08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

My BYT Tune Story :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
^It would be worth the drive!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sundevil07
your welcome everyone
This isn't entirely about you man.... I have been feeling more and more this way for quite sometime
Old 03-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Lets see some vids!! Any track time yet??
Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
^Truth. The rest honestly wasn't bad tho, even Term and I went back and forth and said this isn't TOO bad (aside from the maf portion). They had 0 overboost stuff disabled and from running over 25psi in the car I know you have to delete the Map Sensor codes or you will get limp on WOT every single time!!

And I def agree with what HHRSouth is saying, they had a chance to repair it and I feel they did more damage then good unfortunately. BBG was telling me they told him it made 414whp, neither of us feel that was possible the way the car was comparing to what it is now. I would take a guess at ~380 whp, just a guess tho (not trying to start any drama with that, just adding my .02 to a guess on whp).

Thanks Aaron!!

Aaron listed traveling prices in my link on their site

Unfortunately it's just me offering this tune. I do travel and I would meet you halfway no problem, same goes for Kildore (I shouldve wrote that to you too, sorry).

I feel ya, it comes and goes for me at times too. I do still enjoy the look on people's faces after you load up a tune tho, so it keeps it fresh lol

Thanks sir!! Def had a blast, the STI was just icing on the cake for the day

His PE lambda was set a tad lean as well and it had quite a bit of timing considering how lean it was running. It had to have had some knock on the street before.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor

It actually didnt. But it wasn't making crap for airload, which explains why they kept trying to go leaner to make power on it.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
^It would be worth the drive!
I'm affraid it would be too long of a drive for me. I'm located in nova scotia, Canada. It's close to 10 hrs just to the Maine border.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:08 PM

jus got back to ft. campbell, weather is horrible, i promise you all, i will have some very inyeresting speedo vids once its warm and dry........ and btw,, ok, with what im running now, if its warm and dry outside, and i gun it in low 2nd, NO WHEELSPIN.... nitto 555's ftw!! (( if ya dont believe me, ask BYT or skip_jones......

also trying to track down a dyno.... ima try to use the "im deploying next month" line so i can get in quick... i mean, it da toof,,,, so lol yea...

Last edited by badbaltguy; 03-21-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2010, 08:10 PM

I dont think anyone is underestimating you anymore. Happy for you. Lot of weight lifted and you should be celebrating. I sure would be! lol.. i'd be like..sorry hun..(thats the wife) i'm not coming home for at least a week. There's another... and im going to be driving her hard! lol... she would understand.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 PM

I believe you man, Ive been BYT tuned for 15k miles now. On the stock conti's 2nd gear is lol. Im nowhere near as heavily modded as you, when i switched to some Mich PS2's the difference was insane, though 2nd also started eating my clutch. TTR motor mounts also made 1st and 2nd so much more solid specially with the sticky tires, amazing the difference. Nick(BYT) is a great guy, and has a good sense of humor. Just be careful, if he offers you a room for the night he might try and spoon with you...........

Mods
ZZP catless dp
zzp charge piping
hahn cai
ttr front and rear mounts
BYT tuned

Last edited by 09whteSSpssssh; 03-21-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: funny
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM

lol this thread is great, and trust me, i DO feel so much better. i celebrated last night up there in ohio at "the doll house"... lol had me some beers and a super sexy lil 39 year old blonde, slim, super nice rack, and jus sweet as can be.. didnt look a day over 20... she sat in my lap all night as i got plastered and talked forever lol... i ended up gettin a treat from her in the back room
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 09whteSSpssssh
I believe you man, Ive been BYT tuned for 15k miles now. On the stock conti's 2nd gear is lol. Im nowhere near as heavily modded as you, when i switched to some Mich PS2's the difference was insane, though 2nd also started eating my clutch. TTR motor mounts also made 1st and 2nd so much more solid specially with the sticky tires, amazing the difference. Nick(BYT) is a great guy, and has a good sense of humor. Just be careful, if he offers you a room for the night he might try and spoon with you...........

Mods
ZZP catless dp
zzp charge piping
hahn cai
ttr front and rear mounts
BYT tuned
You weren't supposed to tell people lol
Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM

^^^^^^ hahahahaaaaaaa
Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 PM

still brings me nightmares
Old 03-22-2010, 01:05 AM

All I can say is congrats to you and BYT... glad to see a built car actually get a deserving tune on it. Scary how much of a difference a good tune makes huh?

Now go take that bitch to the track and see what she does
Old 03-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats, BBGuy. It's good to hear it's finally running right.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
jus got back to ft. campbell, weather is horrible, i promise you all, i will have some very inyeresting speedo vids once its warm and dry........ and btw,, ok, with what im running now, if its warm and dry outside, and i gun it in low 2nd, NO WHEELSPIN.... nitto 555's ftw!! (( if ya dont believe me, ask BYT or skip_jones......

also trying to track down a dyno.... ima try to use the "im deploying next month" line so i can get in quick... i mean, it da toof,,,, so lol yea...
i can verify that. i know when i need tires (and i will soon, thanks BYT lol). i am going
to buy nitto's! them bitches hook!!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
oh boy, when Im ready to blow away my warranty I'll come talk to you BYT, lol. You did WantedSS/TC's car too right? I plan on getting the GMS1 first and then down the road I will go aftermarket, lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 AM

hey BBG i told you that you would like the doll house, did i not?
i was in there a couple years ago myself. nice place.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm glad to hear your Balt is finally running well. I know how frustrating it can be to spend a bunch of money and not have your car running like it should. I went through some modding nightmares when I was younger. Zoom had even worse experiences. Eventually, he stopped bringing his cars to other shops altogether, and kept the work within our group, which is pretty much how ZZP started.

