War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Should i have kept my sti?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
I definately don't have two user names. I guess more than one person knows whatever car you're driving is THE BEST!
Not the best, the BEST EVER. Better than gods car *cough* *cough*

Originally Posted by Rissa
And how whenever he gets one he somehow knows every single thing about it and how much better it is compared to everything else.
You are correct. Thank you for pointing that out.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:59 PM

e-peen lulz
Old 12-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Good thing I have my boots, the **** youre spewing is getting pretty thick. The 2010 evo X was tested at a 1/4 mile of 14 secs flat. The evo IX was tested at 13.4. The average driver in the X nets low 14's high 13's like I said. I searched around the forums in the X section and found nothing to show different. The stock IX has been 13.0 flat and supposedly malibujack on evom.net achieved a 12.9 in his. Thats a significant difference in the 1/4 mile. And honestly, the small hp difference between the IX and X WILL NOT make up for the extra 400 lbs the X has to haul down the track. This is why it takes less power to make the IX faster.

Both the X and the IX were rated at a 3:13 around the lightning lap. The driver determines the outcome, not the jackasses at ur track. The cars are about equally matched, except the X would fall short in the straight aways because of its added weight.

A full on rally/auto-x built 9 would beat an X. If you want to get into that game, the 9 has already been there and done that. The X has catching up to do, and maybe someday it will be there. I still have a hard time seeing it because of all that pig fat the X needs to lose. And in response to your vendor support comments, NO **** THEYRE GONNA PICK UP THE EVO X. They already built the 9 to what it is, and cashed out on it. NOW theyre moving on to the next profit. It isnt that the X is better, its the fact that $ is $ and businesses need to constantly change to accomodate new markets.

As for your exhaust pricing.

Since u brought up buschur:

Catback only $850:

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...oducts_id=1253

Thats just the catback. And look what we have here:

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/M...0-exhaust.html

$449.95 for the DP, and $349.95 for the resonated test pipe. Pretty expensive for quality parts, and vendors you mentioned.

I never said ur exhaust costs that much, however the vendors u mentioned are the most expensive, and I threw 1500 out there as a ballpark because I knew it would be close to what youd spend.

Yes, all my ricer math based on what the cars have actually done. If I use ricer math, you must just be full of **** I guess?

Flaws in your argument:

Link me to 14 seconds flat for the 2010 Evo X. And dont make it some dudes youtube channel. You wanted to compare fastest stock to stock. Support your mouth kid. I never, anywhere, said that the X was faster in the 1/4 mile than any predecessor. You make it out to be that the 8/9s CRUSH the 10's. Thats simply just not true.

Lightning Lap!? Is that the end be-all end all of the tracks out there? Isnt the lightning lap the same race where the Cobalt SS/TC beat out the X? OMG, that means it beat out the IX too! *Perspective* you dont have it.

Still hung on the rally thing. Again, i dont know what you are getting at as the X is being phased in. Now you not only know better than me, but better than the manufacturer, teams and sponsors.

For the 3rd time, you have no clue what i bought or what i paid for anything on my car, current or previous. All i can say is my parts dont come from ebay. They didnt on my 9 either. There is nothing wrong with a budget build. Everyone has to have one. But dont try to tell the people that can afford quality parts that they are over paying or that somehow your cheaper part is superior. As an example, the AMS downpipe for the X is cast, not welded. This means that under the high heat generated and engine flex there are no welds to stress thus being a higher quality piece compared to a welded unit. Of course its more money, but a better product too.

To the OP - sorry for hijacking
Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was being sarcastic, and I'd rather have an LSanything over an evo, so sure Slow Sho, I'll marry you ahhaha.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM

Road and Track just tested a Evo X MR and they got 13.2@103 out of it. hardly a 14 flat.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned

Not the best, the BEST EVER. Better than gods car *cough* *cough*
I take it you're referring to my car? Sorry, but your rattle trap shunty ass Evo in no way compares to a GTO. I have friends with Evo's, I've spent hours behind the wheel of them, it's a nice car to beat the **** out of relentlessly, like a cheap *****. However, not something I'd ever take home. The Evo X on the other hand seems to be much nicer. I might drive one of those if they weren't so overly expensive for what they are.

Originally Posted by Rissa
I was being sarcastic, and I'd rather have an LSanything over an evo, so sure Slow Sho, I'll marry you ahhaha.
<3
Old 12-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Sunburst Kid
Flaws in your argument:

Link me to 14 seconds flat for the 2010 Evo X. And dont make it some dudes youtube channel. You wanted to compare fastest stock to stock. Support your mouth kid. I never, anywhere, said that the X was faster in the 1/4 mile than any predecessor. You make it out to be that the 8/9s CRUSH the 10's. Thats simply just not true.

