War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

playin around with a jaguar and ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
playin around with a jaguar and ram

My bro rented a new hemi ram. He loves rams and talks up and down about how powerful they are. we did a little run on the highway. needless to say i put buslengths on it. the second race i gave him a little head start by letting him kick it down to pull out and pass me and waited until he was at my fender before i dropped it down and it took me a few seconds to catch up. i gotta say when they get going they move pretty good for a full sized truck.

Also had some pompous looking guy in a brand new jag showing off. he looked like the guy on the cayenne thread. i saw him behind me and saw him step on it and he caught up quickly so i shifted to third and followed him. i was able to stop him pulling on me but i wasn't pulling on him much. he slowed down and let me get next to him. we slowed down and then i stepped on it again but he wouldn't bite. He finally gave it another quick shot past me and then slowed down again. when i looked at him to give him a thumbs up he refused to look at me and sipped his coffee with that "i'm a douchebag with an expensive car that's too good for everyone else" look. ah well haha if only i could have got a straight up run to see how quick they are. looked like an aston martin or maserati style body.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh man the big truck douchebags are the best around my town, they think V8=fast no matter what

as for the other douchebag in the jag, yeah.. we got those here too lol, funny **** seeing their faces as the get beat by a silly ol cobalt
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 PM

so let me get this straight...you raced a truck and won and thats something to post about.....sweet

cool story bro
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM

Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 PM

why give him ****? i'd rather read a war story about a truck than have this category empty?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by ericgt79
so let me get this straight...you raced a truck and won and thats something to post about.....sweet

cool story bro
There are a lot of trucks out there that would beat most of the people on this site... just depends what they got done to them.

Joel
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 AM

lol it still amazes me that people think i posted this because im proud of it or something and wasn't aware that i'd obviously beat it.. a couple of members here just bought a new ram.. perhaps they were curious how they'd fair against a GMS1 balt and some people might wonder if a GMS1 balt can hang with a 385+hp 4000 lb jag similar to this..

besides it was a friendly race between me and my brother... who really cares that i beat a truck like i didn't expect it to happen.. ignorance is bliss.. i like reading all types of races as do others so take your "cool story bro" pictures elsewhere..

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 11-02-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
besides it was a friendly race between me and my brother... who really cares that i beat a truck like i didn't expect it to happen.. ignorance is bliss.. i like reading all types of races as do others so take your "cool story bro" pictures elsewhere..

you might as well as posted about racing a prius.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Slow01GTP

you might as well as posted about racing a prius.
sometimes it's nice to know how regular vehicles fair in comparison to the SS balt.. as someone else said... gives the V8 nutswingers something to think about..just because it has 390hp doesn't mean it's a fast truck because it still weights alot. not everyone realizes that obviously.
you might as well find something better to do than troll war stories looking for an excuse to harrass someone because you're bored.. not every race has to be a nail biting brag-a-thon about beating a ferrari or corvette.. no wonder alot of people have left this forum to go to other forums. because of people like you.

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 11-02-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 AM

sometimes it's nice to know how regular vehicles fair in comparison to the SS balt.. as someone else said... gives the V8 nutswingers something to think about..just because it has 390hp doesn't mean it's a fast truck because it still weights alot. not everyone realizes that obviously.
you might as well find something better to do than troll war stories looking for an excuse to harrass someone because you're bored.. not every race has to be a nail biting brag-a-thon about beating a ferrari or corvette.. no wonder alot of people have left this forum to go to other forums. because of people like you.
I think if you "compare" a "regular" vehicle to a cobalt s/c or t/c your missing the point. The ram is a utility vehicle designed to haul/tow. The jaguar is a heavy junk of metal with what???? 320whp? It's not the car that's being compared but the fact that there is a comparison period.

I laughed when I saw the pompous comment because it reminds me of those crazy 99%ers. Regardless of his actions he's driving around in a 60k luxury car and your in a 26k(?) car. He must be doing something right. I'm sure he might not have known a air filter from a muffler but in the game of life he still wins. I understand he was a little condescending but it's like the "hip hop stars" say... Hate the game not the player.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:02 AM

Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM

None of this changes the fact that your thread is worthless. You posted about racing a rental truck and a Jag doing fly bys past you. Like I said, you might as well posted about racing a Volt.

Should I post about me racing a stock GTP? No, probably not because even letting him take off and get a car length out from a 50 roll, I steamrolled past by 70 and had 3 cars by 100. Who cares? No one because it was a worthless race.

