Tuning For tuning and related discussions

What tune do i have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What tune do i have?

This might be a really dumb question and i hope it isnt but how do i know what tune my car has?

I recently traded my 06 ss/sc in for an 09 ss/tc. I got the car and didnt realize it had a selectable tune on it until the day after i took it home. Anyway, its activated by pressing traction control 2 times and entering competitive mode. It boosts around 20-22psi.

The other thing is, is there a way i can find out what mods the tune was made for? The car is bone stock other than the tune.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Trifecta, I would returned it but more than like likely intake and downpipe
Old 10-21-2015, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
Trifecta, I would returned it but more than like likely intake and downpipe
Return it to stock? Whats wrong with trifecta? Ive read that its a pretty good tune. And is there a way to confirm what the tune was for? Mod wise?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:46 PM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by kikal8
Return it to stock? Whats wrong with trifecta? Ive read that its a pretty good tune. And is there a way to confirm what the tune was for? Mod wise?
Trifecta runs very rich. What exactly do u mean about confirming what the tune is for? If your wondering what mods you have, your gonna have to get a little dirty and check whats on your car. We cant tell you what mods you have done. You have to check for yourself
Old 10-21-2015, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by double clutch
Trifecta runs very rich. What exactly do u mean about confirming what the tune is for? If your wondering what mods you have, your gonna have to get a little dirty and check whats on your car. We cant tell you what mods you have done. You have to check for yourself
Has anyone actually had any issues with trifecta?

And im talking about what mods the tune was made for. When you order the trifecta tune it asks what mods you have. Im assuming they ask because the tune will be different depending on the mods.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

Well if he just removed the mods and put everything to stock you will want to retune. And by retune I mean for the mods you have not to go back to stock. And if you dig some more you will find that trifecta isn't that good but it will pass. Most here will suggest for you to hptuned
Old 10-21-2015, 11:55 PM

Has anyone actually had any issues with trifecta? And im talking about what mods the tune was made for. When you order the trifecta tune it asks what mods you have. Im assuming they ask because the tune will be different depending on the mods.
There are plenty of threads on here talking about trifectas tunes. The general consensus is they are way too rich. For mods you have to physically go out to your car and look. Check your downpipe, intake, charge pipes, and intercooler. Those are the basic bolt on mods done.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
Well if he just removed the mods and put everything to stock you will want to retune. And by retune I mean for the mods you have not to go back to stock. And if you dig some more you will find that trifecta isn't that good but it will pass. Most here will suggest for you to hptuned
Well the plan is to find out what mods the current tune was made for, and hopefully its like you said earlier. Intake and dp. Then get an intake and dp then ride that out for a bit and if really necessary, get a new tune
Old 10-21-2015, 11:58 PM

There are plenty of threads on here talking about trifectas tunes. The general consensus is they are way too rich. For mods you have to physically go out to your car and look. Check your downpipe, intake, charge pipes, and intercooler. Those are the basic bolt on mods done.
I dont mean to sound rude but please read guys. I KNOW the car is STOCK right now. Im very aware of this fact and if it werent i would know and say so. But i said multiple times now that the car is stock and im just wondering what mods the tune was made for.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:00 AM

I dont mean to sound rude but please read guys. I KNOW the car is STOCK right now. Im very aware of this fact and if it werent i would know and say so. But i said multiple times now that the car is stock and im just wondering what mods the tune was made for.
You know that a car doesnt need to have mods to be tuned right?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 AM

You know that a car doesnt need to have mods to be tuned right?
Jesus... Very aware of that. But highly doubt the person that bought the tune didnt have any mods.
Listen. Im just wondering if anyone has a clue if i can find out details of what tune is on the car currently. Now i know its trifecta, i suppose the best thing to do would be to contact them and see if they can help, but figured maybe you guys had info
Old 10-22-2015, 12:10 AM

Jesus... Very aware of that. But highly doubt the person that bought the tune didnt have any mods. Listen. Im just wondering if anyone has a clue if i can find out details of what tune is on the car currently. Now i know its trifecta, i suppose the best thing to do would be to contact them and see if they can help, but figured maybe you guys had info
Well if your so aware then why are you so clueless in thinking that we know what your car was tuned for? Email trifecta and give them your vin #. Its not hard to figure out. I didnt ask anyone on here what my zzp tune was for. I emailed zzp and they helped me out. Pretty simple.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:13 AM

Well if your so aware then why are you so clueless in thinking that we know what your car was tuned for? Email trifecta and give them your vin #. Its not hard to figure out. I didnt ask anyone on here what my zzp tune was for. I emailed zzp and they helped me out. Pretty simple.
The original purpose of the thread was to find out what tune it was. Now i know what it is the threads done.

So although i appreciate you trying to help, try reading the whole post before saying anything. Pretty simple.

Thanks for your help guys
Old 10-22-2015, 12:21 AM

A simple search could have told you that information.

Heres the first thread that popped up after searching "traction control tune"

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...ontrol-180646/

Not that hard
Old 10-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member

No problem but yeah email or call trifecta and see what the tune was for thats going to be the fun part tho I've heard they take forever to respond