War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

STOCK Cobalt SS/SC Factory FURyEaK Vs. 20 PSI MR EVO 9 . Closer than you think ;)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STOCK Cobalt SS/SC Factory FURyEaK Vs. 20 PSI MR EVO 9 . Closer than you think ;)

Hey dudes..back again with another not so glorious race...lol

Coming back into Blytheville Ar, to stay the weekend at my girls house and a guy that I knew a long time ago just got a new Evo about a year ago.(2006 model) So I know where the guy works and I figure I'll swing by and take a peek, and whaddya know there he is with a buddy of mine fixin' to leave. And we play ketchup lol and check out each others vehicular mastitudes.

Race 1: He asks "wanna run?" And of course I reply "Why hell yeah" He says "how bout the empty road by the interstate?" I say" sounds good" 60 MPH punch...for me is so-so, he can manage to get his car into 2nd..3rd honk comes fast and start.. I here the spool of his turbocharged menice pull a car and a half by 110, and we shut it down. BTW he baby's the gears in his car so shifts are taken slowly..

Race 2: 40 Roll...my sweet spot. 3rd Hhonk and he jumps a car in front by 60ish and just starts to slowly walk to 2 car lead by 100..and we shut down. he says"thought I would take you a lot worse than that!" I say"yeah lol I get that sometimes lol" He laughs with me and says "Are you sure that you don't have any mods at all ?" I reply with "airbox mod is all that I PUT on. (I bought used)..

Race 3: 20 roll- then end.

So we talk about who is got fast cars now, and who all I know that has them and we talk for damn near 2 hours about people who would fit for a good run for me solely based on his experience with them...he says the stage 2 SRT-4 he ran stayed a little bit beter than I did, and that there was a couple of bolt-on mustangs (00-04) that I could prolly put away...so were goin to find out tonite, vids will be on youtube here later so be looking!!!

I know that some of you will not believe me, but I was so close to taking video with my phone, but the quality sucks a billion...but those of you who do appreciate the backup!! Good times Good Times
Old 08-02-2008, 05:01 PM

your mods? besides the air box mod.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by evolve
your mods? besides the air box mod.
reading > you
Old 08-02-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by chris88z24
reading > you
he said thats all HE put on, he got it used. Im curious what mods were on the car from the previous owner.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

My guess is he just runs into bad drivers, and I thought evo's run ~20psi stock?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 AM

15 psi is what the guy told me he had stock, and I am stock btw, no mods but AB mod ...and actually decent drivers, you love to post negative only in my threads I take it lol...you know there is better things in life, go to a GTO board or something, spare us all having to scroll past your lifeless boring smart ass posts...seriously dude, if you want to actually say something, make it nice..it's not hard
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06superchargedbalt
15 psi is what the guy told me he had stock, and I am stock btw, no mods but AB mod ...and actually decent drivers, you love to post negative only in my threads I take it lol...you know there is better things in life, go to a GTO board or something, spare us all having to scroll past your lifeless boring smart ass posts...seriously dude, if you want to actually say something, make it nice..it's not hard
lol

Keep thinking your 'factory freak' 14-15 second car is beating much faster cars all the time. You run into bad drives, live with it haha
Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 AM

ok I will. Keep thinking your LS1 GTO gives you a big dick and a right to talk down to anyone..hug one. P.S I didn't claim a win.

NEXT
Old 08-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Evo's run 19.1 psi from the factory.

And no... they aren't that fast in stock form... but they are when modified!

And blaming a bad driver is a dumb/retarded excuse.

Now check out my War Story:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/usmcfieldmp-vs-08-challenger-125707/
Old 08-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned

@ "factory freak"

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP

...sure, compared to a stock SS.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:56 AM

ok I will. Keep thinking your LS1 GTO gives you a big dick and a right to talk down to anyone..hug one. P.S I didn't claim a win.

NEXT
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by 05redline
Nope they aren't.

When modified they can be.

