08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Story of a ZZP Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Matt you really are somthing else. I never said I adjusted it. i said its srupid that it can be adjusted enough to caused damage. It should be made bullet proof. But of course, its just another zzp product failure. its ok.
OK hold up. So a MBC should be made bulletproof as well so a dumbshit cant crank it over and over again and blow their ****?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny thing is I can type. I just have other **** to do.. so therefore Mr. Phone comes into play.
Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
hard to read when you can't ******* type.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Banned

Wtf, where do u get a mbc to a .clutch rod..... ??????....... The mbsmc is there to lower or raise boost. The clutch rod can be adjusted to far out and cause.damage. where in the hell can you even compare the two.. [
/B]
Originally Posted by BartSS
OK hold up. So a MBC should be made bulletproof as well so a dumbshit cant crank it over and over again and blow their ****?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James and Matt, you two mother ******* need to set each others posts so you can't see them. This **** is annoying for real. I can't even enjoy Stamina's thread.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stamina
I actually do! Took a quick Spring Break trip down to the Mexican proving grounds to collect some data.

Had a weird run-in with a sportbike with four headlights last night. I was merging onto the Mexican highway, saw him cruising along a bit behind me on the highway and I just hit it. I got a head start, he saw me and hit it, and quickly caught up to me... and then it's like the bike hit a brick wall, like we both ended up hitting the governors or something because we were at a stalemate after that. We ended up pretty much neck and neck, with his front wheel at the front of my passenger door. Maybe he was just messing with me once he caught up. lol No idea what kind of bike has four headlights. After we let off, he wouldn't let me catch back up to him to give him the thumbs up, like he was pissed off or something. lol

I've noticed something similar with other run-ins with bikes. They'll tear you up with their power to weight advantage until you get up there in speed and then the car seems to have the advantage.

Got a Mach 1 kill tonight in Mexico. Got a vid of that.

Before we left Mexico and crossed back over the border, we also did an overall acceleration test. It didn't feel as quick with an added person in there, but we got that on vid too.

In other news:

No oil consumption or coolant levels changing.

Catch can should be going on tomorrow.

I'm still battling the dang Evap system. It does this rich spike and then when correcting for it swings so lean that it goes to like 17 or even 18AFR. It randomly does this when just cruising in vacuum and it did this on the last engine too. I've gone through like 5 evap solenoids and 2 vent solenoids over the years troubleshooting it. My only other guess is that somewhere in the system there's a leak or something. I'd think that it would set a code though since it does a sensitive test of the system and gas tank though. Maybe it's the recent change in the weather, with things heating up and possibly causing more vapors in the tank. It could also be due to it sloshing around in there with my recent road tests and not having an opportunity to purge due to not being in vacuum as much recently. No idea.
Sweet! Looking forward to the vids. Can't wait to finally ride in the car.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM

Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM

Wtf, where do u get a mbc to a .clutch rod..... ??????....... The mbsmc is there to lower or raise boost. The clutch rod can be adjusted to far out and cause.damage. where in the hell can you even compare the two.. [
/B]
And the MBC can be turned up too much and blow **** up. Thats how you compare the two. The clutch rod should be bought by people who know how to install it, simple as that

Originally Posted by kxrida2000
Sure will happen just a matter of time now

Last edited by BartSS; 03-15-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
Cap the purge solenoid off and just let the tank vent to atmosphere (put a breather filter on the vent line if you want). Just leave the solenoid plugged in. If the issue has anything to do with the purge system, which I think it does based off what you said, it will solve the issue once and for all.
I think I may do the same thing. My car never passed the emissions systems tests and seemed like the trims were always skewed. I even replaced both solenoids.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM

Why not just temp ban some people instead of locking a perfectly good thread?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Banned

I'm gonna end it as lol. Just lol.... Cuz if zzp knows it can **** somthing up by pushing it out to far then they need to put it on the package or somthing.... I never adjusted one. Just took them out because they were to far adjusted
Originally Posted by BartSS
And the MBC can be turned up too much and blow **** up. Thats how yu compare the two. The clutch rod should be bought by people who know how to install it, simple as that

Sure will happen just a matter of time now
Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM

All is well James no harm done lol. Back on topic we go people

Stamina sorry dude
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Frogstofall
James and Matt, you two mother ******* need to set each others posts so you can't see them. This **** is annoying for real. I can't even enjoy Stamina's thread.
This. Anyone catch my fix for stamina's purge solenoid issue?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM

I did in between all the bullshit going on
Old 03-15-2012, 12:05 PM

yeah in the midst of it all i did i may try this after some more troubleshooting with my issue on tuesday when the clutch goes in. i have had similar issues with fuel trims and can't seem to get it locked down. i did get a code for intake sensor 1 sensor 2 correlation so i replaced the maf and that f'd everything up so im hoping it was just a bad maf. we r retuning it now for the new maf so hopefully that cures everything....that or there is a leak i can't find or it's this evap thing. i have a buddy who has a buddy who works at a shop and is gonna bring his smoke tester to help diagnose a boost leak tuesday so hopefully we get it sorted out.

stamina let us know if this evap fix works for you
Old 03-15-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
yeah in the midst of it all i did i may try this after some more troubleshooting with my issue on tuesday when the clutch goes in. i have had similar issues with fuel trims and can't seem to get it locked down. i did get a code for intake sensor 1 sensor 2 correlation so i replaced the maf and that f'd everything up so im hoping it was just a bad maf. we r retuning it now for the new maf so hopefully that cures everything....that or there is a leak i can't find or it's this evap thing. i have a buddy who has a buddy who works at a shop and is gonna bring his smoke tester to help diagnose a boost leak tuesday so hopefully we get it sorted out.

stamina let us know if this evap fix works for you
P0101 code?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Banned

No .. iat1 correlation
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM

No .. iat1 correlation
ok
Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Yes, I did and told you I would probably try it as well since my trims have always been off, no matter what you do to them they were always skewed and it wasn't my charge piping.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
this.
can we get an admin to clear up and delete the bs from the thread and leave the good info?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Banned

I second this lol. But when i see ure forum name I first see interview with a vampire lol.. [/B]
Originally Posted by interviewatruins
this.
can we get an admin to clear up and delete the bs from the thread and leave the good info?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Yes, I did and told you I would probably try it as well since my trims have always been off, no matter what you do to them they were always skewed and it wasn't my charge piping.
At least 2 people saw it.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Banned

I do what you say term when i get a bad purge lol.. (out causes so many issues) but does work
Old 03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I never said he didnt have your clutch,
You didn't? On page 8, you said, "and that josh smith doesn't have Ure clutch. But imagine that zzp dmfails to send the correct part." then when I quoted you and said thanks for admitting that, you didn't respond to correct me. Man, it's tough to understand what you are saying if that didn't mean that he didn't have our clutch.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM

I do what you say term when i get a bad purge lol.. (out causes so many issues) but does work
Yeah it works great but will not pass emissions if you have testing. No emissions in florida. I ran with mine unhooked for 20K miles no issues and if anything car ran a lot smoother overall.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

look at the complete argument. i said i changed it out to a better clutch.

Read.[/B]
Originally Posted by Matt M
You didn't? On page 8, you said, "and that josh smith doesn't have Ure clutch. But imagine that zzp dmfails to send the correct part." then when I quoted you and said thanks for admitting that, you didn't respond to correct me. Man, it's tough to understand what you are saying if that didn't mean that he didn't have our clutch.

Quick Reply: Story of a ZZP Engine Swap