Lightning Lap!? Is that the end be-all end all of the tracks out there? Isnt the lightning lap the same race where the Cobalt SS/TC beat out the X? OMG, that means it beat out the IX too! *Perspective* you dont have it.

Still hung on the rally thing. Again, i dont know what you are getting at as the X is being phased in. Now you not only know better than me, but better than the manufacturer, teams and sponsors.

For the 3rd time, you have no clue what i bought or what i paid for anything on my car, current or previous. All i can say is my parts dont come from ebay. They didnt on my 9 either. There is nothing wrong with a budget build. Everyone has to have one. But dont try to tell the people that can afford quality parts that they are over paying or that somehow your cheaper part is superior. As an example, the AMS downpipe for the X is cast, not welded. This means that under the high heat generated and engine flex there are no welds to stress thus being a higher quality piece compared to a welded unit. Of course its more money, but a better product too.

To the OP - sorry for hijacking
2010 EVO X MR according to car and driver:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ing-quick_spin

2006 evo 9:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...w/specs_page_2

I looked on the forums, and I could not find a low 13's stock evo X on there. I did see a bunch of high 13's, and low 14's. I did find a 13 flat stock evo 9 though. I have been putting the facts out there. You havent posted anything supporting ur claims.

Lightning lap is NOT the end all, however the drivers are above average and it gives a general basis of what to expect from the cars. Its not the absolute standard, however it is a generic idea of what to expect. In those respects, the ix and x are about equal. And as I said, if there was more straightway involved on the track, the advantage would go to the ix since it is a bit quicker and 400 lbs lighter.

My whole point on ur exhaust was simply why not spend the money on more parts instead of having a "nice" sounding exhaust? If I had a choice, I would much rather spend that extra money on internals, or parts that really matter and make a difference. I just cant justify spending over 1k on a full exhaust when I can get it for much cheaper. And as I said, the 1500 was a ballpark based on the vendors you listed. Im pretty sure my guess is pretty damn close to that amount, especially if ur not buying from ebay.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM

2006 evo 9:

I looked on the forums, and I could not find a low 13's stock evo X on there. I did see a bunch of high 13's, and low 14's. I did find a 13 flat stock evo 9 though. I have been putting the facts out there. You havent posted anything supporting ur claims.

Lightning lap is NOT the end all, however the drivers are above average and it gives a general basis of what to expect from the cars. Its not the absolute standard, however it is a generic idea of what to expect. In those respects, the ix and x are about equal. And as I said, if there was more straightway involved on the track, the advantage would go to the ix since it is a bit quicker and 400 lbs lighter.

My whole point on ur exhaust was simply why not spend the money on more parts instead of having a "nice" sounding exhaust? If I had a choice, I would much rather spend that extra money on internals, or parts that really matter and make a difference. I just cant justify spending over 1k on a full exhaust when I can get it for much cheaper. And as I said, the 1500 was a ballpark based on the vendors you listed. Im pretty sure my guess is pretty damn close to that amount, especially if ur not buying from ebay.
did you read what it said next to the 1/4 mile time?? (C/D est) that means Car and Driver estimate.

here is a link to a actual test of the car, not an estimate.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...touring_page_2
Old 12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

2006 evo 9:

dont use the automatic evo mr lol. the 5speed evo gsr is a mid to low 13 second car still.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM

I take it you're referring to my car? Sorry, but your rattle trap shunty ass Evo in no way compares to a GTO. I have friends with Evo's, I've spent hours behind the wheel of them, it's a nice car to beat the **** out of relentlessly, like a cheap *****. However, not something I'd ever take home. The Evo X on the other hand seems to be much nicer. I might drive one of those if they weren't so overly expensive for what they are.

<3
not to be a dick but i really wanted a GTO and after test driving one all i can say is. the car has a great engine and seats and thats it. that car was a huge disapointment in my book.

then again i dont think the Evo X is worth 40K+
Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Well, other people just about summed it up by the posts above. [/Thread]
Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 PM

anyone else want some beef and broccolli??? i'm ****** huuuungry.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM

It really doen't matter at this point does it?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:53 PM

This post in directed mostly towards 1BAD and it will be long.

I want to start off by saying that I love EVO's. I always have and always will. But some of the things that you state are not completely true.

1st, you basically say EVO>STI. How? Is it because it comes stock with a twin scroll turbo that will make more power with mods than a STI will with its single scroll? Who cares?

The STI 6 speed is far greater than any EVO tranny ever. The symetrical AWD is better and the drivetrain is all and all just stronger. There have been many stock STI's that have gone 13 flat and the record is 12.8, so what does that mean to you? Doesn't that prove the STI is better stock for stock?

