08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

mods mods and more mods

Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mods mods and more mods

wats up all...i need some ideas to get some gains..im stock still...gonna get solid engine mounts forged pistons...single canister from DC aem intake..bigger piping..stage 2 clutch bigger BOV...and a tune what else does everyone suggest...how far can i go without swapping turbos
Old 01-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by tommy lammers
wats up all...i need some ideas to get some gains..im stock still...gonna get solid engine mounts forged pistons...single canister from DC aem intake..bigger piping..stage 2 clutch bigger BOV...and a tune what else does everyone suggest...how far can i go without swapping turbos

Why do you need forged pistons?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BOV is good for 30whp
Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by G Speed
Why do you need forged pistons?
Because you can't run a DC Fart Can without forged pistons!!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:27 AM

holy hell, welcome to rice.com
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
BOV is good for 30whp
haha
Old 01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

It you want a fun car with good sound their are 3 basic mods you can get.

1)Tune....this is where most of your power will be gained
2)Intake....gains some power but I love it for a sound Mod.
3)Charge piping...replace that Stock plastic crap
Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by drftsil8ty
holy hell, welcome to rice.com
LMFAO, I was thinking the same thing, but didnt wanna be rude. I think this guy just needs to look around the forum for awhile before he posts.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

and don't forget flame stickers for the side of the car. Those are good for like 40whp. Then get some NAWZ!!!! lol
Old 01-30-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tommy lammers
Welcome to the forum, ignore the kids.

Unless you plan on upgrading to a monster turbo or going to install a big shot of nitrous, you shouldn't need forged pistons. Save that money instead for when you'll need a clutch.

Like Mike said: tune, intake, charge pipes are the basics. I would also throw in a 3" downpipe since that's the real exhaust bottleneck. A catback exhaust or muffler replacement is up to you depending on how you want it to sound. The solid engine mount is not a bad idea.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by SSSCEnthusiast
Because you can't run a DC Fart Can without forged pistons!!!!!
Thank for informing me

Don't forget a grounding kit, an even bigger spolier for more downforce, 94 octane, roof scoop "that will grab the most air", a fire extingushier and a rollcage.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by batboy
Welcome to the forum, ignore the kids.

Unless you plan on upgrading to a monster turbo or going to install a big shot of nitrous, you shouldn't need forged pistons. Save that money instead for when you'll need a clutch.

Like Mike said: tune, intake, charge pipes are the basics. I would also throw in a 3" downpipe since that's the real exhaust bottleneck. A catback exhaust or muffler replacement is up to you depending on how you want it to sound. The solid engine mount is not a bad idea.
Don't call me a kid.

Kids still use solid engine mounts.

Guy has no idea what he is talking about and comes in here rambling like a bumbling idiot, so we treat his as so.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned

^ agreed
Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 PM

I'll call anyone younger than me a kid if I want, especially if you act immature. Yep, I'm an old fart with gray thinning hair.

It's rather humorous that Kling agrees with you and he has a solid motor mount listed in his signature.

So, it's a crime to post on this forum asking for information? Oh boy, let's make fun of the noobs. Like you weren't a newbie once. I see this rude behavior all the time on this forum. It's really not needed in my opinion. If you feel it's beneath your dignity to help the guy, then don't post.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:10 PM

I'll call anyone younger than me a kid if I want, especially if you act immature. Yep, I'm an old fart with gray thinning hair.

It's rather humorous that Kling agrees with you and he has a solid motor mount listed in his signature.

So, it's a crime to post on this forum asking for information? Oh boy, let's make fun of the noobs. Like you weren't a newbie once. I see this rude behavior all the time on this forum. It's really not needed in my opinion. If you feel it's beneath your dignity to help the guy, then don't post.

He's not asking for information, he's saying he's going to put "those mods on his car"

That's the difference, he's not saying is it a good idea, to get a tune, intake, cat-back etc... etc..

He's speaking like he knows
Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 PM

from what i've read, the only thing you should really need is breather mods (charge piping, intake, a good exhaust (no fart cannon), etc. etc.) and a tune. enjoy.and don't go cheap-o on any of that. know what your buying.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 PM

He's asking for ideas. Help the guy out.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 PM

ok, so since im a kid and im a loser retard.....

how bout this....

SEARCH!

its not that hard.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Any car on this planet has the same restrictions/limits and follows the same rules of modding:

1> how much money are you willing to sink into it?

2> Is it your daily driver?

3> Do you know where to get the work done?

After you answer those you'll get a better understanding of what you should or shouldn't do. This car can have a 1000hp or 300hp. It can run 8's or run 13's.

