War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Kids in G6

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kids in G6

So I am on my way home to Tucson today from Sierra Vista with my buddy and this G6 (GT?) fly's up on my ass like I am doing 20 under, which I certainly am not. I'm going about 77 in a 75 locked in cruise. So I scoot over, and what do you know two punk ass kids who think they are all "hard" and ****, start looking over at me and my buddy and they just take off. I let them go for a few seconds and then I was like "well fuggit", so I take off after them and I go right past em like they weren't even flooring it, I mean it was sad. They try to cut me off in front of to barely make it by this semi, and I wasn't about to get cut off so they had to hit the brakes and get behind me. So after the semi they gun it again and get on my ass, and once they changed lanes, I gunned it again, and I put about 4-5 lengths on them in the matter of 15-20 seconds at most. This happens like 4 times total. In the process of this though, these smurfing retards threw two (2) full bottles of Gatorade and (2) bottles of water at may car. Luckily only one bottle hit my car and it didnt leave a dent at all or any damage whatsoever.

Needless to say, I am smurfing mad, and yes I wanted to kill the 2 punk ass kids. Seriously if you cant take getting beat then don't instigate. Rant over.

2.4 ftw haha
Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 PM

This is how people get killed. Better be glad those 'retards' weren't TOO stupid to pull in front of you or you might not be typing this. Let stupid ***** be stupid *****.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM

yea. No more messing around like that for me, next time I will let whoever it is go. Not worth my time, gas or risking it like that. I am just pissed they threw stuff at my car
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by z24sport
This is how people get killed. Better be glad those 'retards' weren't TOO stupid to pull in front of you or you might not be typing this. Let stupid ***** be stupid *****.

^^^^ good call
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltKids
yea. No more messing around like that for me, next time I will let whoever it is go. Not worth my time, gas or risking it like that. I am just pissed they threw stuff at my car
It happens man. I've done stupid stuff too. Just gotta be absolutely sure that if you do get into a small run with someone on the street, make sure that the only people that could be hurt are you and the guy who made a choice to race too. Be safe!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by z24sport
It happens man. I've done stupid stuff too. Just gotta be absolutely sure that if you do get into a small run with someone on the street, make sure that the only people that could be hurt are you and the guy who made a choice to race too. Be safe!
Yea seriously. No more crazy stuff like that anymore
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 PM

what's up josh?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 AM

musta been some fat kids, those g6's are 14 second cars, stock
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

Should have just called highway patrol with there plate number and report a CNI. Cause I highly doubt they were paying attention to your cars plates. i've done that before.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
Umm yeah they must be like high 14 second cars??? I've raced G6 GXP's and they are still slow... well maybe to a SC...

Haha, oh boy. Yeah I had that happen to me. I scared the crap out of some kids in an old Cavalier that came up to a four way stop making a left next to me. They then threw like three pop cans at my car and yelled *** or something while driving away. Only one hit. I didn't do anything at first and just watched them drive away after they made a left. They got about 1/4 mile away from me as I was debating should I just let this go or should I chase them, as I was steaming mad, so I decided to chase them... Well it didn't take me more than about 15 seconds and next thing I know I'm doing 120mph in a 40mph @1:30 in the morning they make a quick left into a subdivision and I'm on their ass. SO these fools try to think they can outrun my SS/SC in a old ass Cavalier.... Oh it was too funny, as they try to outrun me, making left turn signals and then making quick right turns, It had also just rained so the roads were wet, but my SS/SC was hugging those corners as I could see their car rolling around the corners just barely making it around a couple... We fly right through two red lights, then they make a quick left to this straight where the speed limit is 50mph.. Needless to say we were doing about 90mph passing cars on solid lines, which was really stupid, but I was furious and their POS Cavalier couldn't outrun me if their lives depended on it. Well after 20minutes of me chasing them we came to the county border, and I had enough of chasing them and was now about 15 minutes from my home, and I was tired so I eventually stopped and turned around... But oh boy I bet they weren't expecting that to happen...

