Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

ZZP STAGE 3 kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ZZP STAGE 3 kit

I did allot of research on what kit I wanted before I bought the stage 3. I read allot of different feedbacks on how good they are, but I am very pleased. I ordered the kit on weds and got it tuesday very good shipping. The tech was helpful and responded to my emails within a few hours. All the products are very high quality. I opted for the Stealth IC and dual bypass. My only two complains would be the IC had no instructions on how to install, and that slowed me down on my install. I ended up figuring it out but took me a bit. Over all I am very pleased with the whole package, this tune really seems to be good for a can tune. I had to get a case relearn and that kinda irritated me cause I didnt see that in the descriptions of the kit, I guess that was my fault not looking into the PCM core. I would have had to pay the dealer 150 bucks if my buddy didnt have HP Tuners. I haven't really tested it out much due to I just got my heating issue repaired, but the little bit I have pushed it, it seems to have allot more power. Thank you very much for these great products!!!!
Old 09-21-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a similar problem car was going into HEAVY limp mode(no psi and could barely drive 100km/h safely) HPfP code present, googled it, found out theres a wire bundle that gets cut over time and arks out a wire. Wrapped in duct tape and problem solved. Hope its the same problem for you.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Shanedude
I had a similar problem car was going into HEAVY limp mode(no psi and could barely drive 100km/h safely) HPfP code present, googled it, found out theres a wire bundle that gets cut over time and arks out a wire. Wrapped in duct tape and problem solved. Hope its the same problem for you.
Not sure where you got I had the same issue? Only issues I had after install was the case learn. But that is good to know if I have that issue in the future
Old 11-27-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the review sean! I have been looking into the exact kit you have....... So it was a noticeable difference?

I have been working on supporting mods before pullying down. Just purchased the zzp intake, triple pillar pod, and front mount HE along with looking into an option b.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:36 PM

It made the world of difference!!!! And if you have access to HP tunes they will tweek it to your car. I have added the phenolic spacer and that also made a difference. This car has beat allot of camaro's and mustangs alike! I am very happy with how it has turned out.