08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Trifecta Tune Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gotboost?17
which is the best vendor to get from? i was gunna go threw bnr since they usually give u a cable when they have a sale, but i dont want the problems like kzak having
I went through BNR and got nothing but good customer service man- I don't know.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i emailed vince like 3 times. then i got an email from some steve guy at WOT tuning,he answered a few questions i had,i emailed Steve back and forth about 3 times and then i never herd back from him.
i want to go trifecta as it seems to be a relatively safe way to go but its hard to get ahold of these guys.

theres a thread in the Tuning section from some guy who went from GMS1 to trifecta and was dissapointed. his numbers improved like 10-15 WHP. keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by nobody2u
I went through BNR and got nothing but good customer service man- I don't know.
so how does that work? BNR can get trifecta tunes?

im kinda confused,please explain haha

Last edited by 09TcSedan; 06-23-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-23-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 09TcSedan
i emailed vince like 3 times. then i got an email from some steve guy at WOT tuning,he answered a few questions i had,i emailed Steve back and forth about 3 times and then i never herd back from him.
i want to go trifecta as it seems to be a relatively safe way to go but its hard to get ahold of these guys.

theres a thread in the Tuning section from some guy who went from GMS1 to trifecta and was dissapointed. his numbers improved like 10-15 WHP. keep that in mind.

I have yet to go to a dyno yet with my GM1 to Trifecta tune, but I can definitely till it's a hell of a lot faster. I want to get a 1 on 1 time with a tuner and dyno so I can make my Trifecta a slight bit more aggressive considering i drive on GM1 like 90% of the time. My Trifecta switch tune is if I need to show some scubies how we roll in Colorado
Old 06-23-2013, 12:21 PM

im interested in what your numbers would be.

i have GMS1 and it keeps me satisfied 99% of the time. but i do have more bolt ons than i orginally planned on having,thats why i was thinking of going trifecta.

haha ST-Y's. everyone thinks cobalts are slowww
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Nothin Stock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes bnr sells trifecta, im guessing like a trifecta dealer, an it sounds like vendors get better service/turn around time then going threw trifecta on your own

an i've seen that thread a little wial ago, ill look it up to refresh my memory tho

an thanks guys for all the help!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Nothin Stock

Originally Posted by brianhud1991
I have yet to go to a dyno yet with my GM1 to Trifecta tune, but I can definitely till it's a hell of a lot faster. I want to get a 1 on 1 time with a tuner and dyno so I can make my Trifecta a slight bit more aggressive considering i drive on GM1 like 90% of the time. My Trifecta switch tune is if I need to show some scubies how we roll in Colorado
well go get it dyno'd :-P
Old 06-23-2013, 02:39 PM

If your looking for rough numbers to go off of. I have a trifecta tune with bolt-ons.

Injen CAI, Forge BPV, ZZP Charge pipes, ZZP FMIC, Hahn 3" Downpipe no-cat w/ angled o2 bung, and a power agency cat-back (think its only 2.5" though)

Dyno was done at Pampena motor sports (6/22/13) on a Dynojet

"Stock" tune I put down 260.90whp/253.02wtq
Trifecta tune I put down 304.79whp/323.88wtq

I hope that helps any

**Edit** Just fixed my signature to include mods, going to be lazy now and leave the above list

Last edited by Ragnarok69; 06-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM

so do u say its not woth the money from gms1 to trifecta
Not at all - its totally worth the money to go aftermarket tune, no matter which direction you go. GMS1 is a good "safe" stock performance tune, but leaves a **** load on the table. What I mean is this - if you are mild-to-mid performance, it doesn't matter whether you go HPtune OR trifecta - both are head and shoulder about GMS1.

I drove GMS1 for weeks with a smile on my face over what it did to the car compared to the stock tune; the first drive with a trifecta tune made GMS1 feel like a stock tune. Definitely worth the money.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Nothin Stock

Originally Posted by SSSnoop
Not at all - its totally worth the money to go aftermarket tune, no matter which direction you go. GMS1 is a good "safe" stock performance tune, but leaves a **** load on the table. What I mean is this - if you are mild-to-mid performance, it doesn't matter whether you go HPtune OR trifecta - both are head and shoulder about GMS1.

I drove GMS1 for weeks with a smile on my face over what it did to the car compared to the stock tune; the first drive with a trifecta tune made GMS1 feel like a stock tune. Definitely worth the money.
ohh okay miss read u there
Old 06-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Nothin Stock

Originally Posted by Ragnarok69
If your looking for rough numbers to go off of. I have a trifecta tune with bolt-ons.

Injen CAI, Forge BPV, ZZP Charge pipes, ZZP FMIC, Hahn 3" Downpipe no-cat w/ angled o2 bung, and a power agency cat-back (think its only 2.5" though)

Dyno was done at Pampena motor sports (6/22/13) on a Dynojet

"Stock" tune I put down 260.90whp/253.02wtq
Trifecta tune I put down 304.79whp/323.88wtq

I hope that helps any

**Edit** Just fixed my signature to include mods, going to be lazy now and leave the above list

and stage1 is putting probley 290/290

what psi is that at?

and does anyone know why hp tunes average with like 50 more trq than hp?

trifectas trq seems a little low, or is it just me
Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GMS1 does not put down 290 whp, more close to 270. Also- all dynos read different, as all tunes are also different as well, depending on what the buyer requested. A trifecta tune is no different than a HP remote tune apart from who tunes it.