Last edited by Slow01GTP; 11-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by rephrase
why give him ****? i'd rather read a war story about a truck than have this category empty?
Same.
He posted a story because it's sOmethIng ppl can relate too. We all know truck owners who think they are fast. We all know that rich ppl can be tools at tImes.

If you don't like his story or can't relate to it don't post simple.
Glad to see with all 26 posts your contributing 01gtp .
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyBalt09
Same.
He posted a story because it's sOmethIng ppl can relate too. We all know truck owners who think they are fast. We all know that rich ppl can be tools at tImes.

If you don't like his story or can't relate to it don't post simple.
Glad to see with all 26 posts your contributing 01gtp .
pardon me for joining 2 years ago and not actually becoming active until a month ago.

Here is another little bit for you dirtysanchez09, please tell me from a logic standpoint what me only posting 26 times has to do with this thread being crap?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes you just have to put people in their place.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:12 PM

Cool story bro. You post is too. Glad we both gave opinions. Let's keep this trash posting going...

Lol at name calling. Your quite the entertainer for 17 year old.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Cool story bro. You post is too. Glad we both gave opinions. Let's keep this trash posting going...

Lol at name calling. Your quite the entertainer for 17 year old.
I'm glad my asumption of you and how you would respond was correct. Thank you for answering my question
Old 11-02-2011, 02:03 PM

I'm glad my asumption of you and how you would respond was correct. Thank you for answering my question
Glad I could appease you. It still doesn't change the fact that trolling forums is childlike. It's really simple as I stated before if you don't care about his post or it's not interesting to you don't read it or post on it.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 PM

Y'all are idiots I heard this new jag wa supposed to have a supercharger.. And actually be fast?? He probably was jus drivin an not racin tho, I drive like that all the time an pay no mind to what the other drivers are doin inside their cars
Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 PM

Glad I could appease you. It still doesn't change the fact that trolling forums is childlike. It's really simple as I stated before if you don't care about his post or it's not interesting to you don't read it or post on it.
Thats the beauty of a public forum. I CAN post what I feel like as long as it is within the forum rules. Same goes for you, you dont like my opinion so you respnd back to me. I hardly consider me hanging out in the war stories area trolling, although the pictureS were apparently too much for you big important "veterans" to handle.

The op posted about racing a rental truck and then about a Jag doing fly-bys. It is a crap thread. I wasn't the only one who thinks that AND I wasn't even the only one who posted either. I'm sorry you cant handle the comical pictures.

Last edited by Slow01GTP; 11-02-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Thats the beauty of a public forum. I CAN post what I feel like as long as it is within the forum rules. Same goes for you, you dont like my opinion so you respnd back to me. I hardly consider me hanging out in the war stories area trolling, although the pictureS were apparently too much for you big important "veterans" to handle.

The op posted about racing a rental truck and then about a Jag doing fly-bys. It is a crap thread. I wasn't the only one who thinks that AND I wasn't even the only one who posted either. I'm sorry you cant handle the comical pictures.
If you like posting funny pictures start a thread about it. Don't post them in an attempt to belittle another member or members post. If you think the story is trash cool move onto another thread and post there if you find it worthy enough of you.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM

I have personally driven the 515hp jag XKR. Its supercharged and fast.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good race man! Now go get a downpipe and a real tune to show him what cobalts can really do!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OP Im glad you and your bro had fun... a dodge ram tried to run my buddy in his blown ls1...was pretty awesome cause he didnt care he that was a truck he just smoked him....like rissa said sometime you got to put someone in their place no matter what they are driving. It would be a cold day in hell if I ever.....ever let a smart car pass me on the road.

As far people with 60k cars or whatever. If I can smash on them with my econobox and I am victorious, I will always smile and laugh not matter how much latte they was drinking and ass massaging the car was doing while they tried to beat me cause a win is a win even in my little rattlebox cobalt. As far as them doing something right to afford the car more power to them. I dont envy or get jealous. I am fighting for my country and the honor in doing so is good enough for me. If God let me get money one day then it will happen if its not meant for me so be it
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM

If you like posting funny pictures start a thread about it. Don't post them in an attempt to belittle another member or members post. If you think the story is trash cool move onto another thread and post there if you find it worthy enough of you.
fair enough, I guess. However, if you cant handle hearing other peoples opinion, positive or negetive, then you shouldn't be posting in a forum to begin with.

Quick Reply: playin around with a jaguar and ram