TrueStory.com
Old 08-03-2008, 02:43 AM

What are your dyno numbers? To be considered a factory freak usually requires abnormally high dyno numbers. Take for example my big dicked GTO, I put down 359/366 bone stock. Beating a couple of cars near stock does not entail factory freak. Your thread never stated numbers, so what are they? I am not surprised you hung with a mostly stock evo from a roll, the balts are descent roll racers.

Tyler
Old 08-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
What are your dyno numbers? To be considered a factory freak usually requires abnormally high dyno numbers. Take for example my big dicked GTO, I put down 359/366 bone stock. Beating a couple of cars near stock does not entail factory freak. Your thread never stated numbers, so what are they? I am not surprised you hung with a mostly stock evo from a roll, the balts are descent roll racers.

Tyler
x2... and Evo's/Sti's are not the greatest of Roll Racers.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 AM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey dudes..back again with another not so glorious race...lol

Coming back into Blytheville Ar, to stay the weekend at my girls house and a guy that I knew a long time ago just got a new Evo about a year ago.(2006 model) So I know where the guy works and I figure I'll swing by and take a peek, and whaddya know there he is with a buddy of mine fixin' to leave. And we play ketchup lol and check out each others vehicular mastitudes.

Race 1: He asks "wanna run?" And of course I reply "Why hell yeah" He says "how bout the empty road by the interstate?" I say" sounds good" 60 MPH punch...for me is so-so, he can manage to get his car into 2nd..3rd honk comes fast and start.. I here the spool of his turbocharged menice pull a car and a half by 110, and we shut it down. BTW he baby's the gears in his car so shifts are taken slowly..

Race 2: 40 Roll...my sweet spot. 3rd Hhonk and he jumps a car in front by 60ish and just starts to slowly walk to 2 car lead by 100..and we shut down. he says"thought I would take you a lot worse than that!" I say"yeah lol I get that sometimes lol" He laughs with me and says "Are you sure that you don't have any mods at all ?" I reply with "airbox mod is all that I PUT on. (I bought used)..

Race 3: 20 roll- then end.

So we talk about who is got fast cars now, and who all I know that has them and we talk for damn near 2 hours about people who would fit for a good run for me solely based on his experience with them...he says the stage 2 SRT-4 he ran stayed a little bit beter than I did, and that there was a couple of bolt-on mustangs (00-04) that I could prolly put away...so were goin to find out tonite, vids will be on youtube here later so be looking!!!

I know that some of you will not believe me, but I was so close to taking video with my phone, but the quality sucks a billion...but those of you who do appreciate the backup!! Good times Good Times
He might be a good role race for me if he only got you by two cars. Granny shifting looses ALLOT of time.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970

Tyler
Claiming factory freak because of the vehicles that I'm able to beat in stock form. It doesn't depend solely on dyno numbers. I haven't dyno'd yet, so I dunno...but there are two people on this forum that would agree with my "factory freak" claims, RBC and BlackScreamer..just look up the videos, I am tired of having to copy and paste links... youtube.com...search under cotucker...it's me against the s2000 from a two roll races and a dig. And me vs. cotucker (RBC's) Stage 2 2.87 pulley SS/SC..man u GTO guys have like major issues, it's like your hunting for someone to flame on...I think the only guy that I can actually say that is a cool guy that owns a GTO is my cousin, and that's probably because he is a relative....and P.S He's got the LS2 and got beat by the same 2002 Mustang GT with bolt-ons that I ran last night...from a dig I lost by 2 lengths...lol FACTORRYYYYYYYY FREAAAAAAAAAKKKKK BABY I dont care. Maybe it shouldn't be factory freak, maybe I should just say driver mod. But if that's the case then there is a hell of a lot of factory freaks out there..lol

NEXT!

for those of you who haven't been asshats, Thanks for being positive, it really is appreciated!

Originally Posted by 05redline
@ "factory freak"

@ your redline

I'm telling you man, I'm tired of you e-bullies..

And blaming a bad driver is a dumb/retarded excuse.