Here's a video of a member on this site dynoing with trifecta. It put down 310whp and 377wtq at altitude.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 PM

I personally think Trifecta is the one of the best. I don't think you can go wrong with Trifecta! It's a little on the richer side, but that's okay in my book. It keeps things safe. Nobody wants melted pistons right lol. Not that I have seen that happen on a leaner tune from Terminator2 tune.

Personally, I think it's very "mainstream" so it's like going for a band that everyone knows. Sure there's better bands out there, but if you go with this mainstream band, you're gonna be a happy guy, you shouldn't have a bad experience. Since there's so many of you out there, the band may not notice you out there in the crowd right away, but he'll eventually get to you.

The only downside I saw was it tested your patients. Sometimes, I didn't get revisions for a week, others less than 24 hours. All in all, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. The experience as a whole was good.

I raced a guy with a GMS1 with the same mods as me and I didn't have too much trouble beating him. So there's some gains to be had.

Check out my video of my Trifecta Tune. Nobody2u posted my other video with stock turbo. The one below is with my K04+

When I went from Trifecta to HPTune however I gained about 10 WHP on top of Trifecta and a lot more torque.

I won't lie! I miss her

Last edited by vahdyx; 06-23-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by nobody2u
GMS1 does not put down 290 whp, more close to 270. Also- all dynos read different, as all tunes are also different as well, depending on what the buyer requested. A trifecta tune is no different than a HP remote tune apart from who tunes it.

Here's a video of a member on this site dynoing with trifecta. It put down 310whp and 377wtq at altitude.

Trifecta Dyno for Cobalt SS Turbocharged Superflow Dyno - YouTube
Originally Posted by vahdyx
I personally think Trifecta is the one of the best. I don't think you can go wrong with Trifecta! It's a little on the richer side, but that's okay in my book. It keeps things safe. Nobody wants melted pistons right lol. Not that I have seen that happen on a leaner tune from Terminator2 tune.

Personally, I think it's very "mainstream" so it's like going for a band that everyone knows. Sure there's better bands out there, but if you go with this mainstream band, you're gonna be a happy guy, you shouldn't have a bad experience. Since there's so many of you out there, the band may not notice you out there in the crowd right away, but he'll eventually get to you.

The only downside I saw was it tested your patients. Sometimes, I didn't get revisions for a week, others less than 24 hours. All in all, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. The experience as a whole was good.

I raced a guy with a GMS1 with the same mods as me and I didn't have too much trouble beating him. So there's some gains to be had.

Check out my video of my Trifecta Tune. Nobody2u posted my other video with stock turbo. The one below is with my K04+

When I went from Trifecta to HPTune however I gained about 10 WHP on top of Trifecta and a lot more torque.

2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged K04+ Dyno - YouTube

I won't lie! I miss her
Heyo thats my car
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by blackonblack07
Heyo thats my car
hahaha that's true, I keep speaking as if it's mine haha. How's she doing now a days?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM

It's a 23psi tune with a stock k04 turbo. Also noticed today randomly testing and found my lower ZZP had a boost leak right by the relocated MAF block off plate... so my numbers are probably lower than they should be probably close none the less
Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Nothin Stock

okay sweet guys, anymore questions ill keep u guys posted, hoping to buy on there july4th same if they have one
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by vahdyx
hahaha that's true, I keep speaking as if it's mine haha. How's she doing now a days?
Shes doing good, got her some new shoes a few weekends ago (Conti Extreme Contact DWS)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor

We get priority response times as we are Trifecta's largest volume dealer in the world (we do a lot of business in the 1.4T/3.6 market as well as a lot of business in other countries)

It's typically less than a week to get a log looked at for us, just remember trifecta is closed sunday and monday and only works half a day on saturday, so if you submit a lot on thursday or friday it may not get looked at until the next week.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by BNRacing
We get priority response times as we are Trifecta's largest volume dealer in the world (we do a lot of business in the 1.4T/3.6 market as well as a lot of business in other countries)

It's typically less than a week to get a log looked at for us, just remember trifecta is closed sunday and monday and only works half a day on saturday, so if you submit a lot on thursday or friday it may not get looked at until the next week.
maybe i will go through you guys then since getting ahold of anyone at trifecta is pretty much impossible
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Nothin Stock

im the one that emailed you guys, ill be ordering soon, id like to make a appointment to tune all at once wheen l get it, any july 4th sale :-p?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 PM

im the one that emailed you guys, ill be ordering soon, id like to make a appointment to tune all at once wheen l get it, any july 4th sale :-p?
In for a 4th of july sale lol
Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Nothin Stock

I love there sales, I missed out last year..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 PM

I love there sales, I missed out last year..
will BNR post something on here or on their website about a 4th of july sale?

or am i being pretty gulabull right now lol
Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Less than a week to look at a log?!!! If I was that slow to respond I would have no business.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Nothin Stock

i believe there black friday sale was 200$ for a tune with a free red cable

will BNR post something on here or on their website about a 4th of july sale?

or am i being pretty gulabull right now lol

Quick Reply: Trifecta Tune Opinions