The interior quality is leaps and bounds better until the X came out and even then it is still better IMO.

In 2007 STI's came out with the longer geared tranny which makes it better for drag racing while still keeping you in the power band for other styles of racing. I could go on and on about which one is better but in the end it is all about who has more money and mods in their car.

I do agree with you that the AWD is awesome and anyone that says they don't like the AWD is just plain making ignorant excuses for why they bought a FW or RW car.

You have got to stop doing this-> my car is better than your car just because it is now what you have parked in your driveway. It wasn't long ago that you swore up and down how much better your CSRT4 was better than my STI. I laughed for days, heck I'm still laughing about that one.

A couple of weeks ago I had a guy say he wanted to race my STI. He has an LS2 GTO. I told him no because he wanted to do it on the street. Not one time did I dog on his car even though I knew from a stop I would destroy him. Even from a roll I feel my STI has it on him. He went on and on about all the mods he had done, so I asked him to pop the hood and start the car. There wasn't one mod done, not one, but I didn't say anything to show him up. I found out later that it wasn't even his car, it was his wifes car and he was unemployed and she was the breadwinner. I laughed about this but I didn't once rag on the guy. Do you see my point? I'm not saying "Be like me", I'm saying "Quit being a clown to everyone on this forum just because you now own what you feel is God's car!"

Hopefully we can remain E-friends?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by 06SS/SC
This post in directed mostly towards 1BAD and it will be long.

I want to start off by saying that I love EVO's. I always have and always will. But some of the things that you state are not completely true.

1st, you basically say EVO>STI. How? Is it because it comes stock with a twin scroll turbo that will make more power with mods than a STI will with its single scroll? Who cares?

The STI 6 speed is far greater than any EVO tranny ever. The symetrical AWD is better and the drivetrain is all and all just stronger. There have been many stock STI's that have gone 13 flat and the record is 12.8, so what does that mean to you? Doesn't that prove the STI is better stock for stock?

The interior quality is leaps and bounds better until the X came out and even then it is still better IMO.

In 2007 STI's came out with the longer geared tranny which makes it better for drag racing while still keeping you in the power band for other styles of racing. I could go on and on about which one is better but in the end it is all about who has more money and mods in their car.

I do agree with you that the AWD is awesome and anyone that says they don't like the AWD is just plain making ignorant excuses for why they bought a FW or RW car.

You have got to stop doing this-> my car is better than your car just because it is now what you have parked in your driveway. It wasn't long ago that you swore up and down how much better your CSRT4 was better than my STI. I laughed for days, heck I'm still laughing about that one.

A couple of weeks ago I had a guy say he wanted to race my STI. He has an LS2 GTO. I told him no because he wanted to do it on the street. Not one time did I dog on his car even though I knew from a stop I would destroy him. Even from a roll I feel my STI has it on him. He went on and on about all the mods he had done, so I asked him to pop the hood and start the car. There wasn't one mod done, not one, but I didn't say anything to show him up. I found out later that it wasn't even his car, it was his wifes car and he was unemployed and she was the breadwinner. I laughed about this but I didn't once rag on the guy. Do you see my point? I'm not saying "Be like me", I'm saying "Quit being a clown to everyone on this forum just because you now own what you feel is God's car!"

Hopefully we can remain E-friends?
basically all 1BAD is doing is the same thing every car owner does when he/she takes pride in their car... they try to convince people it's the best car out there. everyone does it, especially here on nub.net.

i like STY?s, but mod for mod the Evo is more performance friendly. i have friends with STIs, and even they agree with that statement. not everything is based on stock performance. lets be honest... how many guys do you know with tuner cars that actually left it bone stock? both great cars (STI and EVO) i preach AWD> all others. <--- it's time to leave it at that.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223
basically all 1BAD is doing is the same thing every car owner does when he/she takes pride in their car... they try to convince people it's the best car out there. everyone does it, especially here on nub.net.

i like STY?s, but mod for mod the Evo is more performance friendly. i have friends with STIs, and even they agree with that statement. not everything is based on stock performance. lets be honest... how many guys do you know with tuner cars that actually left it bone stock? both great cars (STI and EVO) i preach AWD> all others. <--- it's time to leave it at that.
I agree with you. Mod for mod the engine of the EVO responds better but that doesn't completely define which car is better. I'm an STI guy but I will tell you this, if I didn't own a STI, I would own an EVO. If I could convince my wife, I would have both in the driveway right now!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223

Well said and agreed.

