War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Victory Red SS TC vs Newer Grey R/T Anchorage

Old 04-10-2015, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victory Red SS TC vs clean Grey R/T Anchorage

I dont post on here often im kind of an introvert. I drive a victory red which is 100% bone stock up here in Alaska.

With the release of fast 7 there have been a lot more people acting tough on the road especially to me in my little cobalt.

Needless to say some guy with a passenger pulls up next to me at a red light. Its a newer looking clean grey charger with the R/T logo on the grille. We are two cars deep in traffic but he revs twice anyway. Sounds like he has exhaust maybe more.

My wife and I turn our heads and just look at each other not saying a word.

I refuse to aknowledge this guy for now because we are surrounded by traffic and stare straight on and ease my way up past the cars in front barely pushing 45 before we connect to the highway.

Speed limit sign hits 65 and I open up a bit not enough to make noise but we can tell this guy already has his eyes on me.

He's about 5 cars behind me, I'm the only car up here and we have wide open space and zero traffic. I hear him gun it and watch his front end shrug a bit in my side mirror.

Hes flying towards me. Now its play time, I wait till he is about 1-1.5 car lengths, drop to third and WOT.

I NLS, but he starts to reel me in until about 90 and then I start putting length on him. Im doing 100 and he backs off a bit. I drop down to 70 and keep an eye out for blues just in case.

I figured he got the message that I didn't really want to play anymore but he guns it AGAIN. This time he is really trying to let me have it.

I wait till he is paralell to my car and we hit it until 120. I start pulling away around 90 again and then his front is dead even with my rear bumper but nobody is putting length on anyone. After that he backs way off we tone it down and he is probably doing 5 under and I'm a few cars ahead of him.

I pull off glenn hwy close to jber and he pulls off the same road, I'm like cool he must be a decent guy maybe he wants to chat or thumbs up, but no, he WHIPS a U in front of another car and gets back on the road heading toward the hwy.

Cheers.

Last edited by Coagulation; 04-11-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
a newer R/T? our cars are quick but i doubt that if a newer style R/T had a run at you and you waited until he was by you to hit it that you would catch it.. but anything is possible.

thanks for at least making sure the road was somewhat clear before racing and minimizing risk and good race
Old 04-11-2015, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
a newer R/T? our cars are quick but i doubt that if a newer style R/T had a run at you and you waited until he was by you to hit it that you would catch it.. but anything is possible.

thanks for at least making sure the road was somewhat clear before racing and minimizing risk and good race

I think you are right, it might have just been a well taken care of car. We were down the road from the local laser wash but it did look super clean. I don't know what the difference as far as aesthetics are concerned with chargers so there was no way for me to differentiate between the older and newer ones. All I really saw was the body style and the R/T logo on the grille.

I imagine it was probably in the 2008 range. I know these cars are better from a dig because of AWD so they already have some extra meat on them compared to the cobalt. On paper though, the new ones are pushing 370hp. Since i'm not even tuned I doubt I would be able to put lengths on a brand new one.

I really only posted this here to see if the guy would catch the post and comment as to what he was running. But I guess if he didn't feel like pulling off the highway to talk shop then he probably cant be bothered to check the forum of a car that beat him.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Not all chargers are awd.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a similar experience yesterday with some for mustang. I don't really do much racing to begin with. I'm sure if it hadn't been regular roads with traffic and not two lanes like the interstate he would have had to show off and fly past me.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Coagulation
I think you are right, it might have just been a well taken care of car. We were down the road from the local laser wash but it did look super clean. I don't know what the difference as far as aesthetics are concerned with chargers so there was no way for me to differentiate between the older and newer ones. All I really saw was the body style and the R/T logo on the grille.

I imagine it was probably in the 2008 range. I know these cars are better from a dig because of AWD so they already have some extra meat on them compared to the cobalt. On paper though, the new ones are pushing 370hp. Since i'm not even tuned I doubt I would be able to put lengths on a brand new one.

I really only posted this here to see if the guy would catch the post and comment as to what he was running. But I guess if he didn't feel like pulling off the highway to talk shop then he probably cant be bothered to check the forum of a car that beat him.
Hard to say what is was really but a win is a win i know stock vs stock the cobalt stands a chance in a fair fight with the first gen R/T. as for the second and third gen.. it would be tough. Letting any of them take the hit first, definately will make you work for a win if you are stock.