2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Do you guys think 15,000 firm is too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Listen, we aren't saying you are an idiot or anything. Not at all.

You just need to lower your expectations a bit.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shortbus
Correct, you do have to pay to play, doesn't mean some one is gonna pay 15k for you car when they could get a bone stock non abused cobalt and mod it to their liking and know for SURE it's done correctly.
I know for sure it is. I'm so sure I let them drive the car, take their girlfriend or whatever. I don't have to go with them. Just recently a guy test drove the car and was with his girlfriend at the time so he brought her. I took him for a ride then left it running gave it a few to cool down and I asked if he wanted to drive it. I let him drive it and take his girlfriend. The car is fully insured so I didn't care. That's how sure of the car I am and I want the buyer to feel the same way. The only issue people seem to have is the reverse lockout which is a stock feature!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Mmm, I'd take a ported head right now. the last thing engine wise I need!

Yeah personally, I wouldn't buy a modified (heavily) car, faster. Just because its not 'mine'. I'd want to put my own personal touch to it. But someone, like you said, who knows your car...should possible offer you 12k, at least. But yeah...modded cars get **** faced

Good luck man, you're a good guy! I wish you the best.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
Listen, we aren't saying you are an idiot or anything. Not at all.

You just need to lower your expectations a bit.
Expectations? I'm not expecting anything. If I can't get 15 I won't sell it. Simple as that.
I just have a Mustang now so I really don't need the car. Both are about equally fast on 93, the cobalt maybe slightly faster, but the mustang I have is probably one of the fastest bolt on 5.0s on the east coast. I was planning on a Whipple build with it.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

Yeah personally, I wouldn't buy a modified (heavily) car, faster. Just because its not 'mine'. I'd want to put my own personal touch to it. But someone, like you said, who knows your car...should possible offer you 12k, at least. But yeah...modded cars get **** faced

Thanks man. I like how you explained it to me. Seemed very polite in a non-gay way. How you said it in the end though is definitely the way I feel about the situation.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Expectations? I'm not expecting anything. If I can't get 15 I won't sell it. Simple as that.
I just have a Mustang now so I really don't need the car. Both are about equally fast on 93, the cobalt maybe slightly faster, but the mustang I have is probably one of the fastest bolt on 5.0s on the east coast. I was planning on a Whipple build with it.
That's a pretty bold statement on the 5.0 east coast part.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM

That's a pretty bold statement on the 5.0 east coast part.
When its beat multiple local cars well over the power that the mustang should be making, it makes you wonder. Plus its been put up against about every other 5.0 around here before I owned it and I've seen it run a 550whp fox body which should have smoked it. It was just heresay. No claims meant.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM

You have a sick car, But gotta agree with you should just de-mod and part out to re-coup as much money as possible and then sell in stock form.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

Ok, I will take the bottom end.. LOL....
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 PM

Maybe trade for stock cobalt, then sell that. Or swap drivetrains with a stock LNF.

Last edited by 094doorSS/TC; 02-13-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by 094doorSS/TC
Maybe trade for stock cobalt, then sell that. Or swap drivetrains with a stock LNF.
I would have to think about that and it would have to be all of it. Trans, clutch, engine, turbo, all. I would almost do that for someone on here. They could drive my car, see if they want the setup or not. Let me drive theirs and make sure I'm not getting ripped then trade off with maybe a slight bit of boot. not much considering the price of those items.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 PM

I would have to think about that and it would have to be all of it. Trans, clutch, engine, turbo, all. I would almost do that for someone on here. They could drive my car, see if they want the setup or not. Let me drive theirs and make sure I'm not getting ripped then trade off with maybe a slight bit of boot. not much considering the price of those items.
I'm down come on out to Cali lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 PM

I'm down come on out to Cali lol.
LMFAO, funny guy, xD It'd cost me a thousand or so just for that trip!!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 AM

Humm I could cover that .
Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM

Humm I could cover that .
xD Don't tempt me!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM

I would buy that car for $15k in a heartbeat. I just bought an 09 SS/tc for more than that with little mods and twice the miles cause I couldn't find anything for a good price I looked for months. Even drove 700+miles one way to get this one. $15k with those mods is a steal good luck man
Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It's tough to get money back out of a mod car, but "wasting money" is always just an opinion. We all do things that cost money. We entertain ourselves and stay busy with projects. If that is wasting money, then we could just sit at home and read a book rather than going out to a movie. Or we could eat Mac n Cheese instead of going to a nice restaurant. Buy your clothes at Goodwill and ride your bike to work. But then what are you saving money for if life is that boring?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 AM

^^^^ And then you die tomorrow, and all that saving go where? You can't take your money with you. You have a very short time on this earth. Enjoy it.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by raver0789
^^^^ And then you die tomorrow, and all that saving go where? You can't take your money with you. You have a very short time on this earth. Enjoy it.
Enjoy working at Walmart when you are 60 all the way till you die.

2 sides to this coin. Have to find the happy medium.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Enjoy working at Walmart when you are 60 all the way till you die.

2 sides to this coin. Have to find the happy medium.
How the hell does that have anything to do with enjoying life and spending money on something that gives you joy in life? Working at Walmart and saving/spending money have zero correlation, working at Walmart is a personal decision as is what you do with your life.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 AM

How the hell does that have anything to do with enjoying life and spending money on something that gives you joy in life? Working at Walmart and saving/spending money have zero correlation, working at Walmart is a personal decision as is what you do with your life.
Lol, I didn't think it made too much sense either.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 PM

Lol, I didn't think it made too much sense either.
LOL I think everyone in this thread has now gotten "dumber" by reading that post = 0 sense.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM

LOL I think everyone in this thread has now gotten "dumber" by reading that post = 0 sense.
He was talking about not saving money because you can't take it to the grave.

The people at walmart work there in their 60s and 70s because they saved no money in their 20s.

There. Correlation.

Especially when you see the other thread with the kid dropping 50k into an RX7 when he's 21. Then he gets mad when the adults of the website tell him not to. It's because some of us understand that dropping boatloads into cars is a bad idea especially when 99% of the population has jack squat in their back account.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:45 PM

He was talking about not saving money because you can't take it to the grave.

The people at walmart work there in their 60s and 70s because they saved no money in their 20s.

There. Correlation.

Especially when you see the other thread with the kid dropping 50k into an RX7 when he's 21. Then he gets mad when the adults of the website tell him not to. It's because some of us understand that dropping boatloads into cars is a bad idea especially when 99% of the population has jack squat in their back account.

Not in anyone's post did they say go empty your bank accounts and go broke modding a vehicle, they were stating to live your life and enjoy what you do. I'm also really not worried about what someone else has in their bank account, so still not following......
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Not in anyone's post did they say go empty your bank accounts and go broke modding a vehicle, they were stating to live your life and enjoy what you do. I'm also really not worried about what someone else has in their bank account, so still not following......
Lol, you don't know people very well. For most of the population you either have lots of savings or none at all. Most fall into the none at all category. So yes, we all generally spend every last dollar trying to make our cars faster. Speed addiction.

Sorry if I struck a note on the Wal-Mart comment.

Quick Reply: Do you guys think 15,000 firm is too much?