2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP Builds The Best LNF Mod Ever!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cmiller8006
The ZZP efr can make full boost by I think Matt said 3500 rpms which is really good IMO, I bet the bnr 2871 has trouble doing that, or is within a couple hundred. I searched and couldnt find any dyno sheets of the bnr turbo, do you know where any are?
No argument there. The EFR is a great feat in engineering. Its chock full of new tech. Thats great if it reached full spool by then. The 2871, since it keeps our twinscroll design, is actually about the same as far as spool. Ask BYT as hes tuning one. Unfortunately, I dont think anyone has dynod yet. And if they have they havent posted findings

Anywyas, I dont want to take this thread off track by keeping this comparison going lol

BTW nothing of what Ive said takes away from your accomplishments man. You took your car about as far as you could before upgrading and you deserve mad props for your HP and times at the track

Looking forward to seeing some results on members LNFs once this is released
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Premium Member

Id love to post some findings if ZZP would sell me one
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by D-mac
Id love to post some findings if ZZP would sell me one
Get in line
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if this tech made it to the diesel world... were still rocking sleeves, cast iron housings...its just a sad sad way of things. variable geometry onyl RECENTLY made it to the aftermarket. somethign that could jump into boost with a quickness would be nice.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
This turbo is single scroll.

This turbo was not maxed on the 509whp pull. Not even close.

No, you can not buy any $650 600hp turbo and get the same spool as this turbo. This turbo has spool close to stock with 150+ whp increase potential.
You said full spool by 3500 right? We put one of precision's SC6262 billet wheel journal bearing turbos on a 2.0 240sx and he hits full boost "25psi" right at 4k. Made a little over 600whp.. which kinda gets to my point.. That car doesnt have VVT or near the tuning capabilties that we have "factory 94 model ECM" and is on a turbo a little bigger than it should have and still makes full boost by 4k. yes he does rev out to 8500 so his power band is a little higher, but iats actually drop a degree or stay the same during a hard pull which makes for a much safer big turbo kit. That means we should be able to easily run somthing along the same lines but just a tad smaller and with some cam adjustments, maybe a little timing retard down low could have a fast spooling, cheaper turbo that is just crackin into its efficiency range at say around 450hp on our cars. This would be a awsome selling point for yall, If yall could design it to bolt up just like this one. It would cut yalls cost of the turbo in half, or maybe there is a even better brand out there that would be more lucrative, and sell it as a stage kit like your turbo upgrade now, Say bolt on turbo STG1 makes 450whp with ZZp tune" over 100hp gain on tuned lnf $1,500, STG 2 raised boost tune with valvesprings 520hp "170hp more than tuned lnf" and so on....Yall would come up with a better kit set up than that of coarse like everything else yall have done, but imagine how many kits you would sell at a $1,500 price range.

I guess my main point is i believe your starting out with a turbo that is too highly priced for a lot of the cobalt owners market. Not saying to give your work away! but why not start with a turbo thats cheaper and has more potential than most and could most likely net you more busines? Think about it this way ironicly, you have 200 cobalts out there running your turbo set up making 500hp... eventually people will need gears and trannys! A whole other market for parts!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:13 PM

sub
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Put me Down for this turbo upgrade and your stage 2 cams with springs

P.S. MY CAR LOVES YOU ZZP
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Gat dangggg... Good stuff, guys.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Advanced fueling system meets advanced turbo

/thread

This isn't your grandpas turbo off his john deere...

Last edited by PrincessTurbo; 03-14-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo
Advanced fueling system meets advanced turbo

/thread

This isn't your grandpas turbo off his john deer...
Lmao!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silverbullet08
You said full spool by 3500 right? We put one of precision's SC6262 billet wheel journal bearing turbos on a 2.0 240sx and he hits full boost "25psi" right at 4k. Made a little over 600whp.. which kinda gets to my point.. That car doesnt have VVT or near the tuning capabilties that we have "factory 94 model ECM" and is on a turbo a little bigger than it should have and still makes full boost by 4k. yes he does rev out to 8500 so his power band is a little higher, but iats actually drop a degree or stay the same during a hard pull which makes for a much safer big turbo kit. That means we should be able to easily run somthing along the same lines but just a tad smaller and with some cam adjustments, maybe a little timing retard down low could have a fast spooling, cheaper turbo that is just crackin into its efficiency range at say around 450hp on our cars. This would be a awsome selling point for yall, If yall could design it to bolt up just like this one. It would cut yalls cost of the turbo in half, or maybe there is a even better brand out there that would be more lucrative, and sell it as a stage kit like your turbo upgrade now, Say bolt on turbo STG1 makes 450whp with ZZp tune" over 100hp gain on tuned lnf $1,500, STG 2 raised boost tune with valvesprings 520hp "170hp more than tuned lnf" and so on....Yall would come up with a better kit set up than that of coarse like everything else yall have done, but imagine how many kits you would sell at a $1,500 price range.

