2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Good news!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fshizl
Dude, i used to sell the stuff... if the pipe doesnt bend 1 inch the right way, its not going to work.

i know, just waiting on the gm tuning. One thing the guy told me, is that when ever the car turns off the A/f numbers get reset back to 0, then the car needs one run to re-adjust itself. He said that after the first run from being turned on, that the second and third runs were showing the power.
yaa...your right...although the ones for the cobalts are all the same year to year, a 2008 tc (either sedan or coupe) is the same as an 09, just like all 2.2s use the same, all 2.4s use the same (and actually they use the same as a 2.2) and the 2.0 lsj uses the same
you are the first person in 3x,xxx members that seams to think that there is a diff between body style or years...hmmmmm
i dont care what you used to sell...a used car saleman doesnt have to know what they are selling either...they just need to get product out and money in...not saying you dont know, just showing
if they had to tweak it for your car, then maybe you had some quirk that is a one off thing or the intake he was using wasnt tweaked right, who knows, but it has been posted in this thread by someone with it that they are the same.
if the company wants to give one away for free i think thats cool, but personally when i work closely with someone developing products for the cobalt (clear image auto....who also makes these and other stuff for other model balts) i like to help them NOT waste money, cause the less money r&d takes the lower the overall price for everyone else is as they are not trying to make up lost/ wasted money.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Teal94Z
well i live in chino and have a coupe but is this intake going to be carb legal?
well, no intake is carb legal for this car yet. it takes a couple of years for an actual carb number to come out... if the company even applies for it. Injen does apply for carb numbers but i think they are up to 2005 with carb legal numbers. It takes about 2-4 years to get it legalized.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:49 PM

I dont understand why there is so much tension here. all the guy said was Injen is looking for a 09 coupe just to make sure it fit without problems. Which to me is very respectable.

and he posted here to let someone in on a free intake being nice. and just like every other thread here it turns into an argument. Im not saying one person is wrong or one person is right, so please dont fight with me, but we come here because we all have something in common. We should stick together, we are into the same kind of car obviously, why do we need to fight.

Lets just help each other out, and stop the bickering.

does it really matter if a company wants to give away ONE intake for free? seeing that they make how many different intakes for how many cars? I think its respectable what they are doing. and dont see the need to fight.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
yaa...your right...although the ones for the cobalts are all the same year to year, a 2008 tc (either sedan or coupe) is the same as an 09, just like all 2.2s use the same, all 2.4s use the same (and actually they use the same as a 2.2) and the 2.0 lsj uses the same
you are the first person in 3x,xxx members that seams to think that there is a diff between body style or years...hmmmmm
i dont care what you used to sell...a used car saleman doesnt have to know what they are selling either...they just need to get product out and money in...not saying you dont know, just showing
if they had to tweak it for your car, then maybe you had some quirk that is a one off thing or the intake he was using wasnt tweaked right, who knows, but it has been posted in this thread by someone with it that they are the same.
if the company wants to give one away for free i think thats cool, but personally when i work closely with someone developing products for the cobalt (clear image auto....who also makes these and other stuff for other model balts) i like to help them NOT waste money, cause the less money r&d takes the lower the overall price for everyone else is as they are not trying to make up lost/ wasted money.

okay, but im just trying to find someone with a 2009 coupe because thats what the guy at injen asked me to do. He asked for my help, and i figured if i came here someone would bite on the opportunity. Never did i think i was going to get flamed by a member here.

He told me that he had to change something on the intake and wanted to make sure that the modification was only for the 2009 sedan or if he needed to do it for the 2009 coupe as well.

now please, i just need someone with a 2009 coupe that is completely stock.

Originally Posted by JayCress
I dont understand why there is so much tension here. all the guy said was Injen is looking for a 09 coupe just to make sure it fit without problems. Which to me is very respectable.

and he posted here to let someone in on a free intake being nice. and just like every other thread here it turns into an argument. Im not saying one person is wrong or one person is right, so please dont fight with me, but we come here because we all have something in common. We should stick together, we are into the same kind of car obviously, why do we need to fight.

Lets just help each other out, and stop the bickering.

does it really matter if a company wants to give away ONE intake for free? seeing that they make how many different intakes for how many cars? I think its respectable what they are doing. and dont see the need to fight.
thank you man, i figured id share it with these guys, its the only place ive used to look for this coupe...

i can probably find another forum but since this was on my bookmarks i just used this.

i never once expected to get flamed from offering a free part for a car... ROFL

Last edited by fshizl; 04-04-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 AM

you have a pm
Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by boosted4dr
2009 Sedan SS/TC here...

They are all the same

So there, someone that HAS the car...... Its all the same up front.

Now if injen wishes to give away a intake that is fine, but everything up front is exactly the same.

And BTW..not really said yet (maybe you know this), but your going to loose all that power in the next few weeks. Go get it dyno'd again in lets say 4 weeks! Your power is going drop back down as the car detunes itself. Modifications on this car are not worth it until you get tuned, unless its for sounds/appearance reasons only.
True. I lived down the street from him and I raced him in my stock ss/tc coupe. All I have is the K&N Drop in and muffler delete . We went from a 30 roll and I took him by 1 car almost immediately and slowly started pulling. Grant it he had 1 passenger but the intake didn't effect power for him at all. If he had 21 + HP gain he would of pulled on me.

Not talking **** but just want to get the record straight. The intake did nothing.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by fshizl
Dude, i used to sell the stuff... if the pipe doesnt bend 1 inch the right way, its not going to work.

your like the guy that said "it was a waste of time for them using my car to check the intake cause it was the same" I dont care, i got a free intake out of it. And also got my car on the list forintercooler, intercooler piping, exhaust and downpipe. Sounds like a pretty ******* good deal to me, cause its all for free. .
Holy **** no way. I like Injen because of there quality parts at a reasonable price!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by originaladrian
you are now reading everything in my voice!