War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Scythe_Snake vs Big Turbo Supra (1st Death on current setup)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Scythe_Snake vs Big Turbo Supra (1st Death on current setup)

So I am totally stoked to post this story. A serious car, with serious horsepower! So first off here is my mod list:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/pict...d-list-263582/

Supra had a big 60 trim, turbo back exhaust, full bolt ons, big greddy FMIC, 272 cams, and tonight he was on c16. As he was using the rest of his barrel just to get rid of it before he put his car up.

So basically I'm coming from work to go to hooters to meet up wushu a bunch of my "crew" and just chill. It's about 12 am with dry roads, when a charger SRT-8 does a mini flyby on me. Has exhaust at minimum. So I catch up, drop it into 3rd and give him some wastegate and bov. So I get behind him, traffic opens up when he is about 3 cars ahead of me and he hits it. So I hit it too. 3rd spins a bit, but catches traction and it's something like me doing a flyby on him, except he was gunning it too.

So then I get to the hooters and meet up with a few of the guys. 2sipras. One on stock twins, the other the one I get to sit down with later. Both teo good friends of mine. Let me preface this. Y saying I USUALLY don't race fiends due to the drama that could ensue, but tonight was a bit different as I knew the guy wouldn't be like that.

But there is a 700whp rb26 Silvia there, another 240 with a Lamborghini paint job, a nasty Evo 8, and a gtp. And of course me.

So we start cruising and we are rolling deep. Everyone had some heat! And we were hunting like a pack of wild dogs! So we roll up on a SL55 amg! Me and the Evo surround it and try to egg the guy into sitting down with us. But he didn't. But then this dark green supra rolls up to try too. Again the guy doesn't do anything.

So at this point in 3 separate lanes, its me a bit back in the right, the e p in the middle, and the supra in the left. The Evo guy had my "mentor" an old guy in the car scene named "milt" lol, and he said "hey man. Run Al and see how the car does!" so I said...**** why not.
PS, he has no front bumper on the car now so his BIG FMIC IS GETTING a ton of the 48 degree weather lol.

So we line up and it was sloppy, we both didn't wait for honks or anything so I won't "bore" you with that one. Lol. Keep in mind I'm only on 27psi tube and not my 30psi kill mode.

But we sit down again. We are going 60 mph and we both are in 3rd. So I honk it while he brake boosts. We both spin hard and we both catch traction around the same time. He bumps ahead about 3/4ths of a car but I reel him in by the top of 3rd and we are even, he has already shifted to 4th (fireball). Then I shift to 4th and pull ahead half a car! Boom, he shifts to 5th (6 speed), and drops back about a full car. I'm revving our 4th with about a car and a half on him. So we're MOVING. Usually I stop at the top of 4th but it was so close that I just went all the way. Boom, (fireball) I shift to 5th and the overdrive gear pretty my h falls on its face lol, and that supra's long legs (tall gears) just winded out and he got a good car and ahead on me before he and I just let off. Lol. We gave each other the thumbs up and told each other how good of a race it was he said "that's the nastiest cobalt around dude! Shots nasty! Never had a Balt anywhere near keep up with me!" so I was pumped! I love challenges and we are both good friends and mature about it. So then I just criisrd and chills for the rest of the time. He got off a bit earlier than I did as well.

Hope you all enjoyed the read. I'm sending this on my phone. So much texting!!!

Here is a quick video I was unaware of of a quick mini pull we did! Video car is a GT35r Evo 8

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 11-01-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time for the 6 speed conversion.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
lol cool *waits for supra haters to chime in*
Old 10-29-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
Time for the 6 speed conversion.
Nah. Can't win 'em all! And i'm happy, it was a good race against a serious car! My buddy has a bigger turbo WAITING to go in anywho Its gunna have 400 more whp soon :P

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
I dunno why they'd hate. They are serious cars and have legs uptop for days. And it was a good race. Cobalt can't win 'em all. :P
Old 10-29-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
I don't think there are any logical people that hate supras, they are beastly ass cars.