Big Power/Lots of Money:

Bore Engine
Forged Internals (EVERYTHING!)
Axles
Clutch
3" exhaust all the way back
Big Turbo
Big Injectors
Big Fuel Pump
Plugs
Crank the boost and tune

You see where this is going? You could do all kinds of things to this engine and it's all up to how far you are willing to push it and how far you can financially push it.

There are 9 second SRT-4's, it's up to you.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM

Rotated engine mounts.

Look around there are plenty of discussions on it.

The guy who built the Time Attack Cobalt made them.

If you don't know what that is, than take you old gray thinning haired self up to the search function and search for it Pops.

OP

Get a tune, charge piping, rotated engine mounts, and a catless downpipe since changing ANY part of the downpipe is illegal anyways, a catback if you want more noise.

Call it a day. Oh sportlines if you ARE going to drop it.

And Pops, look around there are new threads like this every 33 seconds.

It gets real old, and I know you could use one of the lines like to use on people: "You don't like it, don't post"

This is a pretty active site, if you sign up here and post a new thread you should learn to at least learn to ask something decent, because if not, it probably has ALREADY been posted.

Originally Posted by roadrage06
Any car on this planet has the same restrictions/limits and follows the same rules of modding:

1> how much money are you willing to sink into it?

2> Is it your daily driver?

3> Do you know where to get the work done?

After you answer those you'll get a better understanding of what you should or shouldn't do. This car can have a 1000hp or 300hp. It can run 8's or run 13's.

Big Power/Lots of Money:

Bore Engine
Forged Internals (EVERYTHING!)
Axles
Clutch
3" exhaust all the way back
Big Turbo
Big Injectors
Big Fuel Pump
Plugs
Crank the boost and tune

You see where this is going? You could do all kinds of things to this engine and it's all up to how far you are willing to push it and how far you can financially push it.

There are 9 second SRT-4's, it's up to you.
Stupid IDEA, and you are missing so many pieces of the big power LNF puzzle it isn't even funny.

ok, so since im a kid and im a loser retard.....

how bout this....

SEARCH!

its not that hard.
OMFG

what a concept!

Originally Posted by dragonslayer27
from what i've read, the only thing you should really need is breather mods (charge piping, intake, a good exhaust (no fart cannon), etc. etc.) and a tune. enjoy.and don't go cheap-o on any of that. know what your buying.
Cheap o on what?

Who cares as long as it does the job?

I bought a full stainless steel 3" exhaust with a magnaflow muffler for 405 bucks.

So it isn't shiny oh no.

Yeah I'll quote you again.

The guy who agreed with me, also has A BOV.

Like someone who isn't very smart. Making the car go crazy when metered air all of the sudden disappears is a good way to cause some not so happy times.

Last edited by steddy2112; 01-30-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM

i just think batboy is having a hard time getting it up today...dont mind him.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
Cheap o on what?

Who cares as long as it does the job?

I bought a full stainless steel 3" exhaust with a magnaflow muffler for 405 bucks.

So it isn't shiny oh no.
bad day huh? haha.i said cheap-o as in buying it only because it's cheap. which is why i put "know what you're buying." hey i know liek everyone else that cheaper is better but get the best bang for your buck. Your right if it's cheap and works well, hell buy that ****. but make sure it DOES work well. at the same time don't go buy a freakin 2,000 dollar exhaust that does the same **** as your $405 custom exhaust. I would go custom too but the shops around here suck ass and specialize in ghetto-ass hondas with fart cannons.

luv ya
Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 PM

i just think batboy is having a hard time getting it up today...dont mind him.
Thank you for providing the perfect example of an immature post.

At least Steddy inserted some legit advice mixed in with his rant.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:43 PM

outstanding thread. bump to top lol

^^^^lol dont make me get the wheelchair
Old 01-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by dragonslayer27
bad day huh? haha.i said cheap-o as in buying it only because it's cheap. which is why i put "know what you're buying." hey i know liek everyone else that cheaper is better but get the best bang for your buck. Your right if it's cheap and works well, hell buy that ****. but make sure it DOES work well. at the same time don't go buy a freakin 2,000 dollar exhaust that does the same **** as your $405 custom exhaust. I would go custom too but the shops around here suck ass and specialize in ghetto-ass hondas with fart cannons.

luv ya

It's not custom

That's the thing...everyone is ankles deep up some of the vendors' asses its hilarious and if you spent 650 dollars on a 400 dollar exhaust, the 650 dollar one MUST be better quality etc.

Parts are parts when it comes to things like exhaust, and intakes.

Thank you for providing the perfect example of an immature post.

At least Steddy inserted some legit advice mixed in with his rant.
Honestly...anyone who looks around, should know that if they have an LNF and plan on modding it.

The know how and tools to find everything you need is right there...heaven for-*******-bid the answer doesn't come out and smack them in the face within two seconds.

Last edited by steddy2112; 01-30-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mods mods and more mods