War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Raced a 5.0 tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Why don’t you look at the whole list. Its taking most cars full boltons 4.10s, and a solid axle to hit 12s or a blower or nitrous. Do you really think your gonna 12s in VERT with DRs, exhaust and 3.73s? Do you know how hard it is to 60' 1.7-1.8 on DRs with an IRS even on a solid?

Yes you're not those people and you're also not the guys running 12s either so those runs are just as good as 12s. See I have real times and I've seen the cars run at the track. Have you ever even seen a Cobra run at the track?

And to call me a newb is not smart thing to do little boy. My 2V will eat your little Cobra up **** it out before you could even blink. My car is well known on the Mustang forums and is even going to be in a magazine, to say the least I know mustangs especially 2V and 4V Modulars. I know racing, I eat sleep and breathe it and I also know your car doesn’t stand a chance in hell to run 12s with those mods.

Hell my car ran 11.64 letting out at the 1000' mark, this was on trashed bone stock auto, stock heads and 10-12psi.
Yes, I do believe its still possible considering there are plenty on the mustang forums Im at doing it.

Vert doesnt matter. Take out the spare, seats, some interior, and me weighing in at 175 lbs, BAM! Not much of a weight difference at all, if any.

By the way, that would be exhaust, CAI, tune, DR's and 3.73's. You missed a few mods there.

I called you a NEWB because u said the cobra is only good for 14's. Its good for 13's and 12's, not 14's.

Youre going to have to agree to disagree because I believe its possible and it makes sense to me. Its going to be hard, and Im sure its not an easy task, BUT its still attainable.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Why don’t you look at the whole list. Its taking most cars full boltons 4.10s, and a solid axle to hit 12s or a blower or nitrous. Do you really think your gonna 12s in VERT with DRs, exhaust and 3.73s? Do you know how hard it is to 60' 1.7-1.8 on DRs with an IRS even on a solid?

Yes you're not those people and you're also not the guys running 12s either so those runs are just as good as 12s. See I have real times and I've seen the cars run at the track. Have you ever even seen a Cobra run at the track?

And to call me a newb is not smart thing to do little boy. My 2V will eat your little Cobra up **** it out before you could even blink. My car is well known on the Mustang forums and is even going to be in a magazine, to say the least I know mustangs especially 2V and 4V Modulars. I know racing, I eat sleep and breathe it and I also know your car doesn’t stand a chance in hell to run 12s with those mods.

Hell my car ran 11.64 letting out at the 1000' mark, this was on trashed bone stock auto, stock heads and 10-12psi.
nice car man it realy ran in the 11s that is pretty fast. some people just dont understand that a second on a 1/4 mile is a lot. if you knock off another 1/2 sec you've acomplished somthing. As for the cobalt ill probably never race it but Hahn racecraft had a 290hp cobalt that barely broke 13s. The best i got out of my auto 94 gt was 13.77 its kinda wore out now. Thats with no power adder 3.55 gears does that sound right. See if you can guess my hp for giggles.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Yes, I do believe its still possible considering there are plenty on the mustang forums Im at doing it.

Vert doesnt matter. Take out the spare, seats, some interior, and me weighing in at 175 lbs, BAM! Not much of a weight difference at all, if any.

By the way, that would be exhaust, CAI, tune, DR's and 3.73's. You missed a few mods there.

I called you a NEWB because u said the cobra is only good for 14's. Its good for 13's and 12's, not 14's.

Youre going to have to agree to disagree because I believe its possible and it makes sense to me. Its going to be hard, and Im sure its not an easy task, BUT its still attainable.
You don’t think a vert matters, how about the fact they don’t 60’ as well or the body flexes more, and then the weight. Hmm yea that doesn’t matter at all. Do you think the CAI and tune is worth that much maybe 15rwhp at the most. LOL

Lets see all these Cobras. Links? What websites are you on because SVT Performance is going to have the largest number of 99-01 Cobras out there. Hell I showed you over 50 99-01 Cobras.

