2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Boost controller or wastegate actuator

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost controller or wastegate actuator

So my wastegate is sometimes stuck open a little and I l put another boost control solenoid from a Volvo on my car same part the wastegate opened and closed, but it broke 2 days later I have a 2009 cobalt ss turbocharged tuned on e85 and 25lbs of boost I was wondering what boost controller I could put on there that I won't need tuning for i can't just throw it on there I don't know if it's just too much boost for a stock boost controller, but I just want to be able to throw it on and not go get it tuned thanks for the help
Old 07-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
problem with mbc is ur not gonna get any ramp at all if u ever go big turbo, just whatever psi u set it too, u will have in all gears. u will have to still tune it for whatever u pick because the boost will most likely come on differently than the ecu controlled boost. plus u need to make it so ur ecu thinks ur still using a solenoid. id just buy the proper solenoid if I was you. can get em at zzp, or just google efr boost control solenoid. its the same thing as the one on the k04, u will just not be able to mount it on the turbo, can relocate it away from that heat anyway, that's what I did, will probably last longer that way.