2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Good news!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Good news!!!

Who ever is local to me, I live in Chino Hills, CA.

I need a 2009 Cobalt SS turbo coupe. I have a 2009 Sedan and just got my intake from Injen. They used my car as their test car. I was talking to the guy that did the job and he is looking for someone with a 2009 coupe. who ever comes first to post gets the intake..

conditions:
The car has to be completely stock. No power mods can be on the car in order to get the free Injen Cold Air intake.

feel free to shoot me an email and i will get your information straight to the research and development at Injen.

email is fshizl@verizon.net

who ever emails me first with a car thats local to chino hills/pomona and that is stock and is willing to give their car to injen for 2 days for a free intake will get it.

-Carlos

I know you guys will ask, my car was dynoed at 256hp/256tq to the wheels. Intake alone.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hope they know it will be the same intake...coupe and sedan ahve the EXACT same everythign from firewall forward
Old 04-03-2009, 08:00 PM

From their original 08 coupe to my 09 sedan he had to make adjustments to the intake. He wants to make sure that the adjustments are the Same as the ones done to my 09 sedan.

No one wants a free intake?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 PM

Old 04-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by fshizl
From their original 08 coupe to my 09 sedan he had to make adjustments to the intake. He wants to make sure that the adjustments are the Same as the ones done to my 09 sedan.

No one wants a free intake?
its all the same intake...no intake company sells one diff for diff years of the same model or for coupe/ sedan...y would this be any different
Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM

Who ever is local to me, I live in Chino Hills, CA.

I need a 2009 Cobalt SS turbo coupe. I have a 2009 Sedan and just got my intake from Injen. They used my car as their test car. I was talking to the guy that did the job and he is looking for someone with a 2009 coupe. who ever comes first to post gets the intake..

conditions:
The car has to be completely stock. No power mods can be on the car in order to get the free Injen Cold Air intake.

feel free to shoot me an email and i will get your information straight to the research and development at Injen.

email is fshizl@verizon.net

who ever emails me first with a car thats local to chino hills/pomona and that is stock and is willing to give their car to injen for 2 days for a free intake will get it.

-Carlos

I know you guys will ask, my car was dynoed at 256hp/256tq to the wheels. Intake alone.
Before the intake, how much did your car put down?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
Before the intake, how much did your car put down?
ding, ding, ding..... gooooood question....
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 PM

all gains are made at top end. Max torque increased by 1, but after 5.7k rpm torque = 20+

Hp gain = 21

When i posted it, i figured id help someone out, if they wanted the intake, but you guys seem to be making it so difficult.

send me an email if your up for an intake.

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
its all the same intake...no intake company sells one diff for diff years of the same model or for coupe/ sedan...y would this be any different

Aem has different intakes for different years scion tc's... its the same car? so by your theory it should be the same intake?

Last edited by fshizl; 04-03-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Yes it's the same intake for the sedan and coupe. Why would it be different? Just like alot of places will say that a certain part fits 05-06 cobalts when it will also fit 07s. But hey, if they are willing to give away a free intake for the hell of it, then more power to them.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM

well look, he asked me to find him a 2009 coupe, because he had to modify the intake for it to work on my sedan, he wants to know if its just the sedan that needs to be modified or if its all 2009's that need to be modified.

btw my intake has a different part number.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 AM

ok...is a scion a chevy now??? i didnt get the memo????

then u got the 1 fd up tc in the batch

Last edited by NWAE Cobalt; 04-04-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2009, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So Injen wants to give somebody a free intake, and you guys are questioning that? What the **** buffalo bill.

Ever heard the saying: never look a gift horse in the mouth?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:53 AM

Yeah, they just want to double check to make sure everything fits and works well. He said they had to modify something for the 09 sedan model, probably want to check to see if it's the same with the 09 coupe. If I was local I'd be all over this. Sorry that I'm all the way in Chicago...
Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 AM

and if i was a tc i would vol and such too lol, im just sayin...its going to be the same coupe to sedan
Old 04-04-2009, 03:21 AM

and if i was a tc i would vol and such too lol, im just sayin...its going to be the same coupe to sedan

and yet im telling you he had to change something for my intake from the original coupe intake design...

please man stop fighting it, if you are not local or own a 2009 coupe that is completely stock, then dont worry about it
Old 04-04-2009, 05:08 AM

well i live in chino and have a coupe but is this intake going to be carb legal?
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 AM

and yet im telling you he had to change something for my intake from the original coupe intake design...

please man stop fighting it, if you are not local or own a 2009 coupe that is completely stock, then dont worry about it
tell ya what newb...have fun with your time wasting...after youve spent as much time around here as some people, and have seen the proof that they are the same...then come back lol
Old 04-04-2009, 10:31 AM

WTF??? Is there anything wrong with the guy that builds the intakes wanting to make sure that they same?? Im sure he dont want to send out a **** load of them only to have a problem with them.