Originally Posted by Le5speed
nice car man it realy ran in the 11s that is pretty fast. some people just dont understand that a second on a 1/4 mile is a lot. if you knock off another 1/2 sec you've acomplished somthing. As for the cobalt ill probably never race it but Hahn racecraft had a 290hp cobalt that barely broke 13s. The best i got out of my auto 94 gt was 13.77 its kinda wore out now. Thats with no power adder 3.55 gears does that sound right. See if you can guess my hp for giggles.
Thanks man. Actually the car should be in the 10s this year. I’ve added more boost, a bigger blower, built auto, 3200 stall, proper gearing, and got a killer tune for it. I think with all those mods plus the .1-.2 I lost letting off at the 1000’ mark I should be easily in the 10s.

Not to mention this car is pretty much my DD and all the times I’ve ran have been on street legal DRs. Plus it still pulls 16mpg mixed driving and around 18 on the highway.

As for your GT I would say just off the top of my head 250-260rwhp which would be 290-300hp at the crank. I think 13.7s is pretty good for a 94 since the 94-95s were dogs from factory. A buddy of mine has a built 95 with a 101mm turbo on it and that car is SICK. Not to mention the turbo is the size of my head. LOL
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Post pics of both your mustangs.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Post pics of both your mustangs.
Me?

Some of the Shelby don't have many since it never gets drove (2,985 miles since Nov 06):

Here is what the GT used to look like (It was a hell of a sleeper)

New GT Pics:

Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 PM

veryyyy nice dude
Old 07-08-2008, 10:56 PM

Thanks man!

Here are a few more of the Shelby:

Plus the Money Shot of the GT:
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 PM

holy crap. thats a procharger right? how much psi? what kinda numbers are you making with that puppy? dude i envy you soo much. madd props. pm me if you dont want others to know the numbers. i wont say anything keep up the good work!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by restonSS
holy crap. thats a procharger right?
Nope, thats a Vortech.
Good choice on the white.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 PM

holy crap. thats a procharger right? how much psi? what kinda numbers are you making with that puppy? dude i envy you soo much. madd props. pm me if you dont want others to know the numbers. i wont say anything keep up the good work!
Its a Vortech T-Trim running lowish boost 14-16psi.

The car is making over 500rwhp on a Dynojet. The crazy thing is its on stock heads and even stock TB/Plenum. LOL I was told with just a TB/Plenum I could pick up 25+rwhp do to the boost Im making plus another 50-75rwhp with heads.

I'm going to order and TB/Plenum this year and then prolly spray a 50-75shot next year on it.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 PM

On my last GT I had the PP 75mm T/B and a C&L Plenum.Good quality of the price.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 PM

wow man, props to that. dude nitrous? seriously? haha just get the heads and that will be a consistent 50-75 whp. i wish i could see this baby with my own eyes. i cant tell you how much i love seeing actually fast mustangs cause it makes everyone else stfu. its like actually have a fast honda civic, only way more horsepower and way cooler; and less rice
Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 AM

wow man, props to that. dude nitrous? seriously? haha just get the heads and that will be a consistent 50-75 whp. i wish i could see this baby with my own eyes. i cant tell you how much i love seeing actually fast mustangs cause it makes everyone else stfu. its like actually have a fast honda civic, only way more horsepower and way cooler; and less rice
Oh yea doin the Nitrous, a 50shot on a blower car is like a 75-100shot on a NA car. Plus I don't want to pull my heads off again (would be 3rd time) at least not for a while. Might be a winter project next year.

Haha yea I know what you mean, its cool seeing fast lower modle mustangs. I've always been way more impressed with a fast GT than a fast 03/04 Cobra. When I go to the track people flock around the car after I make a pass to see what I got. They freak when I tell them its just a GT. LOL

Speaking of fast hondas there is a 90s civic where Im from that is fast as hell. Ran 11.7@135mph with a 2.6 60'. I haven't raced him but I know hed blow my doors off from a roll. LOL
Old 07-09-2008, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Helltime
LIES! Go to foureyedpride or some other mustang sites, look and research, there are some 100% STOCK 5.0s that have run 13.8s and 13.9s in the 1/4. It doesn't happen all the time, but it HAS happened

I'm not going to waste my time looking on Mustang sites. I belong to 2, and have owned 4 Mustangs over the years. I currently have an 07 GT that's my daily driver.

