08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

going to buy tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to buy tomorrow

Ya Im planning on ordering an intercooler, charge pipes with maf relocate and bov tomorrow. 1. What do you guys think of a maf relocate? To do it do you have to cut any wires? 2. Do you guys think an intercooler is even worth the money? Im thinking either treadstone, mpx, or zzp. Opinions on which one to get? There all 3 about the same so just wondering if theres an advantage over one. 3. what is your favorite charge pipe and favorite bov? Sound wise for the bov whats your fav? I like the turboxs bov but im thinking possibly about getting the intercooler and charge pipe kit from zzp and they dont weld in the flange for that. Whats the loudest bov out there? Ive heard the turboxs bov is the loudest.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 PM

If i dont get an intercooler then ill probably get the injen charge pipes with the turboxs bov but then it wouldnt come with the maf relocate. Is the maf relocate needed?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MAF relocates and BOV's are a waste of money, IMO, but it's your car. I don't have any opinion on which parts to get because I don't even have aftermarket charge pipes. On the IC, I do have an opinion. They are worth the money just for the reliability of getting away from the plastic piece of **** that comes stock. Get a ZZP. Best on the market........hands down. I don't know how many times I've typed that.

Originally Posted by roadrunner132
If i dont get an intercooler then ill probably get the injen charge pipes with the turboxs bov but then it wouldnt come with the maf relocate. Is the maf relocate needed?
You don't NEED a MAF relocate with a BOV, but it's a good idea to get it to run perfectly with a atmospheric BOV.

Last edited by SSlobalt; 05-03-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt
MAF relocates and BOV's are a waste of money, IMO, but it's your car. I don't have any opinion on which parts to get because I don't even have aftermarket charge pipes. On the IC, I do have an opinion. They are worth the money just for the reliability of getting away from the plastic piece of **** that comes stock. Get a ZZP. Best on the market........hands down. I don't know how many times I've typed that.

You don't NEED a MAF relocate with a BOV, but it's a good idea to get it to run perfectly with a atmospheric BOV.
^^^^^^this^^^^^
Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty much what has been said its the basis of what you will get as opinions. If you REALLY want to spend the money for a BOV cuz of the little bit of extra sound then it would be in your best interest to do a MAF Relocate for tuning purposes. But honestly, I have Turbosmart Raceport BOV on mine (aftermarket turbokit) and people with the Forge BPV upgrade have a louder BOV sound than me.

As for part brands. I have owned a zzp intercooler and loved it. I currently own everything Treadstone and love them even more. (Hot and coldside chargepipes with MAF Relocate, and their TR8 intercooler)

I have also owned Dejon chargepipes and those were really nice as well. Its just a matter of what you like. They all do the same thing and work the same way haha
Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by FrossB
pretty much what has been said its the basis of what you will get as opinions. If you REALLY want to spend the money for a BOV cuz of the little bit of extra sound then it would be in your best interest to do a MAF Relocate for tuning purposes. But honestly, I have Turbosmart Raceport BOV on mine (aftermarket turbokit) and people with the Forge BPV upgrade have a louder BOV sound than me.

As for part brands. I have owned a zzp intercooler and loved it. I currently own everything Treadstone and love them even more. (Hot and coldside chargepipes with MAF Relocate, and their TR8 intercooler)

I have also owned Dejon chargepipes and those were really nice as well. Its just a matter of what you like. They all do the same thing and work the same way haha
Hey can you post a picture of the Treadstone charge pipes and all I wanna see them. Im having a hard time picking. Ive heard great things about Treadstone.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM

oh ok nevermind I just saw it on their website. I like the pipes I just dont like the flange they have on it.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 PM

.....ya its actually a really great price for the intercooler kit. I just dont like that flange....
Old 05-04-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
im running ZZP charge pipe and treadstone TR8 intercooler. I had bought my pieces for the cost. I got both those pieces way cheaper than what they are selling for now due to sales. Next sale that pops up may be black friday in November.... Love both companies equally to be honest. They both bring to the table along with MPx, and others when it comes to parts.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor

we can custom weld a flange on for you for an extra $30 plus materials, HKS, Greddy, or Tial, we do not have turbo XS
Old 05-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Treadstone
we can custom weld a flange on for you for an extra $30 plus materials, HKS, Greddy, or Tial, we do not have turbo XS
ya ive been looking at your stuff for a while and think im gonna order the intercooler kit and the bpv block off plate. I wish you guys sold a maf block off plate to though but if doesnt matter saying I have to order the maf extension wire from zzp anyway ill just get that block off plate from them. and that turboxs bov ill need to order from modern performance.... :/ so much shipping costs
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by roadrunner132
ya ive been looking at your stuff for a while and think im gonna order the intercooler kit and the bpv block off plate. I wish you guys sold a maf block off plate to though but if doesnt matter saying I have to order the maf extension wire from zzp anyway ill just get that block off plate from them. and that turboxs bov ill need to order from modern performance.... :/ so much shipping costs

have MAP send the BOV to us to weld it on, plus its cheaper to send to a business.