2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

eBay intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eBay intake

So I was scouring the depths of eBay today and I found this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270765273039&index=6&nav=SEARCH&ni d=93872560533

And was wondering if anyone had tried it out on their car, I checked using the search button but to no avail. Just wondering because it has what looks to be the correct maf pad and pcv hook up.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd steer clear of anything like that from Ebay. If you want an intake, spend the extra money and buy a real intake.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted4
I'd steer clear of anything like that from Ebay. If you want an intake, spend the extra money and buy a real intake.
Very well stated. 99% of ebay intakes WILL cause a CEL on the cobalts. Unlike the cavalier, any tubing worked.

Cobalts are VERY touchy, as are most all late cars. Injen and K&N are good choices, and do not cause issues.

Save you $ and get a Injen or K&N one, dont "think" a cheap intake will be the same thing, as your car will have nothing but problems.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hate to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know exactly whats different about the ebay intakes vs injen or k&n's and what causes them to throw a cel?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Fuel trims and MAF readings. Just save yourself the trouble and get the K&N.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^it cant be said better. Ive always used intake from ebay with no issues other than shitty filters rusting in a year or two.

But the 2.0 TC engine is SERIOUSLY touchy, even dejon intake can give cels and be a pain in the ass. I can gaurentee that intake wont work without a tune and even then may cause problems.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM

yeah man. i agree with everyone. K&N, TurboXS, Hahn, Injen are all good options. much better option in the long run probably much cheaper without the headache, and you won't wanna kick yourself in a few months.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Treadstone ftw
Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM

i have the sc(sorry just saw i had posted this in a tc thread), i know its touchy but is it as touchy as the tc edition? also looking at the starters upgrade path on yourcobalt forum, it says oiled filters can mess up your maf and throw a cel, and sometimes put your car into limp mode, and it says that K & N's filters are oiled, does anyone have a k & n and could shed some light on this?

"Oiled filters can mess up your MAF sensor that connects to your intake. The result is that your car may throw a CEL (Check Engine Light). I have heard of a couple case of the car going into "Limp Mode' which is a powerloss mode where the engine has no go whatsoever. To be safe, AEM sells cone filters that are dryflow meaning they have no additives on the filter such as the oiled filters from K&N"
Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 AM

well just as an update i said screw it and ordered an intake from ebay i figured worst comes to worst ill send it back, big mistake.... the maf sensor location seemed to be the same that was about the only good thing, the welds were so crappy that some areas had small pinholes, there was barely any threads to screw in my maf, and it just seemed cheap all around. after installing the intake double check, triple checking, unplugging my battery, i could NOT get my car to run for the life of me, the car wouldnt even make it out of the driveway. installed the stocker, started up immediately and ran great, needless to say im sending it back and paying the extra money for a quality intake
Old 09-25-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stevenferris1
well just as an update i said screw it and ordered an intake from ebay i figured worst comes to worst ill send it back, big mistake.... the maf sensor location seemed to be the same that was about the only good thing, the welds were so crappy that some areas had small pinholes, there was barely any threads to screw in my maf, and it just seemed cheap all around. after installing the intake double check, triple checking, unplugging my battery, i could NOT get my car to run for the life of me, the car wouldnt even make it out of the driveway. installed the stocker, started up immediately and ran great, needless to say im sending it back and paying the extra money for a quality intake
smart choice. lol.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by stevenferris1
I have an eBay CAI and had no issues except the fitment was a bit snug. Ran for 3 months with no issues before getting it tuned. And yes I have a SC. Needless to say tho I'll be dropping it for a better intake soon.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Banned

people need to stop buying performance parts off of ebay, these ebay companies dont test these products thats why they sell ur a piece of trash for 40 bucks.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
people need to stop buying performance parts off of ebay, these ebay companies dont test these products thats why they sell ur a piece of trash for 40 bucks.
Could not agree more. Now those who do buy, pay even MORE in the end! Do it right the first time, get a quality intake.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Could not agree more. Now those who do buy, pay even MORE in the end! Do it right the first time, get a quality intake.
x2
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 AM

Since a vendor replied I'll ask, what's the difference between your intake or any other name brand, eBay intake, something my local fab shop can make, or an airbox mod? And why the price difference? I know you put a lot of R&D into it but nobody knew an airbox mod would work til they tried and the only R&D on a custom made one is once It's on the car and both of those cost much less. Not trying to troll or anything I'm just curious.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Banned

Well its already been proven that the brand turbotech carrys dont flow as good as stock but it also is not complete and utter trash like these ebay intake that dont even put then maf sensor in the correct spot, injen intake is simple for looks and sound, u wont lose much hp at all compared to stock airbox mod but it will be louder.

Ps im talking about lsj because thats what i own i dont know as much about lnf.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Banned

They was some guy that got an ebay intake on his car and dynoed it an it put down lie 180ish and ran awful so he removed it and it dynoed back in the 200 range again and ran perfect, so thats why u dont buy performance parts from ebay.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
I had a zzp 3 in intake and my SS/SC screamed. Recommend it.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor

Well its already been proven that the brand turbotech carrys dont flow as good as stock but it also is not complete and utter trash like these ebay intake that dont even put then maf sensor in the correct spot, injen intake is simple for looks and sound, u wont lose much hp at all compared to stock airbox mod but it will be louder.

Ps im talking about lsj because thats what i own i dont know as much about lnf.
Where did you get this info that Injen does not flow as good as stock? Injen flows Better than stock...

Injen has dyno proof of 16 HP on the LSJ (stock vs Injen intake added only)
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SPDDMN36
Since a vendor replied I'll ask, what's the difference between your intake or any other name brand, eBay intake, something my local fab shop can make, or an airbox mod? And why the price difference? I know you put a lot of R&D into it but nobody knew an airbox mod would work til they tried and the only R&D on a custom made one is once It's on the car and both of those cost much less. Not trying to troll or anything I'm just curious.
Injen uses patent "MR Technology" it is all about air dynamics and air flow movement. This testing takes time and $. So unless you have a way to test air flow through a tube, Injen is one step ahead of a homemade intake. Same thing goes for K&N, it is testing, and more than just a "tube"
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Banned

Where did you get this info that Injen does not flow as good as stock? Injen flows Better than stock...

Injen has dyno proof of 16 HP on the LSJ (stock vs Injen intake added only)
Staged 07 is the one with the info u would have to ask him for it.

Last edited by Vander Nars; 09-27-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor

Staged 07 is the one with the info u would have to ask him for it.
It is not true, whoever said it... You would not get a 16 HP improvement if it was worst than stock lol.

Injen is and always will be a very popular choice in an intake choice.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

It is not true, whoever said it... You would not get a 16 HP improvement if it was worst than stock lol.

Injen is and always will be a very popular choice in an intake choice.
my understanding is he went during the same time of the day and tested like 5 intakes including injen and the airbox mod and the airbox mod had the highest flow. He is a mod on here so I wouldnt expect it to be a lie.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 AM

my understanding is he went during the same time of the day and tested like 5 intakes including injen and the airbox mod and the airbox mod had the highest flow. He is a mod on here so I wouldnt expect it to be a lie.
i dont buy this either though. what is this "airbox mod" you speak of? i just doub it breaths as good as aftermarket ones. im saying

pic or it didnt happen..........

Quick Reply: eBay intake