2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can ask them to weld one on for you if youd like...

you can have this done at any muffler shop as well...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Wow, nice attention to detail.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
you can ask them to weld one on for you if youd like...

you can have this done at any muffler shop as well...
Cool... Does the change in your torque curve annoy you at all? I just looked at a dyno sheet, and at first glance I think I might miss the torque that you get way down low in the RPMs with the m62 or TVS.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Not at all... your only in those rpm ranges for a second or two...

how i know im faster... i beat a bmw 325 last night with NO problems... before with my 2.8 setup they would pull away slowly...

The instant the tq hits, your steering wheel jams to the right and you have to hold on tight in order to stop your car from steering itself into something... Its pure amazement..
Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Damn, thats impressive... I watched your other thread, but I didnt see any videos, have you made any yet? Are you otherwise "stock"? (pistons, head, etc etc)
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM

waiting to get a good video cam...

Everything is stock.. even the tune from hahn... and appearantly messing with that will get you some really nice hp...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM

rotflmmfao!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Not at all... your only in those rpm ranges for a second or two...

how i know im faster... i beat a bmw 325 last night with NO problems... before with my 2.8 setup they would pull away slowly...

The instant the tq hits, your steering wheel jams to the right and you have to hold on tight in order to stop your car from steering itself into something... Its pure amazement..
i hope you mean 335... what are your mods?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Not sure.. it could have been.. started with a 3... ended with a five.. i think it was a 325 though.

Check my sig?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM

ever since tax season these things are rolling in left and right.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM

^^ Aint They.. i gotta do something to make mine diff...

I wanna get the vulcan equal length and a bigger turby...

I really want a tune... and a boost controller.. those are my two big things.

Last edited by ShortStack; 04-01-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Does the hahn have a turbo timer so you dont have to sit and idle before turning it off? I didnt think I saw one in the parts list.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM

You can order one, doesnt come with one.. they are about 80 - 100 bucks for a normal one.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 PM

^^ Aint They.. i gotta do something to make mine diff...

I wanna get the vulcan equal length and a bigger turby...

I really want a tune... and a boost controller.. those are my two big things.

=sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

eventually im gonna go vulcan equal and external gated, but keep my 20g i love the way the midrange hits...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 04-01-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM

That mani makes me hump things...

You can convert it?

I effing want hptuners.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:11 PM

yep unhook the internal wastgate
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Hmm.. crazy...
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Looks like a great project, keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
I was looking at the Hahn site, and on the downpipes they sell with their kits, there is no cat... Is it not possible/recommended to put a cat in with a turbo swap? I am considering a couple of different options for ditching the m62 in the future, but I would definitely need to keep my cat for emissions requirements here in texas...
I got Bill to weld in a high flow metalic cat on mine because I plan on moving to BC(Province over from where Im at) and they have very very strict emission laws so if I didnt get it done now I would be ****. He says that the restrictions should be next to nothing. Im still fighting with this thing. Im tripping a random cylinder misfire and a lean code right now. I have been working with Aaron at Hahn to try to figure this out now. I went out and spent $130 on heavy duty clamps to replace the ones the kit comes with just in case I had a leak but didnt correct no problem. He thinks that the problem may lie in the fact that I had the stage 2 tune on the car with my old supercharger setup and since it wasnt set back to "stock" that may have affected when they tuned it. He is trying to get ahold of Bill to find out forsure but Im kinda hoping this is the problem. Just will have to wait a week or so w/o the PCM again but it beats wrapping my brain around all sorts of other possibilities. Wish me luck

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
yep unhook the internal wastgate
Ok, Im no mechanic but what do you mean "unhook the internal wastegate"?? I dont even know what that is. Dont make fun of me anyone cause this is prob a dumb question to you guys who know much about turbos but Im clueless to say the least. Also, with the turbo timer what exactly does that do? Does it just keep the car running for a certain length of time after you stop? If I dont have one then how long after driving do I need to let the car run for? None of this was in the Hahn manual so I dont want to be doing anything incorrectly. Thanks!

