2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Goodies came in the mail...but...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
Did you get in contact w/ ZZP about the issue? If so you should direct Matt to this thread. He's awesome with customer service and I'm sure he'll do what he can to take care of you.
I have been emailing back and forth with him.

Wow, I don't even know what to say. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that we are selling parts that aren't supposed to be available yet. It looks like production is somehow getting ahead and stocking parts before shipping even knows what they are. This is the same charge tube that I am running on my car. There should be no issues with it at all, but we obviously need to have the product launched correctly so everyone knows the difference and customers get the parts they want. I will work on this more first thing in the morning to try to get you guys taken care of. If you want block-off plates, we could fab them up and you would have the option of installing a 50mm BOV in the future. Otherwise, we can replace the tubes with the right one.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lulz
Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Former Vendor

"Ordered: Gay as hell 50mm BOV."
Where did you order from? I can get you a cost deal on a TiAL or get you one of our Stattama BOVs for free. Is your car red?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
I have been emailing back and forth with him.

Wow, I don't even know what to say. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that we are selling parts that aren't supposed to be available yet. It looks like production is somehow getting ahead and stocking parts before shipping even knows what they are. This is the same charge tube that I am running on my car. There should be no issues with it at all, but we obviously need to have the product launched correctly so everyone knows the difference and customers get the parts they want. I will work on this more first thing in the morning to try to get you guys taken care of. If you want block-off plates, we could fab them up and you would have the option of installing a 50mm BOV in the future. Otherwise, we can replace the tubes with the right one.

I wish CTI would do this on the downpipe they sent about 6 of us so far that was complete and utter garbage. Props to ZZP for actually owning up to a mistake and taking care of it properly.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM

...hey wanna just like randomly put my name in your guys computers and maybe one day ill come home and like a catback or chargepipes or clutch or something will get "accidently" shipped here
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 PM

Did you get in contact w/ ZZP about the issue? If so you should direct Matt to this thread. He's awesome with customer service and I'm sure he'll do what he can to take care of you.
Yes, he is taking care of it. I was hoping to hit the track tomorrow but will have to wait until next wednesday now.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Where did you order from? I can get you a cost deal on a TiAL or get you one of our Stattama BOVs for free. Is your car red?
I actually emailed you guys and Tom told me that I should get one from your site. I got the 50mm one you guys sell for like 60 bucks or whatever it is. Would you be able to ship out the block off plates or whatever it is when you ship out the BOV for me? If not I'll just hook everything up and run it until with the BPV still in place until you guys can get one out for me.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gestapo007
...hey wanna just like randomly put my name in your guys computers and maybe one day ill come home and like a catback or chargepipes or clutch or something will get "accidently" shipped here
lol, at least no one shipped out our LNF turbo kit when someone ordered a turbo manifold.

Originally Posted by 02RedWS6TA
Yes, he is taking care of it. I was hoping to hit the track tomorrow but will have to wait until next wednesday now.
What part of Michigan are you from? Where did you plan to go racing?

I actually emailed you guys and Tom told me that I should get one from your site. I got the 50mm one you guys sell for like 60 bucks or whatever it is. Would you be able to ship out the block off plates or whatever it is when you ship out the BOV for me? If not I'll just hook everything up and run it until with the BPV still in place until you guys can get one out for me.
OK, I can get this discounted, or I can get you a cover for the flange if you don't want to run a BOV right away. If you do want to run the BOV, I will get a bpv blockoff included in your order. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Matt M; 05-04-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM

ZZP owns. Threads like this make me happy
Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 PM

**** do I ever wish ZZP made a turbo kit for the LNF Kappas.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 PM

OK, I can get this discounted, or I can get you a cover for the flange if you don't want to run a BOV right away. If you do want to run the BOV, I will get a bpv blockoff included in your order. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Nah not a problem. Yeah if you could just send the block off plates with it that would be great and I will run the BOV. You guys are the greatest! If possible could you send some brief instructions for putting on the block off plates that would be great because I am a BOV n00b. Is it just one block off plate or is there 2? One for the bpv and one for whatever it connects to? Sorry for the n00bness.

Originally Posted by Gestapo007
ZZP owns. Threads like this make me happy
Customer service sells products...which is why ZZP is my vendor of choice.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pantherqs
**** do I ever wish ZZP made a turbo kit for the LNF Kappas.
If you (or anyone) wants to drop one off, we will gladly get it done and discount the first kit. It shouldn't be too much trouble getting it all working right since the ECMs operate the same.

Nah not a problem. Yeah if you could just send the block off plates with it that would be great and I will run the BOV. You guys are the greatest! If possible could you send some brief instructions for putting on the block off plates that would be great because I am a BOV n00b. Is it just one block off plate or is there 2? One for the bpv and one for whatever it connects to? Sorry for the n00bness.
The bpv blocks a passage within the turbo's compressor housing. We just block it so it can't open.