-Ryan, was that supra on a stock block and lower end? I wouldn't count that as a loss really, well how bout a draw... lol some cars just have longer legs than a cobalt lol... In a long enough run a vette would eventually catch you lol... eventually.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Nice run! Next Spring we need to all meet up. I need a ride in this car!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This wasnt your guy with the green supra that pulled up to CED calling out dude with the vette was it?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:45 PM

Sure was! Lol
Old 10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

thats movin somethin fierce. i've yet to real out 4th gear but it'll still take to me 160 without a problem. i think my 4th ends around 171 or 172. too bad you didn't get a video. sick race
Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Sure was! Lol
hahahaha i had a hunch... dude i cant wait till that thing is done
Old 10-31-2011, 04:28 PM

I dunno why they'd hate. They are serious cars and have legs uptop for days. And it was a good race. Cobalt can't win 'em all. :P
I think a lot of the hate comes from the Supras putting down massive dyno numbers, and then they put up mediocre numbers on the track. Your story proves why they put up poor track numbers for the power they make though. They just aren't geared well for low end acceleration. They do their work on a long run where they can really stretch their legs.

Lag from the massive turbos people run doesn't help in the 1/4 either

I personally love them, and it's definitely a car I would like to own one day just for ***** and giggles.

Great run, and way to represent the intelligent people in the community!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by BooSSted
I think a lot of the hate comes from the Supras putting down massive dyno numbers, and then they put up mediocre numbers on the track. Your story proves why they put up poor track numbers for the power they make though. They just aren't geared well for low end acceleration. They do their work on a long run where they can really stretch their legs.

Lag from the massive turbos people run doesn't help in the 1/4 either

I personally love them, and it's definitely a car I would like to own one day just for ***** and giggles.

Great run, and way to represent the intelligent people in the community!
Wow, thanks a ton man. I'm truly honored by that compliment. I still remember it in the "old" days I still try to represent all of us "OG"'s in a positive light.

Here is a quick video I was unaware of of a quick mini pull we did! Video car is a GT35r Evo 8

Old 11-01-2011, 12:50 PM

Sweet video
Old 11-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
beastly cars ...good runs man
Old 11-02-2011, 02:07 PM

thanks guys!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Very nice run man, both cars move out
Old 11-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Thanks man. It was definitely a fun race!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM

your car is ******* crazy i can't believe i am just reading about it on here
i am so jealous you made so much power on stock block
Old 11-04-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
your car is ******* crazy i can't believe i am just reading about it on here
i am so jealous you made so much power on stock block
Thanks man I appreciate it. Ive been around a bit, but I sint tend to say too much lol. Only every now and then. The motor is built nor and making more power.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:27 PM

Another good run. I think I will have to switch to e 85 this winter.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Thanks man I appreciate it. Ive been around a bit, but I sint tend to say too much lol. Only every now and then. The motor is built nor and making more power.
your welcome i always appreciate a fast car. I am pulling my motor this week to get everything checked out and see exactly what went wrong, after i get it back running i will start saving for a real build lol i am trying to hold out for the efr from zzp but i am just do a gtx or the bullseye
Old 11-05-2011, 01:27 AM

damm awesome race man. that balt is deff moving lol. i dont know if i enjoyed the way you tell the race or the vid it self haha
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM

I think the question needs to be asked: Whats next so that you can beat the Supra?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by evolve
I think the question needs to be asked: Whats next so that you can beat the Supra?
With what that guy has planned for the supra he would have to invest lots of money into the balt. If i remember correctly the supra owner has a 3.4L stroker waiting to be put in with a tiny turbo to go along with it and all supporting mods.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by evolve
Wow, sorry I never responded to this. Im not out to beat the supra. I enjoy my car where its at, and Im not too competitive. Al is a friend of mine as well, and I never compete with friends. It just leads way to **** talking bad bad things happening in the future. If a car can beat me, I take my hats off, smile and shake hands.

PS - as bart said i would have to make the cobalt a damned race car almost to beat what he is going to be doing.

Quick Reply: Scythe_Snake vs Big Turbo Supra (1st Death on current setup)