08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Could use some help locating body parts for 2010 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could use some help locating body parts for 2010 SS

Def have my work cut out for me but can anyone point me in right direction for getting new oem body parts. My car was a total loss from insurance company but i decided to keep.the car for the 400 bux and glad i did cause frame is completly straight. Need a new hood, headlights and fog lamps, front bumper and grille assembly and a new radiator support bar
I got rearended and then hit car in front of me...and could really use some opinions/suggestions

Old 08-14-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Cut it. Make a chromoly bar. Done
Old 08-15-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip.....now i gotta find an SS from bumper, grille and ground effects....plus replace the radiator and headlights/fogs.....do you guys think gmpartsdirect.com will have an SS front bumper?
Im also thinking of selling the car as is....it has almost 85k miles on it and car ran absolutely perfect before the accident. What would u think is a fair price? I have hahn catted downpipe with mpx catback, zzp canned tune, k&n sri and an mpx intercooler
Old 08-15-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by jgerma01
Thanks for the tip.....now i gotta find an SS from bumper, grille and ground effects....plus replace the radiator and headlights/fogs.....do you guys think gmpartsdirect.com will have an SS front bumper?
Im also thinking of selling the car as is....it has almost 85k miles on it and car ran absolutely perfect before the accident. What would u think is a fair price? I have hahn catted downpipe with mpx catback, zzp canned tune, k&n sri and an mpx intercooler
You're gonna go broke buying body parts new. Look for part Craigslist. Member on here is parting out a car right now.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
eBay front bumper, painted, $400. I think it's $50 extra to get the one with holes in it for the lip. I didn't run one till I found a good deal on one then I cut the holes for it and siliconed it on. Pick and pull for fenders and cut a rad support out of a good car if you can. Weld, mount the fenders, bumper, headlight brackets from a pick n pull, you'll be gold. Order some TYC headlights if you can, if you can stay away from garbage ones as they'll simply not last (ask me how I know). Total repair estimate is about $2k. Cost me $1700 to do similar work, that's doing it all ourselves. Fog lights you can also get from eBay. Attachment 61163
Old 08-17-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
You can sell it as is if you want. Won't yield much money. I'm in New Jersey and can prolly buy it if price is right.
if you want to repair it. I have a ac condensar. A rad and crash bar if it needs it. A base model front bumper. All left for you to get is the rad support or just cut it and weld something on. Hood. Grille.