08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

How much did you guys pay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna get the price down more?..pretend u didnt want the sunroof..and tell him you wont take it..unless maybe u lower the price..pic at EVERY IN PERFECTION IN THE PAIN! every scratch and what not..take money off..make sure tehy include the free inspection for your car and possably free tires and what not(what i have on my car!) See if they will include a warrentee on the Turbo i have on on my SC(might only be b.c im stage 2 and i bought the car like taht) umm.i cant think of anything else to get the price down...lol..

but yeah i bought my car barly used it wasnt even broken in it had 16,000 miles on it its got recaros(isnt that G85 modle?) XM, Power locks and windows, Sunroof, Lowrise Spoiler, Sport red tintcoat paint, I got a warrentee on my stage 2 supercharger, the motor itself along w.the entire car, thats all i can think off but i payed 19,741.00 out the door tax and all. base price for the car when i was talking to the saleman he said the best he can doo for me was 19 flat..
Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by StageII07
Wanna get the price down more?..pretend u didnt want the sunroof..and tell him you wont take it..unless maybe u lower the price..pic at EVERY IN PERFECTION IN THE PAIN! every scratch and what not..take money off..make sure tehy include the free inspection for your car and possably free tires and what not(what i have on my car!) See if they will include a warrentee on the Turbo i have on on my SC(might only be b.c im stage 2 and i bought the car like taht) umm.i cant think of anything else to get the price down...lol..

but yeah i bought my car barly used it wasnt even broken in it had 16,000 miles on it its got recaros(isnt that G85 modle?) XM, Power locks and windows, Sunroof, Lowrise Spoiler, Sport red tintcoat paint, I got a warrentee on my stage 2 supercharger, the motor itself along w.the entire car, thats all i can think off but i payed 19,741.00 out the door tax and all. base price for the car when i was talking to the saleman he said the best he can doo for me was 19 flat..
That is the oldest trick in the book. That is all i heard when I worked at a dealership it never worked
Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 PM

If you want an accurate comparison between car deals, you can only look at the price of the car itself. The "out the door" price that someone else got doesn't mean much...Some states and cities have higher sales tax and registration fees than others. Some buyers have points from their GM card to lower the purchase price...others may qualify for GM employee discounts while you may not. All of these things are usually fixed and non-negotiable.

Your only leeway during negotiations will be with the price of the car, the trade-in value of your car, and the finance charges. Don't expect the dealer to offer you a bottom dollar price on his car and and a top dollar trade-in on your car...it just doesn't work that way.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by oldun
If you want an accurate comparison between car deals, you can only look at the price of the car itself. The "out the door" price that someone else got doesn't mean much...Some states and cities have higher sales tax and registration fees than others. Some buyers have points from their GM card to lower the purchase price...others may qualify for GM employee discounts while you may not. All of these things are usually fixed and non-negotiable.

Your only leeway during negotiations will be with the price of the car, the trade-in value of your car, and the finance charges. Don't expect the dealer to offer you a bottom dollar price on his car and and a top dollar trade-in on your car...it just doesn't work that way.
didnt expect it to work that way. Just wondering becaus he is saying that hes selling the car for what the dealership pays for it from the factory. Just want to see if the guy is full of **** which i think he is
Old 11-03-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by 04redline0124
OK soo did anyone buy this car without gm discount or any of that b/s lol....im jsut buying it straight up????????????
I just bought straight up, after ttl came it to 20,840 on a 2008 SS/TC. They wouldn't accept my GM employee discount
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rownan
I just bought straight up, after ttl came it to 20,840 on a 2008 SS/TC. They wouldn't accept my GM employee discount
cuz they already gave it to u lol thats cheap