I definitely realized that our cars handle very well.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:39 AM

Something happened to me like that the other day too... well, sorta. Coming home I was going to turn off onto my gravel road just up the valley, so the intersection is pretty blind. There's a school up there too. Anyway, some jackass in a dualy diesel Chevy decides to gun it up the hill and doesn't see me slowing down and giving him at least thirty seconds of signal. About two seconds after I decided to get the hell off the brakes and hit the throttle he looks up from whatever the hell he's doing and slams on his brakes and moves over to the shoulder of the highway. Made me change my route home, take more gravel than necessary, and more gas. Good thing I was watching, could have rear ended me at 110 km/hr. He tailgated me just about half way home on highway 13 too. (probably a reason why it's number 13. )

PAY ATTENTION WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING!

I'd never street race, I'm too afraid of getting a ticket.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by copson20
Should have just called highway patrol with there plate number and report a CNI. Cause I highly doubt they were paying attention to your cars plates. i've done that before.
I usually do pay attention to those things, but this time I did not unfortunately
Old 08-19-2008, 01:16 AM

what a bunch of *****
Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Banned

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/ca...-recorder.html

this might help to find out who they are. I got mine to a button, so it only record what I want, on the fly.
Hope there was no damage
Old 08-19-2008, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
what's up josh?
A lot dude! How have you been. School, project car, new job all kinds of stuff is happening here. Hows the family doing?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:47 AM
Banned

I never race peeps who start out as jackasses like that.

Most people I race end up pulling over and we have a friendly chat.. really... or regardless of outcome.. they give the "man nod" or wave or w/e

I am going to miss driving my piece of **** Saturn that is worth about 500$... cuz anytime someone tailgates me.. they get a light brake-check.

Shoulda got the lil ******'s plate#s for personal use or just to call in.

Can't believe they threw **** at your car...... how lame. They will do that **** to the wrong person someday and get shot up.

Moral of the story- If your going to street race... don't be sucked into moron's web of stupidity.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
Umm yeah they must be like high 14 second cars??? I've raced G6 GXP's and they are still slow... well maybe to a SC...
Yes, 14.8 tested by a magazine and most people run faster then magazine times, so a 2.4 is a mid 15 second car on paper, and the g6 is a high 14 on paper, it still wins lol
Old 08-19-2008, 01:56 AM

^ Yeah I hear that. I wish I would have gotten the plate. Tucson is a small town so I am sure I will encounter those idiots again.

Yes, 14.8 tested by a magazine and most people run faster then magazine times, so a 2.4 is a mid 15 second car on paper, and the g6 is a high 14 on paper, it still wins lol
Idk, maybe it wasn't a GT then because when he was speeding up to pass me, when I gunned it I left the G6 pretty quick

Last edited by CobaltKids; 08-19-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2008, 02:05 AM

My friends has a auto G6 and we are a close race, and i have an intake, hes stock.

My car is slow as ***** past 80mph though.

I would have chased those ******** and called the cops if they threw **** at me.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:09 AM

Mine pulls pretty well. I pulled away from him pretty steadily
Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM

Yeah, it wasn't a GXP then. That has the 3.6L 252hp V6 which I imagine might pull on a 2.4. The only other engine choices is a 3.5L V6 (my g/f has one) and it's got some decent pick-up but definitely isn't fast... And then there's a 4cyl (I think 2.4L) as engine options for the G6. (HP is a little different for the G6 Coupe, but 4cyl isn't offered only 3.5 & 3.6L V6's)

Like I said I've raced a couple people in the GXP's, and they'll sorta hang with my SS/SC but only up to 40-50mph then they're all looks and no go...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:07 PM

A lot dude! How have you been. School, project car, new job all kinds of stuff is happening here. Hows the family doing?
doing well...

did you ever get to use those fuel injectors? lol

oh, and i'm down about 40 lbs since i left tucson lol
Old 08-19-2008, 01:09 PM

As soon as the water bottles were thrown...It would of been on.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:45 PM

no they aren't. the gt just has the 3.5L, not the 3.9L 252hp. The gt, which i believe only comes in auto regardless of coupe/sedan, SHOULD be beaten every time by a 2.4 SS w/ 5-spd. the GTP/GXP coupe will run 14s, but it is lighter, has a bigger engine, and comes w/ a 6-spd manual. verrrry different.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 PM

yep..All g6's are automatic wether there 2.4l,3.5,3.9l...
and im 99% sure(atleast in canada) that even the gxp with the 3.6l is only made automatic.

Quick Reply: Kids in G6