War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/TC vs GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS/TC vs GTO

So last night I'm leaving engine run class, I leave the main gate onto bridgeport and happen to get stopped by the infamous light by the base. Everyone knows this one is known to change to red instantly...

Anyways I'm sitting there and I notice headlights pulling up next to me, turns out to be a Yellow GTO, not sure what year. I figure what the hell and click off the TC, light goes green and we roll even till about 10mph when he just dumps it, I followed suit, I could hear him spin a lil bit as he feathered the clutch. I managed to keep traction till about 5kish grabbed second and we were gone! the mid part of second we were even with me starting to slowly pull. by third he was a car behind me we both let off around the same time with me clearly in the lead. I knew I had to let of anyways so I could make my turn to I5nb.

I'm sure someone is sitting at home holding their flaccid manhood wondering why it happened, haha.

I think it was an LS1 GTO but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the 6.0 only because I've killed a few cars that should of eaten me. Buddy of mine has an 08 GT Calli Sport, he put down 310ish on the dyno and he's geared, I inched him out by a fender from a 60ish punch up to 120ish. I was completely stock has to be a factory freak!

-Alex
Old 10-28-2009, 05:33 PM

strange i can't even pull on a late model mustang.. Your car must be putting down more then stock power or that gto guy can't drive.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sevensix9
I think it was an LS1 GTO but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the 6.0 only because I've killed a few cars that should of eaten me. Buddy of mine has an 08 GT Calli Sport, he put down 310ish on the dyno and he's geared, I inched him out by a fender from a 60ish punch up to 120ish. I was completely stock has to be a factory freak!

-Alex
The GTO is easily believable but a 3v that has put down 310whp with gears would easily be a mid to high 12s car. Sounds like he needed to drop a gear if you roll raced since he would trap a few mph more than you.

BTW there really isnt much to the facotry freak thing these days. In old motor yes but there is 99.99999% chance your car dynos right with other factory TC's. 240 to 260 whp.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM

LOL everyone that beats a car they dont think they will they think thier car is a factory freak. Good win I guess but get over it until you're killin times on the stock LNF 1/8 and 1/4 list.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by supernova1972
The GTO is easily believable but a 3v that has put down 310whp with gears would easily be a mid to high 12s car. Sounds like he needed to drop a gear if you roll raced since he would trap a few mph more than you.

BTW there really isnt much to the facotry freak thing these days. In old motor yes but there is 99.99999% chance your car dynos right with other factory TC's. 240 to 260 whp.
I'm wondering if is numbers were off, we talked about running when we left work, and the next day he said he was more than shocked that I held him where I did.

Originally Posted by SUKXOST
LOL everyone that beats a car they dont think they will they think thier car is a factory freak. Good win I guess but get over it until you're killin times on the stock LNF 1/8 and 1/4 list.
If the weather in WA was ever good I'd head to the track but it's raining season for the next 4-5 mo.

-Alex
Old 10-28-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe it 100% if it was a ls1 year.
Especially cause I have a post on here from a kill on one
Old 10-28-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hugger1975
I believe it 100% if it was a ls1 year.
Especially cause I have a post on here from a kill on one
Yeah I'm not sure only because I never saw the back to check the exhaust, dual on the left was LS1 and split dual exhaust were the 6 liters right?

-Alex
Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 PM

Ya but you can also tell by the hood. Do you remember if it had hood scoops?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM

Another new kid with a stock TC pulling every muscle car under the sun that is modded while he is nearly bone stock. Here we go again... I think I will grab some

In a change of normalcy (is that a word?) I can see the GTO thing happening, bone stock 04 A4 with a passenger or two not hitting it until after they roll out waiting for the down shift yada yada yada. But a modded new mustang (geared at that) against a nearly stock TC? You do realize both those cars stock will walk said TC, then mod and well you get the idea.

And that thing about not being surprised about it being a 6.0, never in your wildest dreams, those are completely different animals especially once they are moving and a TC with out a tune and some bolt ons is a fish out of water.

LOL at the factory freak, got the driver mod to?

What is that TMW and lag thing in your sig?

Tyler
Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
Another new kid with a stock TC pulling every muscle car under the sun that is modded while he is nearly bone stock. Here we go again... I think I will grab some

In a change of normalcy (is that a word?) I can see the GTO thing happening, bone stock 04 A4 with a passenger or two not hitting it until after they roll out waiting for the down shift yada yada yada. But a modded new mustang (geared at that) against a nearly stock TC? You do realize both those cars stock will walk said TC, then mod and well you get the idea.

And that thing about not being surprised about it being a 6.0, never in your wildest dreams, those are completely different animals especially once they are moving and a TC with out a tune and some bolt ons is a fish out of water.

Tyler
Haha Kid? are you serious? Lemme guess you're just over mid twenties, which makes everyone you talk to a kid (even if you don't know how old they are), over weight, and if you can't do it there is no way someone else did it? I'll indulge you and continue this.

I don't know if the GTO was modded, second I would be surprised if it were a 6.0 I apologize for the type-o sir it won't happen again I have been sternly reprimanded, eat me. Had you of read further on you would of seen where I said that maybe my co-worker's numbers where off. I'll get deeper into it, assuming there were right and me not knowing what his gears were they may have been more towards 1/4mi gears not top end. That said it was only a fender, and we held it there even.

Back to the GTO, the LS1 GTO's were hot garbage compared to the 6ltr GTOs, reason being, weight. The way it went down I'd bet it was 5.7.