Now check out my War Story:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125707
This is probably true....I'll get the story straight from him on his boost...and yes the bad driver excuse is super lame, especially considering the GXP and two of the mustang GT's were auto's! How can u not drive an auto good??!! "Hope he turns his overdrive off when he races you next time!!!" LOL and he showed me a time slip from Dyersburg ,Tn dragstrip(1/8th mile) he ran a 8.4 and had a retarded 1.6-60ft lol Nasty car man

Last edited by 06superchargedbalt; 08-03-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
RBC

I think we should run again now that my blower doesn't stay so screaming hot. The H/E has made one hell of difference in back to back runs. Your car did keep up a little better than I expected but you can hear in the vid of us racing at the end that the stage 2 car will start pulling hard. I would have to say most of it stems from your driving. Don't let the car take the credit. I think you got quick shifts, but you do need to work on your launches as do all of us.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM

I don't give the car ALL the credit, but whatever's fine with me..maybe I should just post vids now. And yes launches do suck. And I don't think it's neccessarily pulling HARD, but definately pulling..but hey there is always somebody with something better..regardless of what you have.. so no soreness from me..I just love to race!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

Nope they aren't.

When modified they can be.

TrueStory.com

IThinkThatAStockSSIsInTheSameClassAsEvos.com

@ your redline

I'm telling you man, I'm tired of you e-bullies..
Keep laughing, it would rape your stock piece of **** chevy.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:08 PM

I am sure that it would, but winning against one of those is a lose-lose situation..Win or lose it's still a saturn..can't brag about winning against it, but then again can't talk about losing to one.

LOL piece of ****, but still is involved in platform sharing..same powertrain but definitely a better body style.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
RBC

Sometimes I wish I would have bought a ion redline, and would have if it wasn't for the gauges in the center of the car. I think they look just as good as the cobalt if not a little bit better, and you gotta love the "4 doors". I could have put those to use ALLOT, traveling around the country with a 180lb dog.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

I am sure that it would, but winning against one of those is a lose-lose situation..Win or lose it's still a saturn..can't brag about winning against it, but then again can't talk about losing to one.
You're a retard. You drive a cobalt, it's still a chevy.

LOL piece of ****, but still is involved in platform sharing..same powertrain but definitely a better body style.
That's right bowtie boy, who was out first?
Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 PM

if the chevy is i P.o.s why is it still made and the saturn ion went way of the dodo
Old 08-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by beanetown
if the chevy is i P.o.s why is it still made and the saturn ion went way of the dodo
LMFAO this thread is like the special ed classroom in high school.

ion redline = ss/sc mechanically.

sho's goat is an ls2 not an ls1 and would absolutely RAPE your car.

you are beating drivers. A stock ss/sc is a low 14 sec car with the BEST of drivers while those evos and that mustang trap in the 105 range and are both capable of mid 13's.

i think now im supposed to say "next!", but since i actually made legitimate comments i don't know if i'm allowed to...?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 PM

Never did say he wouldn't RAPE my car, never even mentioned his goat lined up with mine, hell people in the special ed courses in high school know that outcome. And why are you even on this forum if you own a fox-body, f-body or cobra.. its's Cobaltss.net, not cobalt ss &mustang&GTO&ION.net. seriously I don't think that half of ya'll would even say anything negative that you say on here to anyone's face, so why try to be a e-badass?? And sorry for not being up to snuff on the grand prix look-alike with 6 liters of pure BAD ASS in it..please, I'll take my old LS1 T/A, or a Camaro SS over any mustang, GTO, or Saturn Gayon..this thread should've never truned out like this, but it just seems to me that there are more and more asshats that turn out in this forum. If this bullcrap continues then I'll just delete it, this is absolutely retarded.

Originally Posted by RBC
Sometimes I wish I would have bought a ion redline, and would have if it wasn't for the gauges in the center of the car. I think they look just as good as the cobalt if not a little bit better, and you gotta love the "4 doors". I could have put those to use ALLOT, traveling around the country with a 180lb dog.
I think they are FUGLY..and not just the gauges.

Last edited by 06superchargedbalt; 08-03-2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: STOCK Cobalt SS/SC Factory FURyEaK Vs. 20 PSI MR EVO 9 . Closer than you think ;)