2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Intake Cold Air/Short Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake Cold Air/Short Ram

What intake are you running, or if youre still stock which one do you like best? Im trying to decide what I want to go with, and I wanted to get some input on what everyone has liked and why. Ive been looking at Hahn's CAI and Dejon's SRI, but havent made up my mind. What do you guys think of these and the other options out there?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
What intake are you running, or if youre still stock which one do you like best? Im trying to decide what I want to go with, and I wanted to get some input on what everyone has liked and why. Ive been looking at Hahn's CAI and Dejon's SRI, but havent made up my mind. What do you guys think of these and the other options out there?
Get the Dejon intake. I love mine, and unlike the CAI it will not require your MAF tables to be touched. My MAF error was 1% stock and only 2% with the Dejon intake. Save yourself $100+ too.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:53 PM

so even the SRI will mess with the MAF a little? you dont get any CELs though right?

On a side note, I notice you have a borla exhaust on your car...I havent seen anyone else with that. How do you like the sound? Any chance of getting a video up?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 PM

i have hahn cai and its amazing i dont even drive w/ my music on anymore i just listen to the turbo
Old 03-20-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by sherm420
i have hahn cai and its amazing i dont even drive w/ my music on anymore i just listen to the turbo

lol I just got mine on yesterday...done 150 miles in the last 2 days, most without the radio
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Prouty33
lol I just got mine on yesterday...done 150 miles in the last 2 days, most without the radio
ya it sounds so much meaner and u can hear the whole spool perfectly
Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now i cant wait to get the hahn. thanks guys.

just remember

SRI=0-60 a lil fast than a CAI

buttttttt

60+=CAI faster than the SRI
Old 03-20-2009, 06:13 PM

anybody have an injen intake system?

or know how they match up with Hahn or Dejon?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
umm i heard there was some rubbing issues with injen. but dont quote me

im ordering hahn within like the next couple days.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

with the sri can you hear the turbo spool as good as the hahn intake?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 PM

I have the dejon intake with a synapse engeneering bov and love it it sounds great and he butt dyno approves.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

Since most people probably dont own both intakes to compare thats a hard question to answer...but I have the Hahn...and ive never heard an intake sound that badass. You wont be dissapointed. Loud as hell.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 PM

wait for the GM intake
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
wait for the GM intake

why do you say that?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by JayCress
why do you say that?
because warranty is a good thing and it's supposed to come with the upgrade kit GM has in store for us this summer...........more power, under warranty, and an intake........win-win-win..........seems simple to me
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM

i have the Hahn cool ram but i also had a home built SRI and home built CAI sound really isnt much different and the power gains SRI vs. CAI isnt enough to even worry about so either way is awesome dont forget the Clear Image has a intake as well
Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned

i just wanna stick with brands and seeing how has charge piping doesnt support having a blow off valve(i need it for a turbo upgrade in the future) im thinking of going with dejons.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by sherm420
Exactly, and it's a Hahn product, which is top notch.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Banned

yeah hahns stuff is nice but they have yet to get back to me on putting a blow off valve flange on my charge pipe. like i said i really want to stick with whatever brand i start with.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 AM

I have been in a car with a Hahn CAI and heard the spool and blow off, several times. A guy at a local dealer had one installed and told me to stop by and check it out. I just purchased a Dejon SRI from a member on here, and the sound is EXACTLY the same.

No I am not just saying that cause I just want mine to sound like Hahn's cause I really dont give a crap, But with the Dejon you getter much better throttle response then stock, on a cold start when your engine is automatically revving it sounds like a shop vac under your hood while its sucking air in (cool as ****. had a few people go "whats that!?" with the hood closed) Dejon's intake is 1 piece so its very easy to install, so far no MAF problems. I have a muffler delete and it does pop a little more with the extra air, but maybe thats because I have just been revving so much since I got it because I love the sound.

Just seems like the Hahn guys vocalize about it more, giving the people the idea that the Hahn is louder. I would vocalize about it more if I spent 2x as much for the same **** too.

Dejon has a recirc valve you can add so when you get their charge piping with a BOV down the line you can properly recirculate it and not run rich and slowly **** your **** up
Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
so even the SRI will mess with the MAF a little? you dont get any CELs though right?

On a side note, I notice you have a borla exhaust on your car...I havent seen anyone else with that. How do you like the sound? Any chance of getting a video up?
2% is nothing. Error is 1% with the stocker on there. CAI can be much higher error %. Because the distance between the MAF and the filter is dramatically changed. That is why AEM's intakes has a MAF extension. Keeps things more like stock.
I dont have a good video camera so the video I made was distorted badly even at idle. Sounds pretty deep and agressive though and it pops real loud when I shift now

Originally Posted by Gestapo007
I have been in a car with a Hahn CAI and heard the spool and blow off, several times. A guy at a local dealer had one installed and told me to stop by and check it out. I just purchased a Dejon SRI from a member on here, and the sound is EXACTLY the same.

No I am not just saying that cause I just want mine to sound like Hahn's cause I really dont give a crap, But with the Dejon you getter much better throttle response then stock, on a cold start when your engine is automatically revving it sounds like a shop vac under your hood while its sucking air in (cool as ****. had a few people go "whats that!?" with the hood closed) Dejon's intake is 1 piece so its very easy to install, so far no MAF problems. I have a muffler delete and it does pop a little more with the extra air, but maybe thats because I have just been revving so much since I got it because I love the sound.

Just seems like the Hahn guys vocalize about it more, giving the people the idea that the Hahn is louder. I would vocalize about it more if I spent 2x as much for the same **** too.

Dejon has a recirc valve you can add so when you get their charge piping with a BOV down the line you can properly recirculate it and not run rich and slowly **** your **** up
SRI is going to be louder because the filter is in the engine bay close to the cab. CAI it is in the bumper. SRI=louder. Flows damn good too. Nearly 38 lbs./min. on my car. I had no idea the stock turbo could move so much air.

Last edited by Terminator2; 03-21-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

yeah i had a lot of dejons stuff when i had a dsm. hahn makes very nice products but i just want to stick with brands so i just wanted a half way legit response on the sri vs the full intake. thanks for the time guys.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gestapo007

I have the Hahn Cool Ram Intake and when I first start up my car it goes thru it's own little process and you can clearly hear the intake sucking the air in. It's not just with a SRI.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
I have the Hahn Cool Ram Intake and when I first start up my car it goes thru it's own little process and you can clearly hear the intake sucking the air in. It's not just with a SRI.
Oh yea I heard it with the hahn, I wasnt saying in that post that the hahn doesnt. The beginning of the post was saying how they sound the same and then the 2nd part was stickly dejon review lol. i actually reread it after i typed it and was like...that doesnt sound right, **** it.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:09 PM

any one thinking about getting the clear image SRI when its released

Quick Reply: Intake Cold Air/Short Ram