricers these days are out of control

As the other guys said, I think its fine to post in this section about other cars as long as its a worthwhile post. Go over to the JBO, in the vs. section, and you'll see what happens when people and stories get out of hand

Sounds like it was a fun time. Being that your truck is only a 2WD Ext. Cab, I can't imagine its very heavy. Probably somewhere around 3500lbs, which should move pretty nice with the 220HP I5 Just curious, is your truck auto or stick??
Old 07-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't care if it's has a cobalt or not but it definetly make it more interesting to me.

And chevy did leave off a cylinder, should of been the 4.2 L I6 in that truck and the I5 for the base model, I just don't understand why they would make the Colorado a slower truck than the S10. I used to own 2 Xtremes and I might have gotten a 3rd if the SS/SC didn't come out.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:46 PM

Thumbs up

nice kill, i loveeeeee the look of the new xtreme, but yeah they left something out when it comes to proformance, at least acceleration wise. good news is that i think its RK sport, they came out with a supercharger kit buy that and you can have an xtreme sleeper truck. take it back and really supprise the chit outa them ricers ) and it thats not enough for you....theres room to drop a v8 in there
Old 07-31-2005, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by N A
this is war stories a kill is a kill....

BY the way Arrowslinger TTIWWAP!

Have not seen the new Colorado Xtreme yet and I hear there is a kick ass S/C kit out for it

Is it 4WD or 2WD?