08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Why do people hate our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone where i live love my cars interior
Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 AM

Its really funny when you mop some of the muscle cars and they have that look of suprise and drive past you with their nose in the air. I had this guy yelling at his girlfriend that was driving his mustang after i moped them twice from a stop it was halarious.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dovosi
Its really funny when you mop some of the muscle cars and they have that look of suprise and drive past you with their nose in the air. I had this guy yelling at his girlfriend that was driving his mustang after i moped them twice from a stop it was halarious.
That's when you follow the driver and wait for them to make a stop. And then you go up to the girl and ask her if she'd like for you to take her out on a date now. This is of course, assuming that she is attractive. If not, then move along
Old 08-31-2010, 12:15 PM

before I bought my car, my friends gave me a lot of **** over possibly buying it... I kept telling them what the Solstice and Sky were putting down tune only and that with some bolt-ons and a tune would be a quick little car... no one was hearing any of it, it was just a Cobalt

when I bought the car in August of 2008, about half of them finally said it was a nice car and actually began to say good things about it... the rest of them still call it "just a Cobalt"

now here we are 2 years later, it trifecta tuned to 22psi, most of the bolt-ons(ZZP DP, Injen CPing, Hahn CAI) and most of them now love the car and are all the time talking it up... and it seems the ones that continue to put it down........are about 7 car lengths behind starring at its tail lights in any race

the guys with cars a lot faster than me are actually surprised how much faster it is now(fairly lightly modded) than it was stock... and very surprised at the cars it will hang with... I don't think it truly started getting respect around here until I raced the Silver Stage II Srt-4 Neon here(which is no where near the fastest car I've ran with)... because everyone talks so much about how "quick" those cars are, and everyone thought he'd for sure beat me, I guess because of the reputation they used to have in the turbo I4 world... but from a dig I put about 5 cars on him(not my fault he couldn't drive for ****) and from a roll it wasn't much closer for him, lol... I even got accused of having a "big turbo" on the car...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM

HahahahahhhhhHHhAaaaa! k04 = big turbo.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 08inBama
before I bought my car, my friends gave me a lot of **** over possibly buying it... I kept telling them what the Solstice and Sky were putting down tune only and that with some bolt-ons and a tune would be a quick little car... no one was hearing any of it, it was just a Cobalt

when I bought the car in August of 2008, about half of them finally said it was a nice car and actually began to say good things about it... the rest of them still call it "just a Cobalt"

now here we are 2 years later, it trifecta tuned to 22psi, most of the bolt-ons(ZZP DP, Injen CPing, Hahn CAI) and most of them now love the car and are all the time talking it up... and it seems the ones that continue to put it down........are about 7 car lengths behind starring at its tail lights in any race

the guys with cars a lot faster than me are actually surprised how much faster it is now(fairly lightly modded) than it was stock... and very surprised at the cars it will hang with... I don't think it truly started getting respect around here until I raced the Silver Stage II Srt-4 Neon here(which is no where near the fastest car I've ran with)... because everyone talks so much about how "quick" those cars are, and everyone thought he'd for sure beat me, I guess because of the reputation they used to have in the turbo I4 world... but from a dig I put about 5 cars on him(not my fault he couldn't drive for ****) and from a roll it wasn't much closer for him, lol... I even got accused of having a "big turbo" on the car...
Lol they accused you of being T-Swapped?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM

You wanna see someone get mad. Race the New Camaros with the v6's and smoke em. They get sooooo pissed! ive done it to about 4 of em now. Also a guy at my school with a white 03 Tiburon talks all kinds of **** on my car, but yet he wont ever shut his mouth and race me?? Maybe its because i smoked his buddy who has a silver Tiburon GT?? Alot of people hate on the Balt's because Its one of GM's better products, that can actually stand up against the Import world.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbo'dSS
You wanna see someone get mad. Race the New Camaros with the v6's and smoke em. They get sooooo pissed! ive done it to about 4 of em now. Also a guy at my school with a white 03 Tiburon talks all kinds of **** on my car, but yet he wont ever shut his mouth and race me?? Maybe its because i smoked his buddy who has a silver Tiburon GT?? Alot of people hate on the Balt's because Its one of GM's better products, that can actually stand up against the Import world.
Most of our balts can stand up to imports while being stock at that.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 PM

im curious as to why the homies with the SS cobalts hate on the balts with the triangular lights (like mine) but once i tell them "i'm droppin a turbo in it in like a week. see me at the track?" the deuce out? i have no hate for cars, period, except for hondas, but this cobalt on cobalt crime is ridonkulous. show some love for the 4dr LT drivers, please? cuz trust me, i can put in work on some cars ::cough:: 90 series mustang & Neon srt ::cough::
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM

