Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   Intercepter + Wideband? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/intercepter-wideband-168953/)

mexi_loco 04-30-2009 10:07 PM

yeah, an aem is a true wideband anyways. that's why it has a o2 bung

and i'd sell you mine cheap if i hadn't promised my buddy with an srt caliber

NWAE Cobalt 04-30-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mexi_loco (Post 3807679)
yeah, an aem is a true wideband anyways. that's why it has a o2 bung

and i'd sell you mine cheap if i hadn't promised my buddy with an srt caliber

lawl, im pretty much broke right now anyways :lol:

BLAZIN07SS 04-30-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by SRTrent (Post 3807675)
so where are the two wideband sensors at in the SS/TC's? gotta be in the exhaust somewhere right? and does the computer give you a reading of what your AFR's are?

they replaced what would normally be regular o2 sensors, with wideband sensors.

mexi_loco 04-30-2009 10:10 PM

and yes...your laptop can read your AFR's if you use HPT or some kind of datalogger

peachpuff 04-30-2009 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS (Post 3807210)
the interceptor gauge for the SS/TC's read wideband through the OBDII. nothing else needed. the car has 2 widebands stock

1 wideband, not 2.

Originally Posted by SRTrent (Post 3807552)
what are you guys talking about the Cobalt SS/TC has "widebands" stock?

All lnf engines(solstice/sky/cobalt/hhr) have a wideband after the turbo, it can be read through the obd2 port with the interceptor/dashdaq/dashhawk gauge.

FutureEcotecOwner 04-30-2009 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by peachpuff (Post 3807918)
1 wideband, not 2.

All lnf engines(solstice/sky/cobalt/hhr) have a wideband after the turbo, it can be read through the obd2 port with the interceptor/dashdaq/dashhawk gauge.

So where would I buy one of these gauges, and are they easy to install? I'm all for modding cars with performance parts, but i dont know shit when it comes to electronics.

mexi_loco 04-30-2009 11:50 PM

you have a couple of choices. I think (don't quote me) you can get an RPD guage from the dealership, or you can spring the cash for an interceptor from OTTP. They honestly have the best price next to ebay.

SRTrent 05-01-2009 01:33 AM

get a scangauge if it's seriously read through the OBDII port... or get that RPD gauge. how much would it be from the dealership?

mexi_loco 05-01-2009 08:05 AM

i have no idea. i don't have a t/c yet, BUT when I am ready to get one I'm just gonna tell them to throw it in with the price.

redcomet303 05-01-2009 08:16 AM

NWAE Cobalt

it does not work that way you can't just replace your stock narrow band with a wideband it will throw your ecm way off. They have a different voltage range. plus you cannot just hook up a wideband sensor to the aerofoce. you must have a controller box for the sensor with a 5v signal out to hook to your gauge. and yes stock LNF have 1 after the turbo that can be read with an aeroforce scanguage.

FutureEcotecOwner 05-01-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by redcomet303 (Post 3809671)
NWAE Cobalt

it does not work that way you can't just replace your stock narrow band with a wideband it will throw your ecm way off. They have a different voltage range. plus you cannot just hook up a wideband sensor to the aerofoce. you must have a controller box for the sensor with a 5v signal out to hook to your gauge. and yes stock LNF have 1 after the turbo that can be read with an aeroforce scanguage.

How hard would it be to order an Aeroforce Scanguage and have it hooked up to my SS/TC?

NWAE Cobalt 05-01-2009 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by redcomet303 (Post 3809671)
NWAE Cobalt

right, i know im going to leave my stock ones in place, my downpipe has an extra bung for wideband though, so i want one...i just dont want to spend so much on it lolol
i was trying to see if i could pick up an ss/tc sensor and plug it into a gauge and make it work as a wideband seperate from any other operating sensors

peachpuff 05-01-2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner (Post 3808149)
So where would I buy one of these gauges, and are they easy to install? I'm all for modding cars with performance parts, but i dont know shit when it comes to electronics.

Do a search on google, there's plenty of places that sell them.

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner (Post 3810542)
How hard would it be to order an Aeroforce Scanguage and have it hooked up to my SS/TC?

It plugs into the obd2 port.