As far as the original company that worked on your car, I have spoken highly of their products on a regular basis, but lately, I'm not so sure. The more customer cars we get at the shop running their parts, the lower the quality seems to be. The build we did last week had a rusty intake made of mild steel with the PCV tube smashed up against a coil plug. It couldn't be rotated away because it was already pushing against the AC line on the other side. The PCV tube also did not lock into place since there was no flange on it. It just slid on and off easily. The Intercooler inlet and outlet were lower than they should be, causing the lower charge tube to sit against the cradle. The lower charge tube was bent in such a way that it was tight against the AC and the fan shroud with nowhere to move. The throttle body coupler was not the correct size and just clamped down to take up a lot of slop. The upper charge tube ran right over the fuel pressure solenoid where it can do damage. The tube had more couplers than necessary and no provision to bolt it down so it can dent the hood if a coupler comes loose. The T-bolt clamps they included were also inexpensive generic clamps which I would never run on something running over 20psi boost pressure. For the prices they charge, they should be shipping only the best parts that money can buy. However, I found them to be mediocre, at best.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Matt M
I'm glad to hear your Balt is finally running well. I know how frustrating it can be to spend a bunch of money and not have your car running like it should. I went through some modding nightmares when I was younger. Zoom had even worse experiences. Eventually, he stopped bringing his cars to other shops altogether, and kept the work within our group, which is pretty much how ZZP started.

As far as the original company that worked on your car, I have spoken highly of their products on a regular basis, but lately, I'm not so sure. The more customer cars we get at the shop running their parts, the lower the quality seems to be. The build we did last week had a rusty intake made of mild steel with the PCV tube smashed up against a coil plug. It couldn't be rotated away because it was already pushing against the AC line on the other side. The PCV tube also did not lock into place since there was no flange on it. It just slid on and off easily. The Intercooler inlet and outlet were lower than they should be, causing the lower charge tube to sit against the cradle. The lower charge tube was bent in such a way that it was tight against the AC and the fan shroud with nowhere to move. The throttle body coupler was not the correct size and just clamped down to take up a lot of slop. The upper charge tube ran right over the fuel pressure solenoid where it can do damage. The tube had more couplers than necessary and no provision to bolt it down so it can dent the hood if a coupler comes loose. The T-bolt clamps they included were also inexpensive generic clamps which I would never run on something running over 20psi boost pressure. For the prices they charge, they should be shipping only the best parts that money can buy. However, I found them to be mediocre, at best.

Very similar story to myself. There was a local import shop that swindled me about 10 years ago, since then I started learning how to tune and fabricate. It's finally starting to turn into a lil something Explains why you guys go above and beyond for the customers, you've seen the "dark side" and don't want to offer a service that way. I like that!

Forgot about the Car Fire

Last edited by BYT*SS*TURBO; 03-22-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-22-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
Very similar story to myself. There was a local import shop that swindled me about 10 years ago, since then I started learning how to tune and fabricate. It's finally starting to turn into a lil something Explains why you guys go above and beyond for the customers, you've seen the "dark side" and don't want to offer a service that way. I like that!

Forgot about the Car Fire
hahahaaaaa i almost forgot about that ****!!! lmfao and dude i cant believe he kept drivin it hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Originally Posted by Matt M

yo zzp.... im goin out strong with yalls kit... on top of that, im goin all out build.. motor, tranny, fuel system, everything. even the ported head... s256 extended tip turbo, and yalls new manifold EWG recirc into DP, the whole works... pm me with some details cuz i really want the whole setup and what yall would reccomend for the rest of my build plans.. please and thankya

Last edited by badbaltguy; 03-22-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
hahahaaaaa i almost forgot about that ****!!! lmfao and dude i cant believe he kept drivin it hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

yo zzp.... im goin out strong with yalls kit... on top of that, im goin all out build.. motor, tranny, fuel system, everything. even the ported head... s256 extended tip turbo, and yalls new manifold EWG recirc into DP, the whole works... pm me with some details cuz i really want the whole setup and what yall would reccomend for the rest of my build plans.. please and thankya
O, well I might be interested in that 20g you have on your car now, if it will bolt up to the factory exhaust manifold.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
O, well I might be interested in that 20g you have on your car now, if it will bolt up to the factory exhaust manifold.
it does
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor

They made this adapter piece it looked like, if you buy it make sure John sends that lil piece too lol!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM

^^^ did ya get the log i jus sent ya?

Quick Reply: My BYT Tune Story :)