Dude I got your back Jeremy... It takes some work for some people they can't just throw down for an ss right away. If you want to work for it more power to you... If I was in NM I would even give you a hand.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:30 PM

in the end of the day it is still a cobalt. but your friend with the vw needs to shut the **** up because i have mk4 gti and a ss/tc. gti isnt any better built in my eyes and out of the box is ***** slow and handles as well as a traverse(ive driven one many times)
Old 08-31-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by RyRidesMotox
Dude I got your back Jeremy... It takes some work for some people they can't just throw down for an ss right away. If you want to work for it more power to you... If I was in NM I would even give you a hand.
psht i'll jus give em the business with my garret but not be an ass about it
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by occsdude
in the end of the day it is still a cobalt. but your friend with the vw needs to shut the **** up because i have mk4 gti and a ss/tc. gti isnt any better built in my eyes and out of the box is ***** slow and handles as well as a traverse(ive driven one many times)
One of the guys I work with has a GTI and he says that about my cobalt... He talks all sorts of **** about how it's just a P.O.S. Chevy. Another guy at work has a Mazda Speed 3 and he likes my car, he jsut wishes they had it in a wagon. The GTI won't race me cuz he knows I would beat his ass with a 1.3 liter civic cuz he sucks at driving. Too bad people don't back their words with actions.

Originally Posted by jeremy74gd
psht i'll jus give em the business with my garret but not be an ass about it
Yea after someone gets their doors blow off by a LS or LT with a turbo set up, their response is probably I got that response alot when I was driving my 03 S-10... The ol girl had a few surprises under the hood and would be a handfull for all sorts of "faster" cars.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:02 PM

One of the guys I work with has a GTI and he says that about my cobalt... He talks all sorts of **** about how it's just a P.O.S. Chevy. Another guy at work has a Mazda Speed 3 and he likes my car, he jsut wishes they had it in a wagon. The GTI won't race me cuz he knows I would beat his ass with a 1.3 liter civic cuz he sucks at driving. Too bad people don't back their words with actions.

Yea after someone gets their doors blow off by a LS or LT with a turbo set up, their response is probably I would love to see their face.
oh most definitely =) and i race to techno blasting unless it's a cop breeding ground lol imagine how they would feel if they just got ridculously passed up by a guy listening tothe barbie girl song XD priceless
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM

Haha techno nice. I got AC/DC going dude. You gotta rock louder than the rap bumping douchebag hondas.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 AM

Haha techno nice. I got AC/DC going dude. You gotta rock louder than the rap bumping douchebag hondas.
yea rap is most definitely not racer music lol
Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of domestic drivers/owners dislike the Cobalt SS/TC as well.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 AM

Old 09-01-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SOHC24powa
HahahahahhhhhHHhAaaaa! k04 = big turbo.
More like the little turbo that could.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 PM

I was getting my windows tinted today. Some douche in a Black civic SI hatchback pulled into the place blasting his music so loud the car was rattling right when my car came around. He saw it and laughed. I politely asked him what the **** he was laughing at. Then he went into the whole SI b.s. about how the cobalt is a piece of ****. I asked him if he wanted a "piece of **** chevy" to kick his ass right then. His buddy whispered in his ear... I wonder what he said that made his ******* friend back down. HAHA *****. I hope he cranks the subs in his car so loud that he pukes. I just want one SI owner to back up his bullshit with results. Until then hate all you want SI fans the SS balt is here to stay!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 PM

unless a SI has like some enourmous amount of money under the hood or some other unforeseen circumstance then a SI will never in life be faster than a cobalt

and to the OP if you ever traded your balt for a RX8 id run you off the road in that slow POS, a STI maybe
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My wife has a 2006 SI. That car can't even get out of its own way.

Last edited by SSlobalt; 09-02-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by ericgt79
unless a SI has like some enourmous amount of money under the hood or some other unforeseen circumstance then a SI will never in life be faster than a cobalt

and to the OP if you ever traded your balt for a RX8 id run you off the road in that slow POS, a STI maybe
Yea... I work with a guy who owns an SI... he won't race me cuz he knows whats up. He is stock anyways. But it seems like every SI that I come across alwasy has a ebay fart can that sounds like its rattlling apart. And they give us **** about fit and finish... RRRIIIGGGHHHTT.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they hate cuz USDM is where its at!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Had a coworker say "it's just a cobalt" after I told him my quarter mile time, I told him my car is stock and the performance will out perform any car here. With a short debate and After showing him some specs he changed his tone Lol.

He's considering one now.

Quick Reply: Why do people hate our cars?