Last edited by Matt M; 05-04-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2010, 11:51 PM

If you (or anyone) wants to drop one off, we will gladly get it done and discount the first kit. It shouldn't be too much trouble getting it all working right since the ECMs operate the same.
I will definitely be in touch. I can also do the tuning if required. Would I be able to provide the turbo to use?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pantherqs
I will definitely be in touch. I can also do the tuning if required. Would I be able to provide the turbo to use?
We would like to stick with our current Borg Warner turbo line since we would need to fixture the kit for future sales. We could use your turbo, but then we couldn't offer the same discounts on the install.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 AM

We would like to stick with our current Borg Warner turbo line since we would need to fixture the kit for future sales. We could use your turbo, but then we couldn't offer the same discounts on the install.
Sounds like a plan. Im definitely interested. You guys are about 2 hours from me and I can go without a car for a bit no problem. Could you throw me some pricing and timeframe details via email possibly? I will definitely stick with your turbo. immersion@gmail.com

Thanks
Ben
Old 05-05-2010, 04:14 AM

What part of Michigan are you from? Where did you plan to go racing?
Saginaw. I usually go to Mid-Michigan Motorplex since it's only like 45 minutes from here.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:28 AM

you got pwn'd by a vendor.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:24 AM

The bpv blocks a passage within the turbo's compressor housing. We just block it so it can't open.
OK fantastic! Only thing is...I was on your site and checked the status of my BOV and it already shipped and has a set delivery date of today! You guys are too fast! I ordered that thing at almost 4'oclock yesterday so I wasn't expecting it to even ship out until today! Looks like I'll have to wait for the Block off plate to get here separately then haha!

Originally Posted by ericgt79
you got pwn'd by a vendor.
There is no pwnage in this thread...other than Santa Clause's bowels a couple pages back.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Yeah mine came with the flange too, and now I have to order a BOV

I think I might go with zzp's copy of the Tial and save 150 bucks or so

How do I get the block off plate for the original BPV
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
Yeah mine came with the flange too, and now I have to order a BOV

I think I might go with zzp's copy of the Tial and save 150 bucks or so

How do I get the block off plate for the original BPV
Tell Matt you want it and they will fab one up for you....Except his PM box is full currently so I'm sure he'll get on here and see this eventually.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Incorrect Product received -> Guy that hates BOVs gets a BOV to solve issue -> Santa Clause doesn't ****???
:
Updated Chain of Events:
Incorrect Product received -> Guy that hates BOVs gets a BOV to solve issue -> Santa Clause doesn't **** -> Solstice gets a massive zzp snail

A+ thread imo.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by crypticscifer
OK, so your not tuning that aggressive. Then NLS is still in play. But for those that it isn't, that reasoning doesn't work.

Originally Posted by crypticscifer
Not at all, that speaks nothing of what your tune looks like. Just your red line. Mines @ 7100, but that isn't what makes a tune aggressive. You can calm down. If you were offended by the band-aid comment, my apologies. As Sandman has stated, in an aggressive tune, NLs isn't worth it.
Where your rev limit is has very little to do with how aggressive the car is tuned... That's an interesting comment. So my car at 30psi with 6500 rev limit and your car at 22psi with 7200 rev limit, which would you say is more aggressive??

Not that I run 30 anymore or have that low of a rev limit lol. Just an example.

And I NLS at the track everytime as well as many other people I have tuned. Only person to have an issue thus far has been BBG, but he also drop kicks the car into gear LMAO... (Just FYI: 25psi, 7200 Rev in 1st and 2nd, 7K in 3rd and I NLS all but 1-2.)

On the BOV thing:
You don't have to worry about rich spikes or anything like a typical factory turbo car. This car commands fuel to be cutoff after any sort of light load/boost when the throttle is released.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 AM

Tell Matt you want it and they will fab one up for you....Except his PM box is full currently so I'm sure he'll get on here and see this eventually.
Yeah I just pm'd Ryan over there so hopefully he takes care of me, I'm sure he will

Which BOV did you go with the Tial or the zzp/Tial knock off
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
Yeah I just pm'd Ryan over there so hopefully he takes care of me, I'm sure he will

Which BOV did you go with the Tial or the zzp/Tial knock off
ZZP 50mm...Tial is too expensive. Maybe if I was initially planning on going with a BOV setup I would have gone with a true Tial...but since a BOV setup was kind of an accident I decided not to spend the extra dough and see how I like the extra noise before I go and drop some big bucks.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
Where your rev limit is has very little to do with how aggressive the car is tuned... That's an interesting comment. So my car at 30psi with 6500 rev limit and your car at 22psi with 7200 rev limit, which would you say is more aggressive??

Not that I run 30 anymore or have that low of a rev limit lol. Just an example.

And I NLS at the track everytime as well as many other people I have tuned. Only person to have an issue thus far has been BBG, but he also drop kicks the car into gear LMAO... (Just FYI: 25psi, 7200 Rev in 1st and 2nd, 7K in 3rd and I NLS all but 1-2.)

On the BOV thing:
You don't have to worry about rich spikes or anything like a typical factory turbo car. This car commands fuel to be cutoff after any sort of light load/boost when the throttle is released.
I meant the rev limit in comparison to other factors. So the ECU, when NLs is engaged, will compensate for the new rev limit? Interesting about the spikes. I'm still not comfortable about NLS'ing with the tune I have though.

OK fantastic! Only thing is...I was on your site and checked the status of my BOV and it already shipped and has a set delivery date of today! You guys are too fast! I ordered that thing at almost 4'oclock yesterday so I wasn't expecting it to even ship out until today! Looks like I'll have to wait for the Block off plate to get here separately then haha!

There is no pwnage in this thread...other than Santa Clause's bowels a couple pages back.
I think he meant when someone asked to use their own turbo on the build kit and get the discount. Then ZZP, as expected, said they could not. But I agree that's not being owned.

Last edited by crypticscifer; 05-05-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Goodies came in the mail...but...