War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Mustang 5.0 vs Cobalt LT (Never say never!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Superbalt06
I don't give a **** about street racing but this is the only forum I've ever been part of that allows a section like this. I'm assuming because of the high majority of the people on this forum are pretty young.
You must not have been on too many car forums. I've been on several and there's a TON of them that have sections like this.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ssedan
A cobalt lt wont even go fast enough to make street racing dangerous. Carry on
Originally Posted by Zenkat
You're Canadian. You should be apologizing and saying 'Thank You' for the story.
This thread just got epic
Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
Being alive is inherently dangerous. Fact is there are tons, TONS more people doing menial tasks while driving that make them as dangerous or more than occasional street racers. People reading, talking on phones, texting, arguing, being drunk, drinking hot coffee, eating a messy ass burger, yelling at their kids. So to come into a thread and bash street racers, when these people are more than likely guilty of endangering the rest of us in one of these other various and plentiful ways is hypocritical.
I'm not going to argue whether people are hypocrites or not because I don't know and you don't either.

you can't say screw it, being alive is dangerous so we might as well street race. what you're basically saying is: look at all the bad drivers on the road and what they do.. racing isn't as dangerous as eating a messy burger, driving drunk, etc. so it's no big deal that people race occasionally and make the roads just a little more dangerous as long as they are not as bad as others.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
No I'm saying the ones that come in here bitching at people for racing are just as guilty of doing other stupid (and equally dangerous) **** on the road. So again, coming to racing thread and bitching is a case of pot calling the kettle black. Its pretty straight forward I'm not sure what you are having a hard time grasping.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
******* morons street racing. all of you idiots should lose your license and your car

on a side note, I put bus lengths on a V6 Mustang the other day. Thought he could keep up, it wasn't pretty.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM

HAHAHA, I'm with everyone else. Definitely did not see the ending coming.

Great post, OP.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mods can we please ban the people that come in war section preaching at us about street racing. As long as ur not racing in heavy traffic I dont see the problem.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM

I support illegal street racing
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
stop light wars are the best ITs always shitty cars that challenge me though, and then I gotta spin the tires like a crazy ************ to make them understand they should just back the **** off before they end up in a grave.
:loL: screaming turbo, screaching tires, and swurving in your lane from torque steer usually scares everybody and makes them think twice about trying to beat the car next to them for poll position like its ****** nascar.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Mods can we please ban the people that come in war section preaching at us about street racing. As long as ur not racing in heavy traffic I dont see the problem.
Exactly. I don't understand why they come to this section in the first place if they don't like it. When I don't like something I generally ignore it. Their bitching won't change a thing, it's just annoying.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM

I had a situation similar to to this happen to me once. Guy in a BMW Z8 back when they first came out was at a light. Me and a buddy were crossing the street in front of him the light turns green and he starts revving his car like to make us hurt up or something. We keep on going get to the other side and he lurches forward and kills it. Then the guy in a Toyota Echo rear ends him when he killed it. We both laugh and continued on our way discussing his doucheness.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by roadrage06
HAHAHA, I'm with everyone else. Definitely did not see the ending coming.

Great post, OP.
Thank you!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
stop light wars are the best ITs always shitty cars that challenge me though, and then I gotta spin the tires like a crazy ************ to make them understand they should just back the **** off before they end up in a grave.
:loL: screaming turbo, screaching tires, and swurving in your lane from torque steer usually scares everybody and makes them think twice about trying to beat the car next to them for poll position like its ****** nascar.
Stop light wars suck in our cars lol. Nothing but spin spin spin, highway is were it's at. Funny how hard the Honda's have to try just to keep up with us while were still in vacuum on the highway.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM

Ehr muh ferkin gerd cannon -_- "not street race"??? Bish please lmao i dont know about you, but when i see someone i want to race, im not gonna follow them til they pull over and be like "hey i wanna race you, wanna go to the track with me this weekend?!" Come on. And no, its its the idiots that pay no attention to whats going on around them or have zero regard for such but race anyways that get in wreacks. Ive been street racing since i got my first car 6 years ago, and havent wrecked once cuz i pay attention. Go whine and complain somewhere else. If it aint a supercharger, we dont wanna hear any whining,
Old 09-28-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Balt_and_Vette
Stop light wars suck in our cars lol. Nothing but spin spin spin, highway is were it's at. Funny how hard the Honda's have to try just to keep up with us while were still in vacuum on the highway.
Kid I knew back in highschool had a wrx wagon when I was ottp stage 2 with cooling mods and full exhaust. He pulled up next to me at a light and asked if I wanted to make a quick run. Light turned green of course I spun his awd took off out of the hole... at about 40mph I flew past him and put about 2 bus lengths on him... Next day in school all my friends were like I heard you lost to james' wrx he said he beat you I was like dah ****? So I found him called him out he said he did beat me because he let off at 40 when I went by but he was full of **** I could still here his exhaust and bov full throttle. So we did a 40 roll later that day with people following... Bus lengths later he pulled off the highway and I havent heard from him since hahahaha. He talks mad **** to people about how subaru is the best everything else is **** but no lie he couldnt tell you how to change his oil... or even his wiper blades lol
Old 09-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by startingline05
I support illegal street racing
I support Rice...Wait...what
Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 PM

No I'm saying the ones that come in here bitching at people for racing are just as guilty of doing other stupid (and equally dangerous) **** on the road. So again, coming to racing thread and bitching is a case of pot calling the kettle black. Its pretty straight forward I'm not sure what you are having a hard time grasping.
1- you don't know how these people drive. you're only assuming.

2- you said being alive is dangerous and there tons more people whose driving is as or more dangerous than occasional street racers, which IMO implied that you think since life is dangerous and there's all that crap on the street, adding occasional street racing is no big deal. sorry if I misunderstood.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 PM

Old 09-28-2012, 04:26 PM

How about this........ If you dont like when people talk about illegal street racing and you keep it to yourself and call us idiots, thats cool.

Now, If you dont like illegal street racing and you jump into all kinds of threads calling us idiots, then you can shove a dog ***** in your mouth.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:13 PM

I regret nothing!!!!!!!

Street racing 4 life!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
This
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by theamericanautos
1- you don't know how these people drive. you're only assuming.

2- you said being alive is dangerous and there tons more people whose driving is as or more dangerous than occasional street racers, which IMO implied that you think since life is dangerous and there's all that crap on the street, adding occasional street racing is no big deal. sorry if I misunderstood.
How many people every day on your way to work are doing the things I mentioned or more? Its a very safe assumption that everyone does these things. Its America, that's how things are done.

In the grand scheme of it all is a Cobalt LS and a Mustang having a drag race from a stop light really making things that much worse than it already is? Or how about the soccer mom that drops her blazing hot Mocha-chino in her lap as she is approaching a red light. Is it really such a big deal that people feel the need to come in here and patronize everyone with their high and mighty babble when there is a VERY good chance they contribute to the danger too? And for the record, I am guilty of a lot of that stuff, however I'm not in here preaching because I know I'm no one to make that judgement.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:20 AM

Uhm excuse me sir its an LT...get it right geez
Old 09-29-2012, 04:15 PM

Forgive me sir, I didn't mean it! Please don't whoop me!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:40 PM

Forgive me sir, I didn't mean it! Please don't whoop me!
My car is so intimidating you'll kill your engine in fear

Quick Reply: Mustang 5.0 vs Cobalt LT (Never say never!!)