Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

Need some tire/wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need some tire/wheel help

I'm looking to put a new set of rims/tires on my car, and I've got a few questions. It's and 05' SS, and I will most likely have to run an adapter because our bolt pattern is really obscure. So assuming about 1 inch of spacing from the adapter being installed, what are the largest specs I could run on the car? In terms of;

-Rim size
-Off-set
-Tire size

Ideally, I would like to run Cragar Soft 8's.

Sorry if this is asking a lot, I'm sort of new to this and any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Old 04-13-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 you can do like I did and take to a tire shop and get them to qoute you the specs. It's free and well worth the visit since they will keep trying to get you to buy from them which makes their prices better sometimes lol.
But a quick short answer is depending on how big you go with rims the smaller the tire or wider. If you want the opposite and want those nice wide tires then it's a 1 down sizefl for rims. But again take it to the tire place and let them hook you up. Not one of those buy here pay here rim places either I mean a reputable tire dealer or performance shop can also do the same. That way you don't have to get crazy with a suspension upgrade and have a crazy camber.