2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!

Ok, well here we go. This is my biggest project yet. We are converting our 2007 Cobalt SS S/C to a Hahn stage V turbo system with complete Hahn exhaust including dp w/high flow metallic cat. Also in our project we are repainting the brake calipers, installing Progress rear anti-sway bar, TWM short shifter w/weighted mirror finished shift knob and some custom work done by our boys @ MRZ Performance including anodizing the existing billet caps to a black anodized finish and a custom new badge for the fuel rail cover that will say "HAHN RACECRAFT". The estimated ship time on the turbo system is March 16th so the project should be complete by the end of the month.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where did you get those braided hoses at they are sweet
Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Nice, but not the rims
Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM

i like the under coating
Old 03-09-2009, 03:00 PM

hey let me know how you like it, i plan on upgrading to this or a heavy custom turbo similar to this in the future and would love an honest opinion on how it went afterwards and such..looks great so far, tho i think you should have done a brighter yellow on the calipers
Old 03-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Awesome..
My kit will be here on the 13th ..

cant wait!

Ill let you know how things go.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by MP Cobalt
Nice, but not the rims
I think I may agree with you. When I bought these there wasnt much available at the time for a 5x110 pattern so I guess I settled. I have been looking very closely at the Konig Unkowns 20" they are a very slick looking rim. Im trying to sell these soon so if all goes as planned when the car hits the road I may be rolling with different rims.

Originally Posted by LamboW9
hey let me know how you like it, i plan on upgrading to this or a heavy custom turbo similar to this in the future and would love an honest opinion on how it went afterwards and such..looks great so far, tho i think you should have done a brighter yellow on the calipers
Yeah, I really dont know about the gold either. I contacted HAHN already to see if its too late to change the piping color. If so then I am going to change the caliper color as well. I am honestly thinking about going to a bright white color. I dont think the yellow would look too good. I had them done yellow before and I cant get a close match to the car yellow so it definitely clashes too much for my liking.

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
i like the under coating
I really like it too. It was my business partners idea actually to paint inside the wheel wells with the undercoating to cover up the yellow. It looks really good not to be able to see that anymore. Now the rims and calipers stand out alot more.

Last edited by Angel; 03-09-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Angel
I think I may agree with you. When I bought these there wasnt much available at the time for a 5x110 pattern so I guess I settled. I have been looking very closely at the Konig Unkowns 20" they are a very slick looking rim. Im trying to sell these soon so if all goes as planned when the car hits the road I may be rolling with different rims.
The biggest I'd go would be 19"s
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
Awesome..
My kit will be here on the 13th ..

cant wait!

Ill let you know how things go.
Yeah, thats awesome. Did you go with the stage V? I hope everything goes really well for you. I dont think it will be too difficult to do, just a little time consuming and making sure everything is torqued properly and such. Please do let me know how yours turns out.

The biggest I'd go would be 19"s
Why is that? I dont rub at all with these 19's and I think with 30 series rubber I would be ok with 20's. The only reason I would need to go to 20's with the Konig's is because they dont make that model of rim in a 19 with the 5x110 bolt pattern. Let me know your thoughts on why you dont think 20's would be a good idea. Thanks.

Originally Posted by crt013189
where did you get those braided hoses at they are sweet
I bought the hose with the ends from ebay. It wasnt that cheap but the looks paid for it. I really liked it too. One thing was the rad hose didnt fit too well and I kept losing coolant.lol. So what I have done is bought the rad hose from CA and it just showed up. It is soo sick looking and comes with adapters for tight fitment. Im not sure if Im going to put the braided hose back on because it would clash with the new rad hose so I also ordered up the black silicon vacuum hose kit from CA as well so I am going to sell all the braided hose I have.

Last edited by Angel; 03-09-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Yeap im doing it myself... I dont see how if i changed my header, how i could possibly mess this up.. haha...

Yea I went with the level V... i sent in my computer today (will be there tomorrow) And thru the course of this week, Ill be taking things off.. so when it comes... ill just have to install and go...
Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 PM

yeah, but 20"s weigh more.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM

20s is a bad idea because it will take longer for the wheel to turn thus decreasing speed..

if you want it for show... 20s... if you want it to be practical, 18s or 19s... TOPS...
Old 03-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Yeap im doing it myself... I dont see how if i changed my header, how i could possibly mess this up.. haha...