If you want to believe that there are 15-23 year old bone stock Mustangs left, and that they, out of the hundreds of thousands produced, can somehow break 13's when none of the other one's did, please, be a happy Kool Aid drinker.

Fact: 1985 through 1993 5 liter Foxbody's ran mid 14's (on a good day) to low 15's (every other day).

By the way, good choice on the 85 GT. It's my favorite year Fox.

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-09-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: new
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'm not going to waste my time looking on Mustang sites. I belong to 2, and have owned 4 Mustangs over the years. I currently have an 07 GT that's my daily driver.

If you want to believe that there are 15-23 year old bone stock Mustangs left, and that they, out of the hundreds of thousands produced, can somehow break 13's when none of the other one's did, please, be a happy Kool Aid drinker.

Fact: 1985 through 1993 5 liter Foxbody's ran mid 14's (on a good day) to low 15's (every other day).

By the way, good choice on the 85 GT. It's my favorite year Fox.
I'm talking when they were new, not worn out yet. But what ever, i don't see why people have to get worked up over **** though (not saying you are tho, talkin about others in the thread). Doesn't matter what the car is capable of UNLESS you are talking about yours, with YOUR driving and what ever mods YOU have. All i know is if i line up against a cobalt SS at the track, stage 2 or not, i am going to give it a run for its money if i don't beat it. But i sure as hell aint going to talk **** about it if i do beat it

Thanks btw, it took me several years to find an 85 GT with a manual the way i wanted My favorite year of the foxes too.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Helltime
I'm talking when they were new, not worn out yet. But what ever, i don't see why people have to get worked up over **** though (not saying you are tho, talkin about others in the thread). Doesn't matter what the car is capable of UNLESS you are talking about yours, with YOUR driving and what ever mods YOU have. All i know is if i line up against a cobalt SS at the track, stage 2 or not, i am going to give it a run for its money if i don't beat it. But i sure as hell aint going to talk **** about it if i do beat it

Thanks btw, it took me several years to find an 85 GT with a manual the way i wanted My favorite year of the foxes too.
Agreed,there are somethings that don't need to be bragged about. A V8 vs. 4 cyl race is predetermined by most to have the advantage going to the V8. If you win, it's expected, if you lose, then you have to hear about getting spanked by a car with half an engine.

Talking **** about beating a 4 cylinder is like telling everyone you beat up your sister.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 AM

Thanks man. Actually the car should be in the 10s this year. I’ve added more boost, a bigger blower, built auto, 3200 stall, proper gearing, and got a killer tune for it. I think with all those mods plus the .1-.2 I lost letting off at the 1000’ mark I should be easily in the 10s.

Not to mention this car is pretty much my DD and all the times I’ve ran have been on street legal DRs. Plus it still pulls 16mpg mixed driving and around 18 on the highway.

As for your GT I would say just off the top of my head 250-260rwhp which would be 290-300hp at the crank. I think 13.7s is pretty good for a 94 since the 94-95s were dogs from factory. A buddy of mine has a built 95 with a 101mm turbo on it and that car is SICK. Not to mention the turbo is the size of my head. LOL[/QUOTE]

You are good thats about right. They only had about 215-235 factory at the crank i believe. And they were heavy. I cant help myself i love those cars ive had 3 of em and wish i could have kept them all. They are not as refined as the newer modular engine wich made it feel somewhat nastalgic. The post 86 5.0 with mass air metering is very easy to get another 100 out of. Make it breath headers, intake, uper and lower, h-pipe, throttle body and mass air. put it together with a reflash or something simple and your there.