The TMW, I'm not sure the hell that is, but the TWM is a short throw. and the Anti Lag... use the search tool, also known as deleting the vacuum tank.

-Alex
Old 10-29-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by rckrz6
strange i can't even pull on a late model mustang.. Your car must be putting down more then stock power or that gto guy can't drive.
wow you cant outrun a late model pony? u need a driver mod then. unless ur racing modded stangs you my friend have a shitty stock engine.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by GreyDog72
wow you cant outrun a late model pony? u need a driver mod then. unless ur racing modded stangs you my friend have a shitty stock engine.
Are you talking 3v GTS? Because they run mid 13s stock and gain 30whp with an intake and tune.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:21 AM

LIEZ

YOU CAN'T BEAT GOD'S CAR!

lol
Old 10-30-2009, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sevensix9
Haha Kid? are you serious? Lemme guess you're just over mid twenties, which makes everyone you talk to a kid (even if you don't know how old they are), over weight, and if you can't do it there is no way someone else did it? I'll indulge you and continue this.

Mid twenties yes good guess, and your age? I didn't know grown ass men bought economy cars and raced them like high schoolers, thought you might have grown out of them when you got a real job...

Over weight uh no, I work out dude. 6'5 and about 280 give or take, do the math.

Can't do it no body can in reference to cobalts? not sure what your talking about there because I don't own hopped up economy car, but I am just telling you the facts to dash your dreams you have had.

I don't know if the GTO was modded, second I would be surprised if it were a 6.0 I apologize for the type-o sir it won't happen again I have been sternly reprimanded, eat me. Had you of read further on you would of seen where I said that maybe my co-worker's numbers where off. I'll get deeper into it, assuming there were right and me not knowing what his gears were they may have been more towards 1/4mi gears not top end. That said it was only a fender, and we held it there even.

Good, please proof read next time it will save alot of anguish (sp?).

Read again it doesn't say anything about them being off other then you stating ish after the number. Go back to school and learn what ish means after a word or number.

Back to the GTO, the LS1 GTO's were hot garbage compared to the 6ltr GTOs, reason being, weight. The way it went down I'd bet it was 5.7.

Never knew that, thanks for educating me

The TMW, I'm not sure the hell that is, but the TWM is a short throw. and the Anti Lag... use the search tool, also known as deleting the vacuum tank.

Umm, I don't care to search "performance mods" on an economy car so thanks for saving me a search.

-Alex

Golly, one gets called out because part of your story smells like rotten eggs and you get all pissy and name calling, still wondering why I called you kid in the first place? Grow up man...

Tyler
Old 11-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Good run, They made Yellow in 04 and 05, though it was most likely an 04. I trapped 110 when I was stock, but was usually 108. A stock 04 will trap low 100's.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 PM

its not a 6.0
Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Tyler
Golly, one gets called out because part of your story smells like rotten eggs and you get all pissy and name calling, still wondering why I called you kid in the first place? Grow up man...

Tyler
Seriously dude... you should GTFO the boards completely. You talk about him getting pissy? Look at yourself. You ever think that maybe people make mistakes? Yeah it happens in typing and in racing. Maybe the GT he ran shifted slow or something? It's people like you that are ruining these boards. I'm sure you were browsing the boards, saw this, and said "Oh no some one did something that shouldn't have happened I must educated him and tell him it didn't happen!" Anything can happen, get over it.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Seriously dude... you should GTFO the boards completely. You talk about him getting pissy? Look at yourself. You ever think that maybe people make mistakes? Yeah it happens in typing and in racing. Maybe the GT he ran shifted slow or something? It's people like you that are ruining these boards. I'm sure you were browsing the boards, saw this, and said "Oh no some one did something that shouldn't have happened I must educated him and tell him it didn't happen!" Anything can happen, get over it.
I'm sorry did I hit a nerve? Sounds like someone has some little man syndrome going on... Anything can happen, I think that is the official battle cry of economy cars.

BTW, I have been on here alot longer then you, and leaving the board is based on seniority, so ciao.

Tyler
Old 11-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Premium Member

Shibito ...... We need people like AMX to counter some of the bullshit that this section produces . If everyone just went along with every story here we would be a lot worse off than we already are. Cause let's be honest , some of these story's are just out there .

Some of the younger SS owners need to be educated about other cars . I understand where things can get ..... exaggerated .

When you haven't been in anything faster, driven any faster, owned anything faster ....than a cobalt ....you tend to think the cobalt is the fastest car on 4 wheels.

I've heard countless stories in bars about fast IROC Z's and super fast Z24's that do 150 mph . Then ask them whats the fastest car you've ever been in .....and they reply .......Z24 lol. When you haven't experienced anything faster .....your opinions tend to narrow.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by rukkee
Shibito ...... We need people like AMX to counter some of the bullshit that this section produces . If everyone just went along with every story here we would be a lot worse off than we already are. Cause let's be honest , some of these story's are just out there .

Some of the younger SS owners need to be educated about other cars . I understand where things can get ..... exaggerated .

When you haven't been in anything faster, driven any faster, owned anything faster ....than a cobalt ....you tend to think the cobalt is the fastest car on 4 wheels.

I've heard countless stories in bars about fast IROC Z's and super fast Z24's that do 150 mph . Then ask them whats the fastest car you've ever been in .....and they reply .......Z24 lol. When you haven't experienced anything faster .....your opinions tend to narrow.
Well said, nothing to add to that...

Z24, I had a 01 through out college, great car and I still miss it sometimes. Good gas mileage, looked good, pretty quick, and reliable as could be; not to mention got it for a steal new.

Tyler
Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post