Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   2008 SS/TC Loud Clicking? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/2008-ss-tc-loud-clicking-124678/)

exninja 05-04-2015 12:27 PM

Also remember that the engine is going to sound like a diesel no matter what, even after warm up. It'll get quieter in closed loop, but it's still "ticky." That's the direct injection doing it's thing. That's not to say that there's nothing wrong. By now the valves are probably pretty coked up and will at least use a good cleaning. That can make them noisier.

Babying the car may even make the coking worse.

turbocharged717 05-04-2015 05:51 PM

The only way to know for sure would be to take it apart and look to see if anything is wrong. I can't be for sure because I haven't had to deal with it. But they are quite noisy. Maybe someone else will chime in with some advice.

Meadowvalien 04-21-2016 05:02 PM

I have a clicking noise from the Hpfp, hold on.... It's is not normal! I know what the normal clicking sounds like, this noise is louder, it happens for about a 30 secs after start up. It did NOT always sound this way! I was wondering if this is a precursor to the Hpfp on its way out? Or has anyone encountered this?

Also when quickly revved the noise is noticeable, very hard to tell if it's coming from the same place.. Any thoughts?

cluelessk 04-21-2016 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meadowvalien (Post 7605028)
I have a clicking noise from the Hpfp, hold on.... It's is not normal! I know what the normal clicking sounds like, this noise is louder, it happens for about a 30 secs after start up. It did NOT always sound this way! I was wondering if this is a precursor to the Hpfp on its way out? Or has anyone encountered this?

Also when quickly revved the noise is noticeable, very hard to tell if it's coming from the same place.. Any thoughts?

It's probably normal. You're just listening for it now.

Our cars engines are super loud.

Meadowvalien 04-22-2016 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by cluelessk (Post 7605054)
It's probably normal. You're just listening for it now.

Our cars engines are super loud.

100% its not normal man, during any acceleration there's a very loud ticking type noise. Trust me when I tell you it does not sound the same as when I got the car. The noise almost resembles an exhaust leak, it almost disappears when coasting in gear but under any acceleration its really loud, like embrassing wtf is wrong with that guys car loud...haha

63 Nova SS 04-23-2016 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meadowvalien (Post 7605203)
100% its not normal man, during any acceleration there's a very loud ticking type noise. Trust me when I tell you it does not sound the same as when I got the car. The noise almost resembles an exhaust leak, it almost disappears when coasting in gear but under any acceleration its really loud, like embrassing wtf is wrong with that guys car loud...haha

Pull valve cover and make sure your rocker arms are ok, those or the lifters can break sometimes especially if you like to bounce off the rev limiter. Timing chain tensioner could also be worn and your chain could be "slapping" a little.