Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Alarm... issues.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm... issues.

So I finally took my cheap ass down the street to get my windows tinted and an alarm. I was quoted 140 for the tint and a free alarm. Sounds good. 65 for alarm install, sure it's cheap. When I got charged, the install wasn't added, so it was 146 total. Awsome free install. My conscience got to me so I told them they didn't charge it. They let it go, so new alarm, no charge. Any ways, the little door to the left of the steering wheel won't close, so i investigate. Wow. the alarm was kinda dangling behind the "door", but the wires are kinda tigh, so I am going to relocate it. Also I don't have power locks, so they didn't give me the harness. they said they would find me the harness next trip. I haven't complained to them about the install yet (there are also places where they seem to have treid to connect into the wrong wire, then changed their mind and never taped the exposed wires) Since it was a free alarm with free install, should I complain or just redo it myself. Also the tint still has small "water bubbles" apparently and it's been like 6 days, is this normal? This is my first after market tint or alarm, so I am already feeling let down. Any opinions?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by T Dawg
So I finally took my cheap ass down the street to get my windows tinted and an alarm. I was quoted 140 for the tint and a free alarm. Sounds good. 65 for alarm install, sure it's cheap. When I got charged, the install wasn't added, so it was 146 total. Awsome free install. My conscience got to me so I told them they didn't charge it. They let it go, so new alarm, no charge. Any ways, the little door to the left of the steering wheel won't close, so i investigate. Wow. the alarm was kinda dangling behind the "door", but the wires are kinda tigh, so I am going to relocate it. Also I don't have power locks, so they didn't give me the harness. they said they would find me the harness next trip. I haven't complained to them about the install yet (there are also places where they seem to have treid to connect into the wrong wire, then changed their mind and never taped the exposed wires) Since it was a free alarm with free install, should I complain or just redo it myself. Also the tint still has small "water bubbles" apparently and it's been like 6 days, is this normal? This is my first after market tint or alarm, so I am already feeling let down. Any opinions?
dude, you dropped a pretty penney into your car, do u want a half ass job or done right? i would take it back and tell them that there are bubbles in the tint , and ask them to reinstall the alarm if they say they will but there will be a charge, pay it if it is minimal, and if they charge an arm and a leg then take it somewhere else to have it done and let them know that your going to.... good luck
Old 03-01-2006, 10:11 PM

And I would say a wise move would be to take pictures before you take it back. Don't let them fix it--or hide it--before anything else goes wrong. Pictures are your best friend, they never lie. I suppose that could make them your worst enemy, too, in the proper situation.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:17 PM

True. The tint came with a warranty, but with the alarm, if it looks like maybe a noob installed it, then maybe he will f@^k it up if I have them redo it?? We'll see
Old 03-01-2006, 11:24 PM

deff get the windows fixed. Mine didn't have water bubble but were foggy from the glue for about week to week and a half. I've had three cars tinted all have taken about this long. Also if you got air bubbles in your tint get them to fix those should take no more than 5-10 mins. As far as the alarm goes if you know what you doing try it yourself. if not ask if they can fix it.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM

I am new to alarms, but I am electronically inclined (most of the time). Anyways, I am trying to save more money by doing my own actuators. Anyone know how many actuators can be operated by each relay? I have found different diagrams and some show one pair for all four locks and some show a pair for each door. Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 11:26 PM

Still wondering about the number of door locks that can run off one pair of relays. I only have the front doors hooked up right now, but will want to do the back soon. Can I just run everything together?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:04 AM

no Idea. Why don't you search google or ask the place that installed it?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:19 PM

I have tried google and I installed the keyless to the alarm myself. The install guys are buttheads, and I am just curious, not that big of a deal.