08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

P0689

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0689

Well something very interesting happened 3 days ago. After finally getting the vehicle back from the mechanic for a complete factory KO4 turbo swap and main I decided to have the vehicle on the stock tune from my trifecta 93 tune. So after the first person test drove the vehicle it went from 14PSI to 5PSI with no codes. After doing a few pulls at 6PSI had three codes that ran up P0236, P0299 and P0689.

I just couldn't figure out why this happened. I talked to the mechanic and had him re check his work, he told me that everything is connected and working. So after that after having a good friend help me out I decided to put back on the 93 octane tune. Then all those codes went away and haven't came on since.

The only problem I'm having now is that I have a ENG PWR REDUCED on my speedo. I've tried disconnecting the battery for 45 minutes to see if it will reset and nothing. The car runs great and boosting hard up to 16PSI aching to go over but feels like a darn handicap. How do I get this vehicle out of Limp mode? I think I may have a bad ECM due to the fact that I've tried reading the ECM for trifecta but it won't read and says to check the connections which is weird because I can load the tune just fine on my current ECM.

I don't know if it's possible but I was also thinking that the stock tune file that's integrated with the 93 tune doesn't cover the GMS1 sensors only on the 93 tune. I mean ever since coming back to 93 I haven't had the codes return and performed several pulls with no issues other than it being in limp mode. Any advice would be greatly appreciated