08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

"2009" ss SEDAN?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"2009" ss SEDAN?

Whats up everyone, this is my first post here. I have decided that my first car is going to be a new turbocharged cobalt SS. I can't decide on the 2008 coupe or the "2009" sedan that just came out a few weeks ago. Yes thats right, I was told by a salesman that the SS Sedans just became available the first week of July here and he even showed me a 3-ring binder with the 2009 ( its being released as an 09 obviously) and all the option charts and what not. If you google for it, you can catch a few pictures of mainly this maroon colored 09 SS Sedan. I am torn between the coupe and the sedan. I mean, going into business, I want to opt for the sedan, in case I have to take out co-workers/clients or whatever. But there just is something inside of me that doesn't quite agree with the SS Sedan. The coupe, while many can make their cavalier remarks, just looks a lil bit sportier.

If you have caught word that the 09 SS Sedans are available, what are your thoughts. If you haven't caught word, google time!

Happy Driving All.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sleeper Sedan FTW!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 AM

yes started taking orders, when will it be out???lol as all of us know the ss T/C is a elusive creature lol..I love my coupe dont like the idea of a sedan unless its a sleeper there is lots of room in the coupe for clients, even the back seats are roomy. and welcome 2
Old 07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned

whew, thanks for the relief. I was actually JUST upstairs with the ol' man talking to him about it. Hes not a fan of me getting a turbo, but even he agreed the sedan looked awkward and liked the coupe. Thanks dodge2chevy for the brief input. I was just thinking of a situation where Im the greenhorne standing there asking someone to cram in the back seat.

I drive a POS 94 Saturn SC coupe ....o yeah forgot to mention.. Im about 6'1-6'2ft tall, mostly legs. That car is hell in the backseat for ANYONE. Man I cannnot wait to get this SS coupe. Decided I am def. going with the coupe.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by FiscalFizz
whew, thanks for the relief. I was actually JUST upstairs with the ol' man talking to him about it. Hes not a fan of me getting a turbo, but even he agreed the sedan looked awkward and liked the coupe. Thanks dodge2chevy for the brief input. I was just thinking of a situation where Im the greenhorne standing there asking someone to cram in the back seat.

I drive a POS 94 Saturn SC coupe ....o yeah forgot to mention.. Im about 6'1-6'2ft tall, mostly legs. That car is hell in the backseat for ANYONE. Man I cannnot wait to get this SS coupe. Decided I am def. going with the coupe.
Friend of mine is 6'1'' and he said he had lots of room, and he was sitting behind my cousin who is 6'2'' soo i say do it. sedan=mehhh coupe=sex and 2 your pops just tell him is a cobalt its ssssssslow even with 260 bhp and a turbo
Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned

He is a 33 year vetran of General Motors here in Lansing, MI. He knows that the new T/Ced cobalt is not that slow. And I am not 16, I am 23 years old. So he isn't that concerned with the speed more then the insurance.

Does anyone happen to know if the difference in insurance payments differ dramatically when going from a naturally aspirated engine to a turbo or supercharged (turbo in this case obviously) engine? I know paymenst will be different for everyone depending on a slew of factors. But I am expecting the payments to be a bit higher cuz of the turbo or am I mistaken? does the engine displacement/size matter more then super/turbo charger? I mean, heck, still talking about a 2.0 here.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FiscalFizz
He is a 33 year vetran of General Motors here in Lansing, MI. He knows that the new T/Ced cobalt is not that slow. And I am not 16, I am 23 years old. So he isn't that concerned with the speed more then the insurance.

Does anyone happen to know if the difference in insurance payments differ dramatically when going from a naturally aspirated engine to a turbo or supercharged (turbo in this case obviously) engine? I know paymenst will be different for everyone depending on a slew of factors. But I am expecting the payments to be a bit higher cuz of the turbo or am I mistaken? does the engine displacement/size matter more then super/turbo charger? I mean, heck, still talking about a 2.0 here.
Call your insurance company and ask. Anything said on here is hearsay and nothing more...