I agree with you. Mod for mod the engine of the EVO responds better but that doesn't completely define which car is better. I'm an STI guy but I will tell you this, if I didn't own a STI, I would own an EVO. If I could convince my wife, I would have both in the driveway right now!
Well said and agreed too.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 AM

All we need is 1bad to agree and the group nuthug will be complete....
Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 AM

rabble rabble rabbble
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM

I was actually looking at an sti before the evo. I do have a friend with one, and he dumped over 20k into the engine. Hes only making around 450 awhp, but he also has the turbo conservatively tuned since its his DD. I also raced him in my CSRT and from a 60 roll he couldnt shake me. We went from 60-125, and he couldnt get away. All I had for mods was a DP, stage 1 PCM, CAI, WGA, and a map clamp. He has an upgraded turbo and all.

What steered me away is the fact that the sti seems to have a worse top end because of gearing. I raced a 2.8", meth lsj in my evo and kept dead even. I used to beat stock sti's in my stage 2 ss/sc from any roll.

Anywho, my biggest issues with the sti is the cost to mod, theyre a bitch to work on, and the gearing. Sure, you can make the STI and EVO equal in all aspects however it just seems to cost so much more for the STI. I dont even know why all the sti parts are so damn expensive. I guess for my broke ass the EVO is the better of the two.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
I know STi's cost more than SS/TC's do brand new, but if you lost your job and didnt know what you were gonna do about money, I wouldnt have went and bought a 20k+ car. But that is just me. A tune only SS/TC is gonna take down an STi from a roll everytime. I've raced 3 different STi's and beat all of them. Now granted, unless I have slicks or DR's I'm sure I would get beat by one from a dig, but the SS/TC is a great car for the price. Not sure what you're looking for, if you're pissed because you think the STi is a better performer, or just because of the name.
But what are the chances that you are going to come up against a stock STI, I would think that most of the people that would be inclined to race would be modded! That's probably why all the people on this thread are making fun of you.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

I was actually looking at an sti before the evo. I do have a friend with one, and he dumped over 20k into the engine. Hes only making around 450 awhp, but he also has the turbo conservatively tuned since its his DD. I also raced him in my CSRT and from a 60 roll he couldnt shake me. We went from 60-125, and he couldnt get away. All I had for mods was a DP, stage 1 PCM, CAI, WGA, and a map clamp. He has an upgraded turbo and all.

What steered me away is the fact that the sti seems to have a worse top end because of gearing. I raced a 2.8", meth lsj in my evo and kept dead even. I used to beat stock sti's in my stage 2 ss/sc from any roll.

Anywho, my biggest issues with the sti is the cost to mod, theyre a bitch to work on, and the gearing. Sure, you can make the STI and EVO equal in all aspects however it just seems to cost so much more for the STI. I dont even know why all the sti parts are so damn expensive. I guess for my broke ass the EVO is the better of the two.
Cliffs:

1bad's SS/SC better than STi, check
1bad's SRT4 better than 20k built STi, check
1bad's EVO better than STi, check
1bad's cars all the best, check
Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 AM

Cliffs:

1bad's SS/SC better than STi, check
1bad's SRT4 better than 20k built STi, check
1bad's EVO better than STi, check
1bad's cars all the best, check
Cliffs on slow_sho's css.net existence:

slow thinks his gto is faster than all cobalts, check
slow is a troll, check
slow has always been a troll, check
slow fits the stereotypical gods car mentality, check
slow thinks he can run low 12's, high 11's with few bolt ons, check
slow thinks his car dynos higher than other cars running the same mods, check

Hello kettle, meet pot.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned

Cliffs on slow_sho's css.net existence:

slow thinks his gto is faster than all cobalts, check
slow is a troll, check
slow has always been a troll, check
slow fits the stereotypical gods car mentality, check
slow thinks he can run low 12's, high 11's with few bolt ons, check

Hello kettle, meet pot.
Thinks? It's been done lol
Don't bring my car into this discussion, it's not about my car.

This is about you having OMG THE BEST every 3 months when you get a new car. What I'm wondering is if all the cars you buy are, at the time, the best, why do you end up getting a different one soon after???
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Thinks? It's been done lol
Don't bring my car into this discussion, it's not about my car.

This is about you having OMG THE BEST every 3 months when you get a new car. What I'm wondering is if all the cars you buy are, at the time, the best, why do you end up getting a different one soon after???
Sure it has....

And as I said, you can accuse me of ur accusations but it doesnt mean jack because you do the same thing yourself. How many threads have you made bashing the cobalt? Calling people out? Please dude.

And really, lemme sum it up for you:

LSJ = lemon
SVT = totalled
CSRT4 = mopar

Any questions?

Quick Reply: Should i have kept my sti?????