Ever heard of double or triple checking ****?? Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by originaladrian
******* awesome! I lol'd
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by JERMzSS
WTF??? Is there anything wrong with the guy that builds the intakes wanting to make sure that they same?? Im sure he dont want to send out a **** load of them only to have a problem with them.

Ever heard of double or triple checking ****?? Sounds like a good idea to me.
them wanting to check to make sure? no...but this guy is arguing that the intakes are diff. let the comp waste money/ double check, thats not my issue...just telling mr n00b here that its going to be the same
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 PM

them wanting to check to make sure? no...but this guy is arguing that the intakes are diff. let the comp waste money/ double check, thats not my issue...just telling mr n00b here that its going to be the same
:facepalm:
dude even if he is a noob INJEN HAD TO MODIFY HIS INTAKE.. cause it's an 09.. now maybe there aint any difference between 09 coupe and sedan WHO CARES... they are offering a FREE INTAKE.. obiviously it's different from the 08's cause THEY HAD TO MODIFY IT.. so why bash on him? maybe company's should just NOT give away free ****.. and all the 09 owner's can jus HACK up there intakes trying to get it to fit right.. you dont have to keep telling him the SAME thing and try and make this thread off topic. ohh wait forgot where i was posting....
Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 PM

i htink its alot of bs...no one else buying any other brand intake had to adjust anything between years of tc or models
Old 04-04-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
dude even if he is a noob INJEN HAD TO MODIFY HIS INTAKE.. cause it's an 09.. now maybe there aint any difference between 09 coupe and sedan WHO CARES... they are offering a FREE INTAKE.. obiviously it's different from the 08's cause THEY HAD TO MODIFY IT.. so why bash on him? maybe company's should just NOT give away free ****.. and all the 09 owner's can jus HACK up there intakes trying to get it to fit right.. you dont have to keep telling him the SAME thing and try and make this thread off topic. ohh wait forgot where i was posting....
x2 why would he lie about them having to change it?? People here lie about how hot there gf is or how there 2.2 n/a beat a ss/sc from a roll ZOMG!!!NOWAYZ!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
2009 Sedan SS/TC here...

They are all the same

So there, someone that HAS the car...... Its all the same up front.

Now if injen wishes to give away a intake that is fine, but everything up front is exactly the same.

And BTW..not really said yet (maybe you know this), but your going to loose all that power in the next few weeks. Go get it dyno'd again in lets say 4 weeks! Your power is going drop back down as the car detunes itself. Modifications on this car are not worth it until you get tuned, unless its for sounds/appearance reasons only.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:35 PM

tell ya what newb...have fun with your time wasting...after youve spent as much time around here as some people, and have seen the proof that they are the same...then come back lol

Dude, i used to sell the stuff... if the pipe doesnt bend 1 inch the right way, its not going to work.

your like the guy that said "it was a waste of time for them using my car to check the intake cause it was the same" I dont care, i got a free intake out of it. And also got my car on the list for intercooler, intercooler piping, exhaust and downpipe. Sounds like a pretty ******* good deal to me, cause its all for free.

Oh did i mention that the owner that volunteers his car will also be used to test fit those parts on his car too?

Originally Posted by boosted4dr
2009 Sedan SS/TC here...

They are all the same

So there, someone that HAS the car...... Its all the same up front.

Now if injen wishes to give away a intake that is fine, but everything up front is exactly the same.

And BTW..not really said yet (maybe you know this), but your going to loose all that power in the next few weeks. Go get it dyno'd again in lets say 4 weeks! Your power is going drop back down as the car detunes itself. Modifications on this car are not worth it until you get tuned, unless its for sounds/appearance reasons only.
i know, just waiting on the gm tuning. One thing the guy told me, is that when ever the car turns off the A/f numbers get reset back to 0, then the car needs one run to re-adjust itself. He said that after the first run from being turned on, that the second and third runs were showing the power.

Last edited by fshizl; 04-04-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Good news!!!