Last edited by Angel; 04-03-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Banned

looks great!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Angel
I got Bill to weld in a high flow metalic cat on mine because I plan on moving to BC(Province over from where Im at) and they have very very strict emission laws so if I didnt get it done now I would be ****. He says that the restrictions should be next to nothing. Im still fighting with this thing. Im tripping a random cylinder misfire and a lean code right now. I have been working with Aaron at Hahn to try to figure this out now. I went out and spent $130 on heavy duty clamps to replace the ones the kit comes with just in case I had a leak but didnt correct no problem. He thinks that the problem may lie in the fact that I had the stage 2 tune on the car with my old supercharger setup and since it wasnt set back to "stock" that may have affected when they tuned it. He is trying to get ahold of Bill to find out forsure but Im kinda hoping this is the problem. Just will have to wait a week or so w/o the PCM again but it beats wrapping my brain around all sorts of other possibilities. Wish me luck

Ok, Im no mechanic but what do you mean "unhook the internal wastegate"?? I dont even know what that is. Dont make fun of me anyone cause this is prob a dumb question to you guys who know much about turbos but Im clueless to say the least. Also, with the turbo timer what exactly does that do? Does it just keep the car running for a certain length of time after you stop? If I dont have one then how long after driving do I need to let the car run for? None of this was in the Hahn manual so I dont want to be doing anything incorrectly. Thanks!
Yes, a turbo timer keeps the car running to allow the turbo proper time to cool. A buddy of mine didn't bother in investing in one of those or letting his car run for a few mins after driving it fairly hard and he blew his turbo. What happens is the turbo creates massive amounts of heat and if you just turn the car off, the oil stops circulating through it and sludges up and the turbo doesn't get to cool properly. A turbo timer will keep the car running for a set amount of time to allow the turbo to cool and you can just take out the key and walk away. If someone would happen to get in the car while it's still running and put it in gear, it'll shut itself off as a safety feature. So you don't have to worry about someone stealing ur car because of the timer. Very recommended that you get one of those to prolong the life of your turbo. I'm pretty sure you can set it to any amount of time you want, I've seen people run 2 mins all the way to 7 mins on their timers. I would think 3-4 would be sufficient tho. Hope I helped some...
Old 04-03-2009, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ~Mike~
Yes, a turbo timer keeps the car running to allow the turbo proper time to cool. A buddy of mine didn't bother in investing in one of those or letting his car run for a few mins after driving it fairly hard and he blew his turbo. What happens is the turbo creates massive amounts of heat and if you just turn the car off, the oil stops circulating through it and sludges up and the turbo doesn't get to cool properly. A turbo timer will keep the car running for a set amount of time to allow the turbo to cool and you can just take out the key and walk away. If someone would happen to get in the car while it's still running and put it in gear, it'll shut itself off as a safety feature. So you don't have to worry about someone stealing ur car because of the timer. Very recommended that you get one of those to prolong the life of your turbo. I'm pretty sure you can set it to any amount of time you want, I've seen people run 2 mins all the way to 7 mins on their timers. I would think 3-4 would be sufficient tho. Hope I helped some...
Thank you, that definiteley help me out alot. I will definitely be purchasing one of those then. Just out of curiosity my car has been up on jack stands for the last month or so and since the build I have ran the car at idle mostly but I have also reved it up alot too and I have not let the car run much after returning to idle before I turned it off. I just hope that I havent done any damage to the turbo but I think that since the car hasnt run hard(like not under load w/o and wheels on it) and the bov hasnt even blown even at its lightest setting I sure hope this hasnt been to hard on the turbo....
Old 04-03-2009, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Angel
Thank you, that definiteley help me out alot. I will definitely be purchasing one of those then. Just out of curiosity my car has been up on jack stands for the last month or so and since the build I have ran the car at idle mostly but I have also reved it up alot too and I have not let the car run much after returning to idle before I turned it off. I just hope that I havent done any damage to the turbo but I think that since the car hasnt run hard(like not under load w/o and wheels on it) and the bov hasnt even blown even at its lightest setting I sure hope this hasnt been to hard on the turbo....
Nah, you should be totally fine. After all, it is the idling phase that cools the turbo. I would personally just let the engine get to normal operating temp for a minute or two and then shut it back off.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 AM

good stuff

Quick Reply: Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!