08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.
View Poll Results: When did you get here
I owend a cobalt before and was a member of this site
59.78%
Joined after I got my TC
6.52%
Joined here to do research before I bought my TC
22.83%
was on here before: went from SS/SC to SS/TC
10.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

When did you get here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cobalt_ss187
Ya and thats why im saying its to bad to hear this but the more and more people that come on this forum the more problems we have but at the same time the more people we have on hear the sponcers and group buys and so on. Its a win lose situation.
Yeah, this is true. But again, the past members don't get any love as pretty much only exterior and interior parts fit both SS generations.

Like I said, I would have NO problem if we could co exist and get along fine and very very VERY few douche bags, but it seems quite a few of the owners feed off of each other's douche-ness. When the TC first came out, we had a bunch of nice, GOOD owners around. (You were one of them I believe. ) You came in and said they wanted to be part of a fun cobalt community. and didn't come in with a mean spirit. But as of late...so much worse.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha when ever this site first opened i browsed it everyday and right before i got my tc i joined
Old 12-02-2008, 03:54 PM

i love the 2005-2007 ss/sc...i would have bought one. am i glad that gm made all kinds of improvements to the tc...of course. i guess that makes me a douchebag...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joined in 05.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Razmus
i love the 2005-2007 ss/sc...i would have bought one. am i glad that gm made all kinds of improvements to the tc...of course. i guess that makes me a douchebag...
I wouldn't exactly call things like no lift shift and traction control improvements...I'd call them training wheels for people who don't really know how to drive a car...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM

No, its how you came off that makes you a douche bag.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM

no, but us ss/sc owners realize that gm made some improvements too. the point is that we still love our cobalts w/ our shitty s/c's, brakes that hardly stop, suspensions that are good for nothing, and recaros that belong in an aveo.(of course i am just joking, but this is the way a lot of tc members make it seem when the majority of them have probably never sat or rode in a sc) it just seems like some of the tc guys will only be happy when we put tc>sc in our sigs.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Yeah, this is true. But again, the past members don't get any love as pretty much only exterior and interior parts fit both SS generations.

Like I said, I would have NO problem if we could co exist and get along fine and very very VERY few douche bags, but it seems quite a few of the owners feed off of each other's douche-ness. When the TC first came out, we had a bunch of nice, GOOD owners around. (You were one of them I believe. ) You came in and said they wanted to be part of a fun cobalt community. and didn't come in with a mean spirit. But as of late...so much worse.
I agree with you on all of that But I do see alot of TC owners turning into "LS1 tools". I was going to get the SC bc of the upgrade kits and I like the sound of a SC but what made me buy the TC was the rims as stupid as that sounds
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM

and that is why i say the problem is with the old sc owners, not the new tc owners...your attitude
Old 12-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by cblt12
no, but us ss/sc owners realize that gm made some improvements too. the point is that we still love our cobalts w/ our shitty s/c's, brakes that hardly stop, suspensions that are good for nothing, and recaros that belong in an aveo.(of course i am just joking, but this is the way a lot of tc members make it seem when the majority of them have probably never sat or rode in a sc) it just seems like some of the tc guys will only be happy when we put tc>sc in our sigs.
OMFG! Put this on the front page!

I'm driving to cali to buy you a case a beer for this one.

Originally Posted by cobalt_ss187
I agree with you on all of that But I do see alot of TC owners turning into "LS1 tools". I was going to get the SC bc of the upgrade kits and I like the sound of a SC but what made me buy the TC was the rims as stupid as that sounds
I can't blame you dude. The new wheels are nice. And i'm a big caliper *****...brembos sitting behind, jsut for the pure aesthetics ......mmmm.

But yeah, more people should be like the 1st set of 08'ers that came in here. this would be a much better place IMO!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:07 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimlakin
Now I am curious what my member number is.
8445 look to your left.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:08 PM

and that is why i say the problem is with the old sc owners, not the new tc owners...your attitude
be reasonable and just listen to what they are saying and then what you say and you are coming off as if ur better then everyone, you cant do that no matter where you are or people will put you in your place
Old 12-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Even the 1st set of TC owners sees that the problem isn't us, its you. And your current attitude only shows you inability to see whats going on around you..and...FURTHER PROVE MY POINT! Like I said, find me ONE thread where if both cars are mentioned, then **** isn't started because of a newer TC owner saying their car is high and mighty!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:11 PM

i dont think i am better than anyone...i just think the tc is better than the sc...i have already said i like the sc too, and would still buy one if that was my only option, but all the car magazines cant be wrong, the tc is better than the sc

I've been on this site before the Cobalt SS was even produced...could have been one of the first 20 members but I waited many months before I joined up.

