War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS S/C vs EVO MR

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres just a few people on this forum that are never wrong EVER no matter what... i guess.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BlurpleSS
buddy, i think you're confused. you see, if you read the O.P. you'll see that it was the evo that challenged the cobalt. it's not the cobalt's fault that the evo wanted to roll race. there for it can be stated as fact that the race was justified and counts.
don't worry he's always the contriversial one in the thread...he acts like he's so smart and knows all this stuff but yet...where is he...lol Here's talking to us. Not working as an engineer at GM or in a Pitcrew, or a pro racer for that matter...lol
Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Maybe you shouldn't race on street then.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. So it's EVO and STI drivers faults that there cars were designed with AWD? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Let's just face facts. People go from a roll because they can't drive worth a **** in a real drag race and are scared of AWD vehicles.

That's why people make such excuses when they run drag races and have 2.6 60ft times.
yeah cause if u see i run a 2.1 60' which is pretty damn good in this car considering im on alsmot bald stockers
Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 AM

@ all the people who think roll racing is real. It's not. There are no roll races. Once they add in rolling 1/4 tracks, then we'll start counting it as real.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

This thread is hilarious.

Of course a roll race is still a race. Hence the name roll RACE. Does it NOT show who's car is faster? So isn't that a RACE? In fact, it's more accurate at showing who's car is faster because it eliminates the launching part which does nothing more than show who's more willing to break their car.

The real ricers and idiots are you guys saying that "oh he would have beat you from a dig". That makes you BENCH racers, which also happens to not be a real form of racing. Guess what, they didn't go from a dig so your opinions on that race are irrelivant. And the other side saying "well if the Cobalt was AWD" are equally stupid because... it isn't!

FYI, racing from a dig doesn't take any skill either. You're still just driving in a straight line and shifting.

And if you think AWD is easy to launch then you've obviously never done it before, it's significantly harder than FWD or RWD.

I race almost exclusively from rolls because, #1 I don't want people crying that I only beat them because I'm AWD and #2 I don't actually get traction from a dig either. And let's be real. If the car actually has power, traction and throttle control are still an issue even from a 45mph roll.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by AWDstylez

Of course a roll race is still a race. Hence the name roll RACE. Does it NOT show who's car is faster? So isn't that a RACE? In fact, it's more accurate at showing who's car is faster because it eliminate the launching part which does nothing more than show who's more willing to break their car.

The real ricers and idiots are you guys saying that "oh he would have beat you from a dig". That makes you BENCH racers, which also happens to not be a real form of racing. Guess what, they didn't go from a dig so your opinions on that race are irrelivant. And the other side saying "well if the Cobalt was AWD" are equally stupid because... it isn't!

FYI, racing from a dig doesn't take any skill either. You're still just driving in a straight line and shifting.

And if you think AWD is easy to launch then you've obviously never done it before, it's significantly harder than FWD or RWD.
No, racing from a dig requires a LOT of skill and practice, unless you happen to drive a car that can't spin it's tires at all? It's not just mash and go in most cars. Holy crap, who let you out from under your rock? So yes, you can race while rolling, however skill? 0. No worry about spin, nothing. Is there any roll race sanctioned body? No. So go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all filled up here.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 AM

and just just add something to this whole roll racing thing... how does NASCAR start their races? thats right from a roll, so if going from a roll isnt racing i guess NASCAR isnt racing.

Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
No, racing from a dig requires a LOT of skill and practice, unless you happen to drive a car that can't spin it's tires at all? It's not just mash and go in most cars. Holy crap, who let you out from under your rock? So yes, you can race while rolling, however skill? 0. No worry about spin, nothing. Is there any roll race sanctioned body? No. So go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all filled up here.
and if you say no worry of spin obviously u dont have much power, i can go from 40 in 2nd and spin my tires, ask anyone on here with a good amount of power.

Last edited by xskier874; 07-24-2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by xskier874
and just just add something to this whole roll racing thing... how does NASCAR start their races? thats right from a roll, so if going from a roll isnt racing i guess NASCAR isnt racing.
I was waiting for this ricer excuse NASCAR is an endurance race over 500 miles. The person with the single fastest lap time does not always equal the winner. So...unless the cobalt and MR were racing for an endurance race of 500 miles or so, then you can't compare them. Nice try!

and if you say no worry of spin obviously u dont have much power, i can go from 40 in 2nd and spin my tires, ask anyone on here with a good amount of power.
I seriously doubt that highway speeds will have traction issues. Now, if you want, we will say the do. Now, who has more traction problems, the car from a dead stop or the roll? I can't believe I'm arguing such horrible points with you.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 07-24-2007 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Banned

Are you on drugs? No spinning from a roll? Most fast FWD cars don't get traction until 70-80mph and even my AWD car doesn't hook 2nd from a 45mph roll.