I guess my main point is i believe your starting out with a turbo that is too highly priced for a lot of the cobalt owners market. Not saying to give your work away! but why not start with a turbo thats cheaper and has more potential than most and could most likely net you more busines? Think about it this way ironicly, you have 200 cobalts out there running your turbo set up making 500hp... eventually people will need gears and trannys! A whole other market for parts!
Just sayin but even start at 850.00 which is a base model pte turbo, add a nice tial gate for 400.00, tial bov for 300.00, mani for 350.00, turbo downpipe for 300.00 and thats just to get the turbo to work right. Your at 2200 bucks. People are not saving money in the end. There are more than one size of this efr turbo as well, and you simply bolt it on. Where is it hard for people to understand. Even if the turbo is 2500 or more its worth it just because you dont have to f with everything else.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Just sayin but even start at 850.00 which is a base model pte turbo, add a nice tial gate for 400.00, tial bov for 300.00, mani for 350.00, turbo downpipe for 300.00 and thats just to get the turbo to work right. Your at 2200 bucks. People are not saving money in the end. There are more than one size of this efr turbo as well, and you simply bolt it on. Where is it hard for people to understand. Even if the turbo is 2500 or more its worth it just because you dont have to f with everything else.
I will.. do you really think this will work good with stock dp, cp and ic? I think i'm better off with stage 3 because it comes with everything i need. I haven't bought any engine/turbo parts because i was waiting this past year to see what comes out. Now i don't know what to do?? I'm only looking for 400whp and i would be happy
Old 03-14-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by donkeyballs
I will.. do you really think this will work good with stock dp, cp and ic? I think i'm better off with stage 3 because it comes with everything i need. I haven't bought any engine/turbo parts because i was waiting this past year to see what comes out. Now i don't know what to do?? I'm only looking for 400whp and i would be happy
Thats something more for ZZP to say. Most people have an intercooler, dp, and charge pipes now and they prolly wont have to change them.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Platinum Member

Thats something more for ZZP to say. Most people have an intercooler, dp, and charge pipes now and they prolly wont have to change them.
Didn't want to waste money if i was gonna do a upgrade kit. After pricing everything out i think its gonna be about the same price.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cubaniche
@Matt: You or Zoomer posted in the BNR thread or some other thread that you guys tried the big wheel upgrade, back when BTF was doing this, and that it wasnt worth it because when you ported it to make the larger wheels fit the walls could become too thin and crack allowing coolant to leak into the turbo. I took that comment to mean that you guys tried it and considered it to be not worth it.
You must be confusing us with someone else. We didn't post that. There is no coolant in the exhaust housing or compressor cover, so that wouldn't even make sense.

Last edited by Matt M; 03-14-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Former Vendor

The first pull I made today hit 526whp, but I noticed that the DI injector duty cycle was getting higher than desired and the high-pressure pump was having trouble keeping up again. Although the LE5 injectors in the upper rail were not yet maxed, I had no way to reprogram the port fueler on the spot. This meant that I had to install larger injectors in the upper rail to go any further. With a set of 60s installed, the mix was a little too rich despite adding more boost and making some adjustments to the file to back off the DI injectors. I only had time for a couple pulls, so this had to do for now. Anyway, enough of that- here are the numbers:

We still have not maxed this turbo. However, I am out of boost control at this time.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:43 PM

Effing A!!!! Matt did you guys use a specific EFR turbo? 7064 or 6758? or is it a mix of the wheels?? just curious. I frekin love these turbos im sooooo pumped for this upgrade!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 PM
corn gas ftw....

that is very impressive!

will this turbo come in a "kit only" deal of will it be avaliable by itself for those of us who already have the supporting bolt-ons?
would it be safe you think to run up to 425whp without doing internals?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 PM

so if i were to buy this kit, and i have an Injen CAI/IC pipe with a bad mab catless dp will this turbo still bolt on? and what kind of numbers would i safely be putting down? and where would you say the weak point would be in this setup (ie internals/axles/trans?)

im very into this kit and want some what ifs so i can see how do-able this build would be.

thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM

The 252 kit was easier and less expensive to bring to market. It can also be upgraded to a 256 or 262 down the road. This turbo will be more expensive and time consuming to bring to market and it will be more of a one-time mod for people that like to bolt something on and run it for a long time.
So this turbo bolt on is pretty much for ppl that already have all bolt ons so they dont have to purchase the WHOLE TURBO KIT, instead just this turbo cause they have supporting mods already.

and you're still leaving the option open for the s252 if ppl just want to get the kit all at once..?

if so this sounds like the best thing in the market. I want to first max out the k04 and for sure this upgrade IS NEXT. Awesome things are coming along right when i got this car, damn it feels good to mod.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 PM

holy crap...
Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ssblackstealth
that is very impressive!

will this turbo come in a "kit only" deal of will it be avaliable by itself for those of us who already have the supporting bolt-ons?
would it be safe you think to run up to 425whp without doing internals?
The idea would be to have the turbo available by itself. This makes the upgrade path much more appealing. I'm running our off-the-shelf charge tubes, IC, downpipe, and catback as well as our silicone intake coupler with a modification.

425 on stock internals is completely fine.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sick_tight
so if i were to buy this kit, and i have an Injen CAI/IC pipe with a bad mab catless dp will this turbo still bolt on? and what kind of numbers would i safely be putting down? and where would you say the weak point would be in this setup (ie internals/axles/trans?)

im very into this kit and want some what ifs so i can see how do-able this build would be.

thanks
It uses the stock O2 housing, so your DP should bolt up fine. I don't know if the Injec intake would work or not. It depends on what coupler they use to connect to the turbo.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fastgti69
So this turbo bolt on is pretty much for ppl that already have all bolt ons so they dont have to purchase the WHOLE TURBO KIT, instead just this turbo cause they have supporting mods already.

and you're still leaving the option open for the s252 if ppl just want to get the kit all at once..?

if so this sounds like the best thing in the market. I want to first max out the k04 and for sure this upgrade IS NEXT. Awesome things are coming along right when i got this car, damn it feels good to mod.
Yes, you are correct on your description.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM
corn gas ftw....

The idea would be to have the turbo available by itself. This makes the upgrade path much more appealing. I'm running our off-the-shelf charge tubes, IC, downpipe, and catback as well as our silicone intake coupler with a modification.

425 on stock internals is completely fine.
that is great to hear matt!
im not looking to have the highest hp car around, all i want is a pocket rocket and to get some shocked faces on vette drivers faces lol

would this product be on the market by summer time?

Quick Reply: ZZP Builds The Best LNF Mod Ever!