War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me and the vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and the vette

so im driving home today and this NICE black brand spankin new vette is stuck in traffic with me ... i drive like I normally do and simply admire it from afar ... I get some ways down the street and notice all of a sudden it's right behind me ... i speed up and let him pass on the left then follow him cus there was debris in the road so I had to avoid it ... then outa no where bam yellow light pops up and I think ... what a trip

I pull up next to him slowly since the light barely changed to red and look over his car and as I look to see him I notice he is eye ballin my ride too ... he then notices me and gives me the official nod and I knew he wanted to see what I could do ... so I get ready ... I let go of the brake and get my foot ready on the gas I engage the clutch and hold it in first ... then the light turns green and I get the best launch I could ever have asked for and actually dart out in front of him ... either he reacted late or I really just got the luck of the draw ... almost all the way through 1st I had him till I was about 5500 rpms then all of a sudden he is right next to me at about my 6000 mark he changed gears at the time I was at his front tires ... when he let go to change gears he fell back a bit due to perhaps the HUGE tires he had which were all chrome ... I power shifted to 2nd but it still wasn't even to gain any ground and when his second gear engaged I was about a full car length away from him when he got into 3rd it was no contest.

It was the shortest run I ever had but it was still fun and I can tell to be that kind of a performer I have a long way to go.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Banned

Nice race, gotta love that short 1st gear ratio in the SS S/C
Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 PM

Sweet race man.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:16 PM

Sweet. Someday, when the aftermarket catches up and lots of cash is dumped out of the sky, you will be able run another stock Corvette and get to see his expression through the rearview mirror. That will be the day.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:35 PM

nice....gotta love racein vettes
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
so im driving home today and this NICE black brand spankin new vette is stuck in traffic with me ... i drive like I normally do and simply admire it from afar ... I get some ways down the street and notice all of a sudden it's right behind me ... i speed up and let him pass on the left then follow him cus there was debris in the road so I had to avoid it ... then outa no where bam yellow light pops up and I think ... what a trip

I pull up next to him slowly since the light barely changed to red and look over his car and as I look to see him I notice he is eye ballin my ride too ... he then notices me and gives me the official nod and I knew he wanted to see what I could do ... so I get ready ... I let go of the brake and get my foot ready on the gas I engage the clutch and hold it in first ... then the light turns green and I get the best launch I could ever have asked for and actually dart out in front of him ... either he reacted late or I really just got the luck of the draw ... almost all the way through 1st I had him till I was about 5500 rpms then all of a sudden he is right next to me at about my 6000 mark he changed gears at the time I was at his front tires ... when he let go to change gears he fell back a bit due to perhaps the HUGE tires he had which were all chrome ... I power shifted to 2nd but it still wasn't even to gain any ground and when his second gear engaged I was about a full car length away from him when he got into 3rd it was no contest.

It was the shortest run I ever had but it was still fun and I can tell to be that kind of a performer I have a long way to go.

I claim BS on this story Eric. The Cobalt is UNBEATABLE and would destroy a Corvette, stop lieing dude.

Good run dude, at least you held him off through 1st gear.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
I claim BS on this story Eric. The Cobalt is UNBEATABLE and would destroy a Corvette, stop lieing dude.

Good run dude, at least you held him off through 1st gear.
lol I told another dude that you and I know and HOLY **** did I catch some flack for it
Old 12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive driven a few new vettes... couple of manuals and an auto...
Manuals are pretty quick...
Auto... probably no faster then an E350 (mercedes)...

Nice race... I had a guy in a Z06 messin with me awhile back.. I didnt bite though...
Ill toy with some stuff I know is faster... but losing to Z06 by the margin that I
probably would have would of been embarassing.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice. i'll probably never race vettes in the ralliart. but it's a different story in my talon.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:21 AM

He was playin' with ya, he probably didnt have it half throttle.