If roll racing requires 0 skill, than dig racing requires 0.01 skill.

I'll bet you $999999999999999999999999999 that if we raced from a dig, after I lit you up the first words out of your hypocritical mouth would be, "Yea you only won because you're AWD." or "Yea but I'd beat you if I had traction" or "Yea but I'd beat you from a roll".

I seriously doubt that highway speeds will have traction issues.
You've never driven a fast car. Your opinion is now void.

Last edited by AWDstylez; 07-24-2007 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 01:40 AM

Are you on drugs? No spinning from a roll? Most fast FWD cars don't get traction until 70-80mph and even my AWD car doesn't hook 2nd from a 45mph roll.

I'll bet you $999999999999999999999999999 that if we raced from a dig, after I lit you up the first words out of your hypocritical mouth would be, "Yea you only one because you're AWD." or "Yea but I'd beat you if I had traction" or "Yea but I'd beat you from a roll".
Uh, no, I wouldn't say any of that. Feel free to send me a private message, so I can tell you who to make the check out to, kiddo.

I'll bet you $999999999999999999999999999 that if we raced from a dig, after I lit you up the first words out of your hypocritical mouth would be, "Yea you only one because you're AWD." or "Yea but I'd beat you if I had traction" or "Yea but I'd beat you from a roll".

You've never driven a fast car. Your opinion is now void.
I've never driven a fast car? Trans Ams, Ford Cobras (the real ones, not the Mustang Cobra) and a Lamborghini..none of them count as fast? EDIT: Forgot an AMG can be tossed in there too.

As for my opinion..what's that "Mr. My 87 HP and 108 Torque SC1 beat a 175 HP 205 torque Grand Am GT"?

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 07-24-2007 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned

Anyone that says traction isn't an issue at highway speed has never driven anything fast. I don't care what cars you list off. This is the internet, you can make up anything you want.

I drove a McLaren F1 yesterday and a CCX the day before.

I think you're just sad that your tupperware interior and body cladding garbage Pontiac gets lit up by Evos and this guy beat one. No need to be sad, it's just time for you to get a real car or stop trying to be racer styles in your mom's family sedan.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 AM

this ******* forum is worthless, people argue about everything it could have been a damn aveo and people would be arguing and coming up with excuses that it wasnt a race or i only won cause im supercharged, grow up ********

he challenged me, he lost, he wasnt a dick about it, end of story
Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 AM

Anyone that says traction isn't an issue at highway speed has never driven anything fast. I don't care what cars you list off. This is the internet, you can make up anything you want.

I drove a McLaren F1 yesterday and a CCX the day before.

I think you're just sad that your tupperware interior and body cladding garbage Pontiac gets lit up by Evos and this guy beat one. No need to be sad, it's just time for you to get a real car or stop trying to be racer styles in your mom's family sedan.

Aaaand when someone comes up with a response that you can't argue, you just start babbling about how anyone can list anything and restort to insults
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Banned

As for my opinion..what's that "Mr. My 87 HP and 108 Torque SC1 beat a 175 HP 205 torque Grand Am GT"?
Yea of the 175 rated HP it puts about 115 to the wheels and weights about 1,000lbs more than my SC did.

I think you need to go back and read another issue of Motor Trend captain magazine racer. Go study up on some rated power outputs and come back and number race with me. I love number racing, its almost as gay as dig racing.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 AM

this ******* forum is worthless, people argue about everything it could have been a damn aveo and people would be arguing and coming up with excuses that it wasnt a race or i only won cause im supercharged, grow up ********

eh challenged me, he lost, he wasnt a dick about it, end of story
Grow up? Dude, I've heard that supercharged excuse before myself, so what. If they aren't supercharged, that's their problem. I never said you didn't beat him, I said roll racing is for pansies. How's that? Little more direct and understandable?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Banned

he challenged me, he lost, he wasnt a dick about it, end of story
Welcome to the internet kid. Learn to live with it or leave. You should at least feel special that I'm defending you rather than calling BS on you. That's a rarity.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 AM

Yea of the 175 rated HP it puts about 115 to the wheels and weights about the 1,000lbs more than my SC did.