Yea I went with the level V... i sent in my computer today (will be there tomorrow) And thru the course of this week, Ill be taking things off.. so when it comes... ill just have to install and go...
HAHAHA, I hear ya. That damn header is such a pain in the as*. I got my buddy who is helping with the project to take it off and lots of cusing and throwing tools around the shop.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Haha.. the header seems like its going to be the biggest pain in the ass..

its always seems like its easier to put things on than it is to take em off..
Old 03-09-2009, 03:54 PM

yeah, but 20"s weigh more.
Im not too concerned about that bit of weight difference. I have about 250lbs of audio equipment in the trunk. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. I realize that with the audio setup and custom install I got with all the dynamat in the car it has added alot of weight but the car isnt going to be a total track car or anything. This is my daily summer driver and I just want to beat up on all the guys with there SRT-8's rolling around.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Angel
Im not too concerned about that bit of weight difference. I have about 250lbs of audio equipment in the trunk. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. I realize that with the audio setup and custom install I got with all the dynamat in the car it has added alot of weight but the car isnt going to be a total track car or anything. This is my daily summer driver and I just want to beat up on all the guys with there SRT-8's rolling around.
20s will most likely Make your car feel 15-20hp less...

Last edited by ShortStack; 03-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM

20s will most likely Make your car feel 20-30hp less...
Seriously? 20-30 hp??? That seems a little excessive. You have to think if I keep the overall ride height the same with smaller series rubber so it rides the same height how could it possibly make it feel like losing that much power?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM

Larger Rotating Diameter = Slower rotating Speed..

2 Inches Above Stock is ALOT...

i raced my buddy when we both had stock SS/sc,s and he had 20s on... The difference was amazing.

That number might be a little high.. but thats just general idea...

Last edited by ShortStack; 03-09-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Larger Rotating Diameter = Slower rotating Speed..

2 Inches Above Stock is ALOT...

i raced my buddy when we both had stock SS/sc,s and he had 20s on... The difference was amazing.

That number might be a little high.. but thats just general idea...
I can understand that but with my 19's right now I have 35 series rubber and the ride height is the same as my stock 18's so the rotating diameter is the same. I was very concerned about that initially when I got these rims so my spedo wouldnt be off at all.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Hmm... I dont know...

ive gotten some opinions and every one just seems to want to keep it under 20...

Plus, you know how SHITTY our turning radius is? Imagine the 20s haha...

If you can keep the rotating diameter the same, then your cool... But i just dont think its practical enough.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Hmm... I dont know...

ive gotten some opinions and every one just seems to want to keep it under 20...

Plus, you know how SHITTY our turning radius is? Imagine the 20s haha...

If you can keep the rotating diameter the same, then your cool... But i just dont think its practical enough.
I completely understand what your saying. About the turning radius though, I dont rub at all neither way with my rims right now so I was thinking if I had 20's with 30 series rubber its only going to increase the height very very slightly and the main concern I guess would be the width of the tire. Right now I have 225's so if I had to go 235's then there may be an issue. Im going to have a close look at this while the car is still lifted to see how much extra clearance I have.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 PM

Im upping to 19s soon... it just seems 20s are too big.. but what ever you find out let me know...

The width has a lot to do with it... it just sucks how the lady i work with has a Suburban that has a better turning radius than i do lol.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:33 PM

I might go with the 18" Konig unknowns then that way I could go back to the 45 series rubber and get a much smoother ride. I had a set of KW coilovers on the car before and it rode like a tank. I almost put my head through the roof a few times so for a daily driver I love having the comfort of a nice ride. Also, I forgot to mention if anyone needs a idler pulley or tensioner for the factory supercharged set up I am selling those now that I dont need them anymore. If your interested then just pm me.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:38 PM

I need those damn alternator bolts for the new setup..
Old 03-09-2009, 04:54 PM

I need those damn alternator bolts for the new setup..
Thats what I am still waiting on from the GM dealership. I already have the new tensioner with the bolt for that but the new alternator bolts havent come in yet. Do you have any idea why we need new bolts for that? I dont see why the existing alternator bolts wouldnt do fine.....

Quick Reply: Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!