2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

CAI hahn install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI hahn install.

i get my hahn in the mail this week. ive never installed a cai before much less on a turbo car.
my friends gona help me install. i was searching if theres a walkthrough on here how to install but couldnt find it. if any of you can point me the way ill appreciate it.

thank you.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
remove headlamp assembly (headlight and headlight mounting bracket), remove stock air box (one retainer way down low behind the headlamp assembly can be a little tricky to get out without destroying) and remove the stock air snorkle tube from turbo. From there it's pretty easy to install the new intake system.. Nothing complicated even for a novice
Old 03-07-2010, 01:46 PM

should take 30 mins tops and thats with time drinking a beer.

make sure tho you pay attention and dont loose the screws that hold in the plastic wheel well cover. alot of people cut some of it off for more air, dont do that its gay and you dont need to.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:49 PM

ok so no need to take out the wheel . just remove headlight.

also my friends offered to install for me hahn catless dp this week also.
i have the 3" hahn catback. would he need to weld anything or easy bolton?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You really don't need to jack the car, remove the wheel and then remove the wheel well. It's easier to just remove the headlamp assembly IMO.. but to each his own

the dp is even easier than the cai... 7 bolts and you are done.. the dp is the quickest and by far best bang for you buck mod
Old 03-07-2010, 01:52 PM

i would and did take jack the car up and take the wheel off. its gonna be a bitch trying to fight that filter on if you dont and your gonna **** it up. anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey like I said, to each his own. There is plenty of room working through the headlamp void as long as you remove the mounting bracket as well. It takes 5 minutes to remove the entire light assembly and I have never had any issues with fitting a cone filter through the void. Don't do un-needed steps and remove things that don't need to be removed.. Again, to each his own and as long as it works for you then fine. Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing
Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 PM

yea you know the only problem i have with that, every single cobalt reguard of trim level in production has a huge ****** gap on the passenger side and some on both passenger and driver side where the bumper doesnt go all the way up to the headlight and form a seemless line. once you take that headlight bracket out it only makes it worst, i had a huge fight with the dealership and almost punched the fucken service director for telling me i lowered my car and caused the problem, i had to walk his racist country ass out to the lot and show him on LS's, LT's and SS's the same ****** problem on every single car then he ****** kissed my ass and called GM directly and i had a case but nothing ever came of it cus i had to deploy to defend that ***** freedom.

well that turned into a venting rant, dah well you get the point.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ericgt79
yea you know the only problem i have with that, every single cobalt reguard of trim level in production has a huge ****** gap on the passenger side and some on both passenger and driver side where the bumper doesnt go all the way up to the headlight and form a seemless line. once you take that headlight bracket out it only makes it worst, i had a huge fight with the dealership and almost punched the fucken service director for telling me i lowered my car and caused the problem, i had to walk his racist country ass out to the lot and show him on LS's, LT's and SS's the same ****** problem on every single car then he ****** kissed my ass and called GM directly and i had a case but nothing ever came of it cus i had to deploy to defend that ***** freedom.

well that turned into a venting rant, dah well you get the point.
I also notice the gaps too. makes me mad, feels like my passenger headlight looks bigger than my driver side. I put on theDepos they look little bit smaller then my stock ones and easier to put on than stock, but I have to get both on right, because my tabs are not hooked under the bracket correctly, which shows a gap. Now after fighting with it, the tabs are still not on, when I took off the bracket and sited tabs would fit on just fine, but now looks like I have to do the unpopular thing is to rip the front bumper off and then put the headlights on the bracket, put the bumper back on and should fit like it should.

Last edited by efactor; 03-07-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM

No need to jack the car up for the Hahn install. Remove headlight= 2 bolts. Remove headlight cage= 4 bolts. You can get to one of the snorkel bolts pretty easy and I just cut the plastic with a sawzall=10 sec removal, haha. It took a minute to align the turbo inlet couplers the way I wanted them but I put them all together and tightened them and then slipped the assembly onto the turbo and tightened it. It definitely sounds ferocious when you get into boost with this intake!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 AM

thanks guys! i should be trying this in about a week. i hate waiting for ups lol