I think you need to go back and read another issue of Motor Trend captain magazine racer. Go study up on some rated power outputs and come back and number race with me. I love number racing, its almost as gay as dig racing.
And again, your lack of any car knowledge shines through. At 20% DTL, which is what most auto trannies have (some more, some less. I heard a few mustang guys complaining about theirs having slightly more, though I don't know if it was TM or inefficiency), the Grand Am puts down around 140 HP, and that's about what mine dynoed at. The torque would then be at 164 (mine actually dynoed around 167, my HP was lower at 138, but I'll take that). So how is that 115? So you're saying the Grand Am GT actually loses 60 hp through the drive train? That's almost 50% more than what it actually loses So you're saying the Grand Am has 40-50% DTL? You're an idiot. NO car is that inefficent in the drive train.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 AM

Grow up? Dude, I've heard that supercharged excuse before myself, so what. If they aren't supercharged, that's their problem. I never said you didn't beat him, I said roll racing is for pansies. How's that? Little more direct and understandable?
holly **** dude, i would dig race and wouldve lost but didnt really have the option at the time, roll racing takes less skill yes but you still need to know how to shift and if you have decent power traction is still and issue. roll racing takes less skill ill agree but ur the one arguing its not even racing while im willing to bet if you had the chance u would have done the same thing.

and i only brought up the whole supercharged thing to show that people will argue and come up with excuses for everything on here which obviously u proved my point...

Welcome to the internet kid. Learn to live with it or leave. You should at least feel special that I'm defending you rather than calling BS on you. That's a rarity.
that wasnt directed for u... thanks for the support

Last edited by xskier874; 07-24-2007 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Of course a roll race is still a race. Hence the name roll RACE. Does it NOT show who's car is faster? So isn't that a RACE? In fact, it's more accurate at showing who's car is faster because it eliminates the launching part which does nothing more than show who's more willing to break their car.

I race almost exclusively from rolls because, #1 I don't want people crying that I only beat them because I'm AWD and #2 I don't actually get traction from a dig either. And let's be real. If the car actually has power, traction and throttle control are still an issue even from a 45mph roll.
PWND! + rep.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:56 AM
Banned

And again, your lack of any car knowledge shines through. At 20% DTL, which is what most auto trannies have (some more, some less. I heard a few mustang guys complaining about theirs having slightly more, though I don't know if it was TM or inefficiency), the Grand Am puts down around 140 HP, and that's about what mine dynoed at. The torque would then be at 164 (mine actually dynoed around 167, my HP was lower at 138, but I'll take that). So how is that 115? So you're saying the Grand Am GT actually loses 60 hp through the drive train? That's almost 50% more than what it actually loses So you're saying the Grand Am has 40-50% DTL? You're an idiot. NO car is that inefficent in the drive train.
Here's what I'm saying. I beat a slow ass Grand Am GT in my SC1 with intake/exhaust. Even the shittiest of all shitty Eclipses (the 3G) would light that car up.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 AM

Here's what I'm saying. I beat a slow ass Grand Am GT in my SC1 with intake/exhaust. Even the shittiest of all shitty Eclipses (the 3G) would light that car up.

Here's what I'm saying. It was the 4 cylinder GT (Yes, Pontiac did put some 4 bangers in them in the mid 90's that were DOHC and only about 140 HP. My friend owned one, my brother owned the V6 of the same model, and even the V6 wasn't that great as it was only the 3.1 and not much faster than the 4 banger DOHC). I have serious doubt that you beat the last gen of Grand Am GTs with the 3.4

holly **** dude, i would dig race and wouldve lost but didnt really have the option at the time, roll racing takes less skill yes but you still need to know how to shift and if you have decent power traction is still and issue. roll racing takes less skill ill agree but ur the one arguing its not even racing while im willing to bet if you had the chance u would have done the same thing.
Oh, no doubt! But I wouldn't call it a race. When I run from a roll, I always say "but it was from a rolll". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I still wouldn't have went. Just that I don't consider it a real race

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 07-24-2007 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Banned

You're right. It was definately a fake race. Disregard the results. They didn't actually both put the pedals the floor and Cobalt boy didn't actually put a car on him, it was all pretend.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 AM

Since when was a roll race not a recognizable form of racing? Apparantly all of you hardcore drag guys forgot about the LeMans circuit, the GrandAm cup, the Rolex Sports car series, F1 racing, and NASCAR, all of which start their races from a(dare I say), roll. And since when was hammering the throttle and shifting in a straigh line "true" racing? Holy hell my grandmother can do that, and she's in her mid-70's. A "true" race is a competition of speed, endurance durability, and driver's skill, which is demonstrated more on a closed circuit road course. I on't care if the OP raced the EVO from a roll, or a dig(Good win, BTW), throw both the cars on a closed circuit road course, and lt them duke out a few laps, then we'll know who the better racer is.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 AM

You're right. It was definately a fake race. Disregard the results. They didn't actually both put the pedals the floor and Cobalt boy didn't actually put a car on him, it was all pretend.
Damn! Thought you'd never see it my way!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:18 AM

anything can happen on the street.

nice kill bro.

Quick Reply: SS S/C vs EVO MR