I think both sides are to blame for sure.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM

and I say that it's the new TC owners and not the old SC owners that are the problem. You all come in here with your holier than thou attitude and expect everyone to bow down to you because you own a TC.

Perfect example...Not long after it came out there was a new guy that joined the forum and threw up a thread braggin about his new car (whatever it's a new car he's allowed. I was all excited when I got mine too). But as soon as we asked for pics he went all friggin incredible hulk on us and told us to go **** ourselves and blah blah blah. I was like easy there Johnny Ruffled Feathers we all just wanted to see your new ride and he was like if you've seen one you've seen em all and all this other crap.

This is the kinda **** that get's all of us who have been here for a while pissed. I've been here since April of 06 (second screen name) and we never had issues like this. Occasionally we would have a Redline guy with a chip on his shoulder come in and start **** and a couple little SS/SC > SS/NA arguments but that was it. Now it seems like every thread there's an SS/TC guy bashin someone else.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:14 PM

i dont think i am better than anyone...i just think the tc is better than the sc...i have already said i like the sc too, and would still buy one if that was my only option, but all the car magazines cant be wrong, the tc is better than the sc
lmfao, dude take the shovle out of your hands.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just needed 2 more doors for easy access to a car seat and loved my SC so I got the TC sedan. The problem was here before the SS/TC even came out.

If you want to argue about this **** start another thread, I just don't care who thinks what is better. I like them both and I am sick and tired of the trashing coming from both sides!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
OMFG! Put this on the front page!

I'm driving to cali to buy you a case a beer for this one.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:17 PM

the tc is better in almost every aspect than the sc...that is fact...but even if you drive a 1981 chevy citation, you could still be a cool person
Old 12-02-2008, 04:17 PM

okay I can see what your saying but its not just you that they are talking about but if you read the posts you put in here it was coming of as cocky but I think some of the SC members are frustrated and thats why they are talking about this and then you came in giving your opinion which is cool but its the way you were doing that was making it bad
Old 12-02-2008, 04:18 PM

Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by RBC
There has been allot of people as of late saying that the SS/TC has brought cobaltss.net down by bringing "douche bags" or negative members to our site. So I would like to know how many people bought there car then joined this site or were already on here and owned a cobalt before hand.
Ive been on here for way too long.

It isnt so much that the new TC owners are "dousche bags", its just that a lot of them are young kids who are really uneducated on ecotecs ( their cars ) in general. The think that just because they could finally buy a decent car, that theyre the fastest thing on the road and every other car is garbage.

respect is due by them toward all members on this site. Especially since theyre new for the most part, and dont really have a clue.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM

Read This Please!

The View:

I want to say it again to be clear. I WANT the ss/tc owners to stay around. I am happy the SS/TC has gotten the media and coverage it has. it deserves it, its an AMAZING car. Improvements over the sc? indeed. Better seats (aside from the recaros), faster, brakes, etc. But its the fact that some of us are tired of being talked down to about cars that we are trying to enjoy just like the 2.2s, 2.4s, and the LNFs. We are ALL cobalts, we are part of the same community and we should be like a big family instead of things being like this. Other communities stick together, we should too. If the sc guys wanted to get bashed they could go to the 8th gen civic forums or something. We don't want to come to a place where we at once felt welcomed, and be talked down to and treated like we're ******' scum.

Granted person to person we ALL aren't going to get along, and there will be some competition in there, but it can be FRIENDLY competition and the like. You don't see the Zs or SRT-4s fighting amongst each other, and its sad that we have to even bring ti up to discuss NOT doing it.

The 1st batch of new ss/tc owners had the right idea! They came in, cool as **** and friendly too, but all the newer people have a huge superiority complex and just want to talk down to the 1st gens. Not cool.

We are a cobalt community! Not an ss/tc community...not a ss/sc community...not a lt/ls community, not a sport/ss/na coonunity...COBALT, that means all trims.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 12-02-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: READ THIS PLEASE!