Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Battery reset: radio still remembers station presets

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery reset: radio still remembers station presets

Hey I'm trying to get cruise control working after replacing the led 3rd brake light with normal bulbs. I figured I'd reset the battery before moving on to replacing other things like clutch switch and cruise switch. I'll remove positive and negative terminals overnight then reconnect them and come to find the radio still keeps its presets and clock. Is is actually resetting? Thanks
Old 01-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
I think the radio presets are stored in some kinda memory on the radio. but maybe u just have a secret battery hidden somewhere lol
Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 PM

Heh nah I noticed it does reset the time so it is resetting. Has anyone ever fixed cruise by fixing turn signal lever?

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...0/#post5778030

Mine doesn't work so I'll start with what I know is broke before the shotgun approach of throwing $ at all other possibilities...
Old 01-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
my cruise sometimes doesn't work, when I take the battery out for a while, or when I for some reason turn the car off and back on while driving lol don't ask. then I have to play with the button a bit and basically just leave it alone after that then It starts working
Old 01-24-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
my cruise sometimes doesn't work, when I take the battery out for a while, or when I for some reason turn the car off and back on while driving lol don't ask. then I have to play with the button a bit and basically just leave it alone after that then It starts working
I notice the button thing too. I couldn't scroll through the DIC if the switch wasn't sitting perfectly "up." If I pulled it out towards me the info button worked but let it go it wouldn't work. Works after some finagling.

I went an tested my switch contact points today and got open loop with switch engaged so hopefully a new switch is all I need!

Last edited by Mysterion; 01-24-2017 at 11:31 PM.